ADVERTISEMENT

Looking forward to the Sugar ...

ArchDawg

Dec 9, 2001
Honestly, been waiting a long time to play Texas again.

Most of us have a lot of respect for your program and your university and are looking forward to meeting some of you in New Orleans.

Love the Burnt Orange jerseys, love the clean, classic helmets with one of the best logos in sports, and love Bevo on the sideline looking like a boss. I've never been to Austin, but I've been told its up there with Athens as one of the nation's best college towns.

I have a feeling we may see y'all soon in a game that holds national championship implications.

Go Dawgs and Hook'em! Hope y'all have your tickets, they are going fast! Our fans love the sUGAr Bowl ... :cool:

Thank you sir and good luck. You're a year or two ahead of us as far as rebuilding goes, but it still should be a good one. Could be a preview of the 2019 playoffs. Our fans travel well, so we'll be well represented in New Orleans.

Honestly, been waiting a long time to play Texas again.

Most of us have a lot of respect for your program and your university and are looking forward to meeting some of you in New Orleans.

Love the Burnt Orange jerseys, love the clean, classic helmets with one of the best logos in sports, and love Bevo on the sideline looking like a boss. I've never been to Austin, but I've been told its up there with Athens as one of the nation's best college towns.

I have a feeling we may see y'all soon in a game that holds national championship implications.

Go Dawgs and Hook'em! Hope y'all have your tickets, they are going fast! Our fans love the sUGAr Bowl ... :cool:

We’ve only met 4 times and the most recent was 1984 and I was 6. I can’t wait for this game. Good Luck and Hook’Em!

I believe this will be a physical game.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArchDawg
Thank you for the kind words, guys.

Have y'all been to New Orleans? Pretty fun town. Some advice would be to take it easy on NYE with the Hurricanes and Hand Grenades on Bourbon Street. Those things sneak up on you fast and cause some intense hangovers!

The 1996 Texas vs Virginia Tech Sugar Bowl would like to have a word with you....... as soon as we can find our pants.

Have y'all been to New Orleans? Pretty fun town. Some advice would be to take it easy on NYE with the Hurricanes and Hand Grenades on Bourbon Street. Those things sneak up on you fast and cause some intense hangovers!

The 1996 Texas vs Virginia Tech Sugar Bowl would like to have a word with you....... as soon as we can find our pants.

I remember that game. I was at a HS party drinking some awful concoction like a tequila and Mello Yello and wondering what the hell happened to Texas in between hitting on chicks and holding my buddies’ legs on keg stands.

I remember that game. I was at a HS party drinking some awful concoction like a tequila and Mello Yello and wondering what the hell happened to Texas in between hitting on chicks and holding my buddies’ legs on keg stands.

Clob was prolly playing in the game. I on the other hand was at the game. I got kicked out for throwing beer on those stupid hokies gobbling all the time. I almost got to view NO city jail.:eek:

That was a rough 3 days and a rougher 10 hours driving home. Loved the royal sonesta.

Last edited:

Clob was prolly playing in the game. I on the other hand was at the game. I got kicked out for throwing beer on those stupid hokies gobbling all the time. I almost got to view NO city jail.:eek:

That was a rough 3 days and a rougher 10 hours driving home. Loved the royal sonesta.

Valiant way to exit a bad game.

Long story short, I'm no longer allowed in Harrah's---------- any Harrah's for that matter---- ever again. They made that abundantly clear as they took my Polaroid and xerox copied my drivers license. But I didn't start that fight.... somebody else did. Now, the dude that got thrown over the craps table..... he was asking for it. But I reiterate, I didn't start that fight.

I'm also no longer allowed in any Larry Flint owned establishment. We got tossed out of Hustler's later that night. And this also was not my fault. Now I didn't object when she, with her own free will, decided it would be cool to whip it out....... tequila shots got to her.... and when the bouncer told me to put it back in.... even thought I didn't pull it out....... I could have given him a better response than: "But if I do, what's your mom gonna play with?". (I was 20 and strippers loved me and I thought I was a smart ass too)

But yeah....... Bourban Street......

Long story short, I'm no longer allowed in Harrah's---------- any Harrah's for that matter---- ever again. They made that abundantly clear as they took my Polaroid and xerox copied my drivers license. But I didn't start that fight.... somebody else did. Now, the dude that got thrown over the craps table..... he was asking for it. But I reiterate, I didn't start that fight.

I'm also no longer allowed in any Larry Flint owned establishment. We got tossed out of Hustler's later that night. And this also was not my fault. Now I didn't object when she, with her own free will, decided it would be cool to whip it out....... tequila shots got to her.... and when the bouncer told me to put it back in.... even thought I didn't pull it out....... I could have given him a better response than: "But if I do, what's your mom gonna play with?". (I was 20 and strippers loved me and I thought I was a smart ass too)

But yeah....... Bourban Street......
Booze & youth getcha Everytime. I'm not banned but will never step foot in a certain strip club in Vegas made famous by Motley Crue. Reason being, while we were tdy to Nellis for Red Flag we patronized said club and became extras on the old show Cops.
We just so happened to be there the same night they decided to raid the ladies locker room for drugs. At least 5+ were marched out in new wrist jewelry. We were all searched and released hoping that our faces didn't make the broadcast.

Booze & youth getcha Everytime. I'm not banned but will never step foot in a certain strip club in Vegas made famous by Motley Crue. Reason being, while we were tdy to Nellis for Red Flag we patronized said club and became extras on the old show Cops.
We just so happened to be there the same night they decided to raid the ladies locker room for drugs. At least 5+ were marched out in new wrist jewelry. We were all searched and released hoping that our faces didn't make the broadcast.
Wait......... two things--- if you're talking about the crazy horse, the one Motley Crue was referring to was in Paris. I've been there. And if you're telling me you were in Vegas in Feb of 2003--- ima sh!t myself because I was in Vegas in Feb of 2003 at a bachelor party from the 21st to the 24th. We heard on the news, the night after we went there, that the feds had raided the club......

2nd thing---- wtf were you doing at a red flag? Were you AFSOC back then? I'm assuming you weren't 24th yet, way back when--- so you were either a PJ or combat controller--- I thought these were all air to air combat and CAS training. Now that I say that-- if you were a CC, that would explain it. I feel dumb now.

Did they let you go out to that dry lake bed that nobody gets to talk about? Oh, wait, even if they did.........

Wait......... two things--- if you're talking about the crazy horse, the one Motley Crue was referring to was in Paris. I've been there. And if you're telling me you were in Vegas in Feb of 2003--- ima sh!t myself because I was in Vegas in Feb of 2003 at a bachelor party from the 21st to the 24th. We heard on the news, the night after we went there, that the feds had raided the club......

2nd thing---- wtf were you doing at a red flag? Were you AFSOC back then? I'm assuming you weren't 24th yet, way back when--- so you were either a PJ or combat controller--- I thought these were all air to air combat and CAS training. Now that I say that-- if you were a CC, that would explain it. I feel dumb now.

Did they let you go out to that dry lake bed that nobody gets to talk about? Oh, wait, even if they did.........
Oh hell, you're right. I had to google the lyrics and sure enough it even says Paris France. All these years I thought we followed the footsteps of drunk rockers..... Makes sense because it was an off the strip total dive.
Pretty sure it was '00 because 9/11 hadn't happened yet.
As for Red Flag, dude, errrrbody participates. From the kitchen to the mpf to young airman acting as a downed pilots, it's full scale war games with reps from many nations. Yes, CAS exercises kinda requires botg. Could use mannequins instead I suppose. AFSOC is the USAF side of JSOC.
Dry lake bed eh...., I assume you're talking about either the range or what they call "speedy" where pilots are unrestricted to break sound barrier. There's a ton of restricted areas in the desert.

Dreamland. The box. Red square. St nowhere. I've heard it called a number of things.

Oh hell, you're right. I had to google the lyrics and sure enough it even says Paris France. All these years I thought we followed the footsteps of drunk rockers..... Makes sense because it was an off the strip total dive.
Pretty sure it was '00 because 9/11 hadn't happened yet.
As for Red Flag, dude, errrrbody participates. From the kitchen to the mpf to young airman acting as a downed pilots, it's full scale war games with reps from many nations. Yes, CAS exercises kinda requires botg. Could use mannequins instead I suppose. AFSOC is the USAF side of JSOC.
Dry lake bed eh...., I assume you're talking about either the range or what they call "speedy" where pilots are unrestricted to break sound barrier. There's a ton of restricted areas in the desert.

Dreamland. The box. Red square. St nowhere. I've heard it called a number of things.
Hmm. I guess I didn't need to know about it or was after my time. Could possibly be the ammo farm too. Who knows.

Back to "work" for a bit.

You talking about Area 51? Groom Lake? The terminus of JANET Airlines?

Its the Head office for Air America!

6692js.jpg

Hook'em

Wanted to echo what ArchDawg said. I’m really looking forward to this game. I bleed red and black but have always rooted for Texas in the Big 12. Great fans and great traditions in Texas football. I can see this as a preview of many more big boy football matches in the future between our programs as both are trending up on so many levels. Plus I’m a fan of any team that hates OU! Good luck and Go Dawgs!

Wanted to echo what ArchDawg said. I’m really looking forward to this game. I bleed red and black but have always rooted for Texas in the Big 12. Great fans and great traditions in Texas football. I can see this as a preview of many more big boy football matches in the future between our programs as both are trending up on so many levels. Plus I’m a fan of any team that hates OU! Good luck and Go Dawgs!

Go Horns!

t9ys60.jpg

Hook'em

I am looking forward to seeing what happens in this game as well. I know this will be a big game for Texas because they are building momentum right now and this game would be big for them. Even if they play Georgia close I think it's big for them. Georgia is a great team, but I'm wondering if they are going to have a let down. That SEC championship game had to be a huge let down, and to not be picked for the playoffs stung a little as well knowing they probably are one of the top 4 teams. I would think though that playing Texas would motivate them though. I will be curious to see if Texas can stand up to the running game of Georgia. If they can do that I think it's going to be a tight ball game. If Georgia is able to run the football I think Georgia wins by a couple of scores. Will Texas be able to keep Georgia off of Sam? It will be a fun one. If Georgia doesn't come to play they will run into a hungry Texas team that will get them.

Interesting factoids for the stat geeks--

The last two games played by bama and Georgia had a combined 291 plays. Georgia lead for all but 9 plays of those games.

There were 120 minutes played in those two games. Georgia has lead for 118 minutes and 56 seconds.

So it appears to me that Georgia might be the better team.

Last edited:
I agree. I think Kirby is building something there in Georgia. They have all kinds of talent for sure. They just need to learn to finish. They are one of the few team that have the athletes to compete with Alabama. If both teams bring their A game Georgia should win by 10+. That is not a knock on Texas, but Texas is just a bit behind on where Georgia is. I think Deandre Baker can really put a stop to one side of the field for Georgia which would allow Georgia to double cover the other side of the field. This will for sure be the best receivers Georgia has seen this year and the height and length of those 2 Texas receivers will give anyone fits, but I do believe Bailey will be more than anything either one of those guys have seen as well.

Georgia will be all in to win the game. OU got the playoff bid by beating Texas. They will try to win big to prove their point. I think it will be a good game.

Georgia will be all in to win the game. OU got the playoff bid by beating Texas. They will try to win big to prove their point. I think it will be a good game.
Here's what sucks about this game.

If OU comes out on the 29th and actually does beat Bama, UGA is going to realize they are in for a serious fight. I don't want to play a wound up Georgia. I want to play a relaxed Georgia.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT