ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Bracket

westx

Dec 6, 2009
Our beloved Longhorns will be a no show, but, it won't keep me from enjoying "the madness". I am wondering anybody's thoughts on the teams below:
1) Who would you take between ptential UCLA/Kentucky?
2) Can W VA beat the Zags?
3) Who would you take, Nova or Duke?
4) I am having a hard time choosing Mich St vs Miami in Rd1.
5) Finally, @JayhawkinGeorgia: Is there internal strife within the Jayhawk ranks? I am trying to figure out how far to put the Jayhawks into the bracket but, I feel issues may affect them.

Our beloved Longhorns will be a no show, but, it won't keep me from enjoying "the madness". I am wondering anybody's thoughts on the teams below:
1) Who would you take between ptential UCLA/Kentucky?
2) Can W VA beat the Zags?
3) Who would you take, Nova or Duke?
4) I am having a hard time choosing Mich St vs Miami in Rd1.
5) Finally, @JayhawkinGeorgia: Is there internal strife within the Jayhawk ranks? I am trying to figure out how far to put the Jayhawks into the bracket but, I feel issues may affect them.

I haven't followed college bb this year what's going on at KS?
Do you think Baylor can make it to the Final Four?
Gonzaga has never made it to the Final Four why should this year be any different? Or are they finally good enough?
The Big XII needs some credibility I hope somebody gets to the FF and brings home the trophy.

I haven't followed college bb this year what's going on at KS?
Do you think Baylor can make it to the Final Four?
Gonzaga has never made it to the Final Four why should this year be any different? Or are they finally good enough?
The Big XII needs some credibility I hope somebody gets to the FF and brings home the trophy.
re: KS-
"Last week, Bragg, a sophomore, was charged with possession of drug paraphernalia. He also missed last Saturday’s game, a win at then-No. 4 Kentucky.

On Wednesday, prosecutors reportedly opted to put him on diversion over the misdemeanor charge. But the paraphernalia were only discovered as a result of a university police investigation into a reported rape of a 16-year-old girl in a dormitory a block away from the Phog that houses both basketball players and nonathlete students.

No charges have been filed in that case, but five players, including Vick, the star guard Frank Mason III and the freshman standout Josh Jackson, have been identified as “witnesses” by the authorities. Self has not commented except to acknowledge that the allegation itself was serious and to admit, before Saturday’s Kentucky game, that it was a “distraction.”"

re: Baylor: They would have to beat Duke and Nova potentially. They are probably good enough, but, they haven't performed well in the tourney.

I have watched every second of every Baylor and SMU game. Trust me - BU will get beaten in the 2nd round by the Ponies. SMU gets after it - there are no easy putbacks, offensive rebounds or fast breaks. On every loose ball you will see a Mustang diving. They play tough man to man. Barring a subpar shooting night or foul trouble, SMU will take this one. Baylor is capable of beating just about anyone. And losing to just about anyone. They peaked too early this year.

I am taking Oregon overall. Very athletic, spread the ball around, up tempo - fun to watch. I've got a 1 in 68 chance of getting this one right.

I guess thats what makes a horse race. I picked Oregon to go out in the second or 3rd round. I need to add this qualifier.

....I neither watch nor keep up with College basketball other than seeing the scores here and there. My pick was either Butler of Gonzaga.

Didn't Oregon have a starter go down with injury in Pac tourney?

My bracket is doing pretty well so far. Vandy was supposed to win, and almost did. Picked Middle Tennessee to beat Minnesota, so feel pretty good about that one. No one else at work did.

I am doing well so far. I am a little iffy on my pick for Rhode Island to win, but we shall see.

Yeah, these brackets either crush us from the start, or they tease us into thinking we'll do well, and eventually crush our egos.

In other words, we'll see how my bracket turns out, but so far, so good.

Reactions: westx
I have Gonzaga over Butler....so far 11/12 with dogass Minnesota being my loss....That means tomorrow will kick my ass I am sure.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
Yeah, these brackets either crush us from the start, or they tease us into thinking we'll do well, and eventually crush our egos.

In other words, we'll see how my bracket turns out, but so far, so good.
Miami over Mich St was another pick that I struggled with. We shall see on that pick as well.

I started off great going 7/8 but then I got crushed and finished 9/16. BUT all my sweet 16 is still intact through one day. Let's see how day two goes!

surprisingly, I sit at 16/17 with Oregon and Baylor ahead....I guess what this means is Gonzaga and Butler are about to lose and there I will go. Anyway....if they called it now I would only be one game behind the national leader

Well Princeton lost so there goes my F4 bracket.

I saw where KSU lost and OSU lost in what appeared to be an exciting game against MI. But everyone else in the Big XII won and will move on the second round. That would be KS, Baylor, ISU, and WV.

I picked SMU, but, they played a good game. I don't regret that one. However, I was very hesitant to pick against Sparty and Izzo. I bought into some of the Big 10 being down and Miami hype. Sparty is handing Miami a 20 point spanking with 3 minutes left in the game.

I picked SMU and Creighton to the top 16 and 8, so they hurt me....otherwise I am surprising myself

1000 hrs?...I never watched a game....I am sitting on 27/32.....not the best, but better than some. I was smart enough to not let a little knowlege about the game interfere with my selections...

Reactions: diadevic
update

WV has beaten the University Without Sin and will move on to the Sweet Sixteen in the west regional. ISU plays Purdue tonight and the the other 2 Big XII teams play tomorrow.

too bad for you oldmanastro....you should have picked better.....I only had Villinova to the top 4

today is turning out to be much more indicative of my true skill level as a BB guesser....siggghhhhh....

Reactions: Oldmanastro
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT