ADVERTISEMENT

March Madness Bracket

Well from what I've seen of Gonzaga these last two games I don't think they'll get to the F4. Either WV or AZ will beat them next weekend.

I don't know much about Baylor. It will be interesting to see if Villanova's losing will improve their F4 chances.

Man Xavier is putting a thumping on FSU but its not over.

Well as we reach the Sweet Sixteen it comes as no surprise to me that the Big XII's three best teams have advanced this far.

Baylor just might get to take the road less traveled and make it to the F4. I mean the number one and number two seeds have been eliminated. So who knows.

I think WV has a real chance of getting to the F4. To be honest I have only now started following college hoops but Gonzaga has not impressed me. I give the Mounties a real chance at beating them.

KS has looked great so far.

Go Big XII

Reactions: diadevic
It's a new world order in college athletics. I mean think about it for a minute. The ACC which has always been thought of as a basketball conference is now number one in college fb. But their basketball teams sucked this year. They obviously had a stacked deck in their favor on selection Sunday, they had nine teams in the tournament. Now only one is left. I can't believe this. The ACC is great in fb but lousy in bb?

Like I said it's a new world order.

Well as we reach the Sweet Sixteen it comes as no surprise to me that the Big XII's three best teams have advanced this far.

Baylor just might get to take the road less traveled and make it to the F4. I mean the number one and number two seeds have been eliminated. So who knows.

I think WV has a real chance of getting to the F4. To be honest I have only now started following college hoops but Gonzaga has not impressed me. I give the Mounties a real chance at beating them.

KS has looked great so far.

Go Big XII
Brad Underwood bolts from OSU? After only 1 year? WTH? I bet the OSU AD position will be open soon. Check out this link - "Holder [the AD] told Underwood he was asking for Final Four type money, and that the Cowboys were on a level of Iowa State, Texas Tech and Kansas State in the Big XII". That won't sit well with the alums.

http://newsok.com/article/5542289

Well after a pretty mild Round of 64 it was a crazy Round of 32. Nova, UL, Duke... MADNESS

Reactions: westx
Madness?...Whatever do you mean?....You didnt expect 3 times as many Big 12 teams in the sweet 16 as the mighty ACC?

Our beloved Longhorns will be a no show, but, it won't keep me from enjoying "the madness". I am wondering anybody's thoughts on the teams below:
1) Who would you take between ptential UCLA/Kentucky?
2) Can W VA beat the Zags?
3) Who would you take, Nova or Duke?
4) I am having a hard time choosing Mich St vs Miami in Rd1.
5) Finally, @JayhawkinGeorgia: Is there internal strife within the Jayhawk ranks? I am trying to figure out how far to put the Jayhawks into the bracket but, I feel issues may affect them.
Sorry westx, I only just saw this post.

The KU team is definitely distracted by events, but I don't think it's serious. The rape is the most serious issue and AFAIK, no current member of the team is implicated. We had a guy leave the team unexpectedly in December before the rape allegation came to light. There is speculation that he may have committed the rape if indeed it was a team member. Note also that being a witness does not necessarily mean that the witness observed a rape. The team members named as witnesses might have seen nothing more than the girl in the building or something along those lines. We don't really know anything regarding this issue, so it's hard to say. Bear in mind also that the dorm is not for basketball players only. It may have been just someone else living in the dorm.

Almost everything else surrounding the team is just smoke with no fire. The girl at the center of the matters is a head case and her father is the prime instigator. I feel confident that nothing of significance will result from her claims.

However, the issues surrounding the team have helped to motivate them to push hard to win. They have an "us against the world" attitude right now and it seems to be working.

I know this post is much too late to help you with brackets, but if Kansas loses now, it shouldn't be due to any internal strife among the team.

The KU team is definitely distracted by events, but I don't think it's serious. The rape is the most serious issue and AFAIK, no current member of the team is implicated. We had a guy leave the team unexpectedly in December before the rape allegation came to light. There is speculation that he may have committed the rape if indeed it was a team member. Note also that being a witness does not necessarily mean that the witness observed a rape. The team members named as witnesses might have seen nothing more than the girl in the building or something along those lines. We don't really know anything regarding this issue, so it's hard to say. Bear in mind also that the dorm is not for basketball players only. It may have been just someone else living in the dorm.

Almost everything else surrounding the team is just smoke with no fire. The girl at the center of the matters is a head case and her father is the prime instigator. I feel confident that nothing of significance will result from her claims.

This all sounds soooooo familiar!!!!

However, the issues surrounding the team have helped to motivate them to push hard to win. They have an "us against the world" attitude right now and it seems to be working.

I know this post is much too late to help you with brackets, but if Kansas loses now, it shouldn't be due to any internal strife among the team.
I went ahead and picked Kansas to win it all. Very good athletic team all the way around, but, my deciding factor was a very strong and experienced point guard.

If you're making an allusion to the situation at Baylor, there is absolutely no comparison to that and the situation at Kansas.
Don't take it personally - I am rooting for Kansas. Self is right up there with Coach K as far as the best in the business.

And Arizona goes down to the 11th seed Zavier/Exavier. The Zags have every right to "I told you so". Many criticized their soft schedule a didn't believe (neither did I). Kansas looked great.

On to tomorrow. Should be fun. UCLA vs UK. I am not sure what to think about Baylor/S Car-Pulling for Baylor

I went ahead and picked Kansas to win it all. Very good athletic team all the way around, but, my deciding factor was a very strong and experienced point guard.
If its possible, Frank Mason seems to get better every game. Its like the defense is full of bowling pins, and he is able to maneuver in and out at will. When the other guard is hitting, which he was last night, they look unbeatable.

Best of luck tonight for the Lady Longhorns. I don't know much about their team or the team they're playing tonight Stanford. Here's to hoping that they go to the bluegrass country this weekend and come back with a birth in the F4.

This is the first time I see Oregon play. They play fast but with control. We will see if Kansas wears them down in the second half. Oregon is playing without one of their starters, so what they are doing is pretty impressive.

Man, Oregon is just flat out impressive. Still pulling for the Jayhawks, but things don't look very good for them.

Reactions: diadevic
Welp, Los Patos did it. Well deserved. Man, Kansas was weak on the boards tonight. I couldn't tell if Oregon was the cause of it or if Kansas was just not fighting hard enough.

They did say Oregon should of been a number 1 seed going in. And Oregon just got passed Michigan on a late dumb 3 pointer that wasn't needed by Michigan and then the quack quacks demolish Kansas. Gotta love march madness!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT