Michigan game film- the morning after

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
We got work to do.

Michigan was VERY poorly schemed on defense. Old fat dude for Michigan--with the dip in his mouth, (literally) could not have called a worse game.
At one point I read his lips as he said "fvck a duck" when one of his defensive play calls went wrong.
But let's recap--

Offense- but for about 6 mental errors- the O was definitely solid. Take away those 6 mental errors and we score 3 more TDs on Michigan. We hang 50 on their ass.
Cam Williams- you're a paid asset now so I have no problem saying what I'm about to say- you played like a fvcking mental midget. If I didn't know better, I'd say you were dumber than mayonnaise.
Two things went wrong with you yesterday- 1. You were too busy worrying about assignment to remember snap counts.
2. You didn't move your feet.
That holding call WAS holding. Know why? Your hands WERE in the cylinder-- but the DE got outside of your body width and the ref saw it. Move your damn feet and keep the DE engaged infront of you and that penalty doesn't get called. Pretty simple, bruh.

Running backs-- if Quinn calls 34- don't run 35. You damn near got him killed. (Michigan should have been flagged for that late hit when Quinn took a knee).
Also-- RBs.... I know it's fun and sh!t-- running the ball, catching the ball, making people miss-- but guess what- sometimes the defense does this thing called a "blitz" and it MIGHT be a good idea if you at least pit your body between the QB amd that dude running in to hit your QB...... just a suggestion....

A side note about QE. Do not expect him to sell out on a scramble. It's obvious someone (agent, coach, mommy, girlfriend) has told him that he can't get hurt because he's a top 5 pick. He could have turned upfield on 2 scrambles yesterday and probably scored on 1 of them, only to throw it away. He's playing VERY cautiously.

Sark- bubble screens don't work very often. Just ask Greg Davis. You're going to get somebody killed and/or give up a pick 6 if you keep it up.

TE-- I'll say it again-- you're the Sara Jay of tight ends. You ain't pretty. You ain't flashy. You ain't stylish-- but you get the job done. Well played. Get a little better on your blocking footwork and you'll be an all around guy.

Defense. Michigan wasn't very good on offense-- so slow your roll. Ya-- they got some talent. They got a little speed. They have a manageable offensive line. But this Michigan team lost 15 starters. This isn't last years team. Makabumga (or whatever your name is) you play the rest of the season like that and you're a 1st round pick. Hellacious game, kid.
DLine- run blitzes weren't really needed because you did a pretty damn good job of clogging the lanes. Linebackers were cleaning up well. But again- Michigan isn't loaded with weapons the way Georgia will be.
Secondary-- you gotta communicate. Don't let the motion on offense freak you out. They're doing that to try and figure out what coverage you're in. If you audible out, make sure the LBs can hear you. We had a couple of open areas because guys weren't rolling up their coverage responsibilities properly.
Flat to curl was WIDE OPEN a few times. That's usually a LB responsibility..... but it just depends. And if I see another backside slant catch the ball on the playside- I'm going to lose my sh!t.
We can't let a wr lined up on the backside, run ALL the way across the field and catch the ball playside. That means we are getting zero pressure on the QB. Make him get rid of that ball faster.

Kicker-- you miss another field goal and I'm calling INS and having you deported back to Australia or South Africa or whatever colonizer country you came from.

Look- going into a blue blood's house and beating them is ALWAYS a good thing.
When they're the defending national champs-- it's even sweeter.
When you piss pound them by 3 scores, that's just pure rapture.
But make no mistake- you didn't play your best game. Not even close. And it's going to take playing your best game, week in and week out, to make it through this season unscathed.

I didn’t catch the running backs not blocking well. I usually do. Could have been due to my wife coming in and telling me something or another every 5 minutes. The only thing I noticed is what I didn’t notice. And that was the sound of silence when it came to Alfred Collins, Vernon Broughton or even Bill.

I didn’t catch the running backs not blocking well. I usually do. Could have been due to my wife coming in and telling me something or another every 5 minutes. The only thing I noticed is what I didn’t notice. And that was the sound of silence when it came to Alfred Collins, Vernon Broughton or even Bill.
Had a safety blitz off the edge that was almost catastrophic.

Quinn also had a couple of passes out in the flat that were inches away from being 6 the other way.

We did alot of good things but we did make some mistakes that better teams would make us pay for.

Auburn is usually clutch and did break records last year...ill give him a pass on his missed fg as long as its not a new habit...

QE is definitly playing cautiously for many reasons...1 NFL future , 2 he WILL put the rock on the ground if hit to hard and 3 he has this guy named Arch in the back of his mind, knowing if he gets injured he may never win the spot back...

MVP of the game for me is easy GUNNER FVCKIN HELM aka as Clob said Sara Jay of TE'S. Play like that all year and you will be a easy 4th or 5th round pick and will make a roster in the league.

I’d like to add, Jerrick Gibson looked like “that dude” when he was on the field. He showed more burst than I saw in the spring game and gets north and south very quick. He’s gonna be a stud

Auburn is usually clutch and did break records last year...ill give him a pass on his missed fg as long as its not a new habit...

QE is definitly playing cautiously for many reasons...1 NFL future , 2 he WILL put the rock on the ground if hit to hard and 3 he has this guy named Arch in the back of his mind, knowing if he gets injured he may never win the spot back...

MVP of the game for me is easy GUNNER FVCKIN HELM aka as Clob said Sara Jay of TE'S. Play like that all year and you will be a easy 4th or 5th round pick and will make a roster in the league.
Last year we had 4 man rotation at receiver. Right now it's Bond and Golden. However Gunnar is now in the rotation.