ADVERTISEMENT

MM

OK...since you are not paying attention to what I am writing I will try it another way....

Whatever the attendance was in Dallas was totally irrelevant. Because I lived in Houston which was an NFL city.....if the local team had a ho e game and that game was not a sellout NO NFL games could be shown. Not the Giants,Rams....NONE.Had I lived in Odessa or Brownsville I could have watched a!! The games as they were broadcast.
I'm not exactly sure that was the case. I seem to remember getting pissed off when I turned into watch the Oilers, but it ended up being some other team I didn't care about, all because of "oilers" blackout. I don't think the NFL would have allowed "nothing" to be shown.

I can't speak for anyone else but to me the Cowboys were just like the Yankees, Lakers & ..*GASP....Longhorns. You are either a diehard fan or hate them with a passion. All the money, media, all-star laden roster & pundit hype because they were who they were.
Jealous of the attention?....not really. Jealous of the success at the time?.....absolutely. As for the continued disliking, that's because of the fanbase similarity to aggy syndrome. "We're the best and gonna win it all" every single preseason even when EVERYBODY else knows you're going to be mediocre at best.
With all that being said, you've got one helluva team with young studs in skill positions that should keep you as a legitimate contender for years to come. If Texans could ever get a good qb to go with what they already have, they'll be a handful as well.

'Horns Stroz Texans Spurs & Blanco Panthers for me
I will say that I really liked that Oiler team that inexplicably lost to the Bills in that AFC Championship game in the early 90's. That team had a lot of talent. Moon,Ernest Givens, Jeffries, Dishman. Rodney Thomas maybe?

You asked why Texan fans hate the cowboys & that's my personal opinion. That and employing Barry Switzer.....unforgivable. haha!

I agree with the switzer hire (F'ing jones isn't a real Texan). As a Cowboys fan, I feel most opposing fans attempt to bait me with some sort of jab at the Cowboys. I would say that provocation is more times the case than the Cowboys boasting. But, there are obnoxious and delusional fans on both sides. I never fall for the bait because I get nothing out of arguing about nothing.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I agree with the switzer hire (F'ing jones isn't a real Texan). As a Cowboys fan, I feel most opposing fans attempt to bait me with some sort of jab at the Cowboys. I would say that provocation is more times the case than the Cowboys boasting. But, there are obnoxious and delusional fans on both sides. I never fall for the bait because I get nothing out of arguing about nothing.
Oh yeah, EVERY fanbase has.....those people. I dont care what anybody thinks or says about me but for some reason I get more embarrassed & pissed off at fans of my team acting a fool. Feeling guilty by association i guess.

Reactions: westx
GF, no, the Cowboys fan base is not like aggy. The Cowboys, like the Longhorns, have skins on the wall. The Texans and aggy do not. The Texans and their fans = NFL aggy, which is a perfect name for them, and is what I've called them for years. They have a huge inferiority complex and obsess over the Cowboys just like aggy does over Texas. Neither have won a damn thing of significance in their existence, yet with the amount of trash they talk, you would think they were some kind of blueblood. :rolleyes:

Hey MM, I'd like to apologize for using aggy in my description of a fanbase which also includes fellow Longhorn Fans. That's an insult reserved soely for the Brazos river fruitcakes and drastically crossed line.
Make fun of a man, his wife, his momma but NEVER call him the "A" word.

p.s. I still love you like a brother.....even if I hate you once a year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT