ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Bamba entering draft

Iitbhorn3

Dec 22, 2010
Glad he can make some money now to improve his game.
Too bad he did not have much of an impact (if any) on our season.

Reactions: Pumpedup55
Yeah you would hope that a future lottery pick would have a little more impact.

I don't know if you guys just didn't watch any games or don't know much about basketball, but he made a huge impact on every game he played. Was an absolute force on the defensive end and an above average rebounder. He averaged a double double for the season and was the 2nd in the country in blocks per game. Don't know what else you were expecting from him.

Last edited:
This is my shocked face.......
This is my "you need more time to mature in college" face....
This is my shocked face again.....

Reactions: freeper
I don't know if you guys just didn't watch any games or don't know much about basketball, but he made a huge impact on every game he played. Was an absolute force on the defensive end and an above average rebounder. He averaged a double double for the season and was the 2nd in the country in blocks per game. Don't know what else you were expecting from him.
I agree with everything you say, but at this point he is soooo skinny and has limited offensive skills. I would have loved to see what would happen if they planted him in the low post and fed him consistently instead of constantly sending him to the top of the key for pick and rolls - maybe by the end of the year he could've been an offensive force as well. The game has changed with the one and dones, so we will never know. Good luck. And still one of the coolest names out there.

It the way it is,Money talks,schools are used as just a stepping stone for the top tier players in basketball.I would like at least a two year stay for players in college but doubt that will happen.

Reactions: cwillfromdatx
It the way it is,Money talks,schools are used as just a stepping stone for the top tier players in basketball.I would like at least a two year stay for players in college but doubt that will happen.

While it's true that athletes use college as a stepping stone, the reality is that pro leagues are beginning to lose money hand over fist. This will be especially true when leagues lose tv money from sources like espn etc.... And with the a la cart tv options becoming more available, there will be less and less money to go around. It's prolly the same in college athletics but it will be those institutions with the greatest loyalty from the relative fan bases that keep colleges afloat while many of the pro teams may go under -- in the future of course. Playing pro ball may not be what it once was.

Example: Free agency in MLB this year has taken a substantial hit and many supposed stars are "holding out" which will end badly for them.

Last edited:
did y'all bother to watch any games? he can contribute to an NBA team just on the defensive end RIGHT NOW while he works on the offensive end. how thick do you have to be in the NBA to play center anymore??? nobody backs down posts AND he can play off guys a little more because he has a 7 freaking 9 wingspan! i do not know if he's going to be a franchise guy, but that dude is dang sure ready to play in the NBA

and as for the impact he had on the team... THEY DIDN'T WIN 9 GAMES AGAIN, MOSTLY BECAUSE OF HIM!!!

Reactions: ASURAM2010
did y'all bother to watch any games? he can contribute to an NBA team just on the defensive end RIGHT NOW while he works on the offensive end. how thick do you have to be in the NBA to play center anymore??? nobody backs down posts AND he can play off guys a little more because he has a 7 freaking 9 wingspan! i do not know if he's going to be a franchise guy, but that dude is dang sure ready to play in the NBA

and as for the impact he had on the team... THEY DIDN'T WIN 9 GAMES AGAIN, MOSTLY BECAUSE OF HIM!!!
Again, I don't disagree with anything you say, but if you are spending a top 4 pick on the guy, you need a bona fide all star (at least within 3 years), or else you are in Sacramento land for a decade.

after that performance against nevada, i would hope not.

maybe they recruited past him. maybe he got tired of standing ankle deep in poo water because the toilet got clogged again.

Reactions: EWNHorn
50/50 he becomes a good player in the NBA. Lots of potential but skinny as a 14 yr olds boner.
Soooooooooo..............

Do we need to get you registered?

How many uh......... 14 year olds boners have you seen, my man.

Should we arrange for you to meet with someone and talk about it?

The question is:

What is the long term impact of a one and done player taking PT from other players who will stay at least three years...

Jacob Young is transferring out as well
This is a head scratcher. I wonder if he wants easier classes (I hear he is going juco), does he not like Shaka ball, or what. He got a lot of playing time. Shaka gave him a lot of undeserved playing time over Yancy his freshman year. He was really developing into a decent player. Frustrating. A little like Hemphill Mapps. Coaches gave them a lot of valuable playing time and gained experience over other decent players who were just as good.

One and done big men just aren’t worth it. Guys like Bamba and Allen are going to play their best basketball in the nba they just develop later than guys like Trey Young and other star one and done types.

It's not a development issue it's a rules issue. Image if there was a defensive 3 seconds. No clogging up the middle.

It's not a development issue it's a rules issue. Image if there was a defensive 3 seconds. No clogging up the middle.
That’s part of it but it’s also a development issue. Go back and watch allan’s games at Texas. Watch how many times he gets the ball knocked out of his hands and such. Just takes them a lot longer to adjust because they rarely go against other big men in high school, and they don’t have to develop an offensive game. Most of their game in high school are dunks, and lobs. They don’t have to develop much else.

Soooooooooo..............

Do we need to get you registered?

How many uh......... 14 year olds boners have you seen, my man.

Should we arrange for you to meet with someone and talk about it?

LOL,

I prefer 38DD's my man, so no worries . . . but Mo is skinny. Not sure if his body will allow him to dominate in the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT