ADVERTISEMENT

Moving on to USC

Run, run , run and run some more. Option read, wild cat and even some wr end-arounds. Every now and then Play action deep. Keep USC qb on the bench and run the ball and we have a chance i think.

Run the ball. USC has had trouble with the run and we run the football really well. Mix Heard in see if he can make some plays. Maybe a trick play or two with him.

Darnold as good as he is he will turn the ball over. Defense has to take advantage of that and get a pick 6 or creste a short field for the offense.

Herman didn't exactly commit to Shane as his starter. Even if healthy.

I wonder if the players know what kind of magnitude this game is this week
I don't really think this game has much of a magnitude for them other than the opoertunity to get a signigture win for them and the staff. The history of Texas USC. That means more to fans and former players and fans than the players.

Pound the rock, rinse and repeat... They haven't been able to stop the run.

They're 117th in the Nation YPC at 5.9 ypc.

Reactions: DrinkToIt
Pound the rock, rinse and repeat... They haven't been able to stop the run.

They're 117th in the Nation YPC at 5.9 ypc.
What this means to me is you start Sam and you just pounded like everyone seems to be saying. If we win time of possession I think we have a great chance to win the game. Also no turnovers so that means limited passing. But that isn't exactly revelatory.

The OL/DL have to have a WTF did that come from performance. Much like the 2015 OU game. Otherwise it's a blowout. Darnold will easily pick this secondary apart if he isn't under constant pressure, and our offense wont be able to match even if they do move the ball fairly well.

Reactions: q1w2e3
Good thing our reciever corps is stacked.

We have some great WR but I'm still not certain on Shane or Sam making accurate throws also Sam being on the same page. But hopefully they're on point this Saturday which hopefully opens up the running game.

Our WRs corps are okay, not stacked. Outside of Collin Johnson who is still all potential right now, the group is nothing special.

Run. When they put 8 in the box, throw it.

The less Sam Donald is on the field, the better.

We can't win this game without a really big time of possession advantage.

Zero turnovers.

Run play clock down to 5 seconds or less every play, Stack line and force them to throw and make them drive the field keeping receivers in front of them. Penalties to a minimum and as Clob said win turnover battle . Let them throw Like Texas Tech used to but gotta stop the run period. We will need pretty much a perfect game and get a gift or two from them.

Our WRs corps are okay, not stacked. Outside of Collin Johnson who is still all potential right now, the group is nothing special.

Tom seems to think its pretty stacked but I grant you its more on talent and not Jr and Sr level production. Still Ill take this crop over what we've had the last 5 years.

Tom seems to think its pretty stacked but I grant you its more on talent and not Jr and Sr level production. Still Ill take this crop over what we've had the last 5 years.

It's definitely stacked relative to what Texas has had since 2009. If you want to look at it that way.

It's definitely stacked relative to what Texas has had since 2009. If you want to look at it that way.
I believe it is pretty stacked. If Texas had a D Watson or even Mayfield at QB they would look AWESOME...

Taking a fabulous, phlebotomy free number 2 today while reviewing USC. Keep it under 10 and we've made hay.

I believe it is pretty stacked. If Texas had a D Watson or even Mayfield at QB they would look AWESOME...

Well yeah. If we had the best QB in the nation our receivers would look better no doubt. But CJ is the only guy playing right now that has a chance to be drafted, imo. It isn't like we've got several future NFL players on the field though.

My top three priorities for what Texas must do to beat SC

Number 1 score
Number 2 more
Number 3 points

Well yeah. If we had the best QB in the nation our receivers would look better no doubt. But CJ is the only guy playing right now that has a chance to be drafted, imo. It isn't like we've got several future NFL players on the field though.
I meant a QB that could get the ball to them. It does not matter how great the QB is if the WR can't get open or can't catch a tough pass. We just disagree. I think the Texas WR's are deep and talented.

Posting the stat comparison but what do you think will be the game plan that TH draws up.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400934511
The comment by "Sam Burke" on that ESPN page is too funny:
Sam Burke ·
Project Coordinator at Texas Association of Counties
I'm pretty sure that if Sam E. starts, passes for 500yards and they put in the new RB and he runs for 500yards and the defense holds USC to 5 yards then the game will be easily won by Texas. It can happen, I once saw a Chihuahua mate with a Great Dane.....Thats something thats hard to unsee. I'm just saying anything can happen folks. HOOKEM

You can tell that USC coach Clay Helton has a lot of respect for Texas coach Tom Herman. "Personally, I think this team is going to be under coach Herman a sleeping giant. They're going to be one of those teams that you're going to look up and it's going to get better and better and better each and every week."

I once bred a Miniature Zebu to a longhorn to get a Zehorn...Anything can happen when alcohol is involved. This game isn't one of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT