ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Kick Off's

Texasrick

Feb 3, 2016
Tonight will be the 1st time we see the new Kick Off. I know they are pushing for teams to have more returns. Just curious of how teams will handle the trick play side of it. Knuckle balls, bouncing balls, or what ever creative ways to get a turn over. With the players being so close to the return man, one bobble and it could be a game changer. They will need to be creative especially late in games where the onside kick was in play.

Sup Rick......

Ain't seen you round these parts......

You a blue, a green or a tango?

I usually just sit back and read on here. Great Entertainment! I agree, I want to go back to the old days of flying down the field and seeing heads knock. Do understand the injuries they are trying to protect.

I usually just sit back and read on here. Great Entertainment! I agree, I want to go back to the old days of flying down the field and seeing heads knock. Do understand the injuries they are trying to protect.
Opinions are welcome Rick. And yes, we've Nerf'd the sh!t out of football. We've complete removed the intimidation factor.
Remember back in the 80s there were only a handful of WRs that had a reputation for "going over the middle"?

Dudes made their bones that way. Michael Irving would go over the middle. Jerry Rice would go over the middle.
The dude that didn't like it, they get alligator arms when running a slant over the middle into a zone defense. They'd hear footsteps. Hell-- intimidation (at one point) probably led to more dropped balls on 3rd down than good coverage or bad throws.
And it's all but gone now.

Why?

The NFL got the sh!t sued our of it and then lied about it.

And how do we do an onside kick?

Onside kicks are only allowed in the 4th quarter, I plagiarized this from their rulebook. How do you like this BS?

Onside kick: 4th quarter begins, the team trailing has the opportunity to declare an onside kick to the officials. Current onside kickoff rules would apply. If onside kick goes beyond the setup zone untouched, kicking team penalized for UNS; return team would start the drive at the A20 yard line.

Is the KO rule coming soon to HS and college ball? If so, I'm gonna miss all the different return schemes (Starburst in HS) and onsides kicks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT