ADVERTISEMENT

NHL PLAYOFFS

hookem777

Dec 13, 2011
IDK what it is but my Stars play like fking pansies against the Vegas Knights...lord jesus save us

Never watched a full hockey match from start to finish.

I honestly don’t get why more Americans don’t like hockey. It’s fast paced. The scoring is on par with football. There’s hitting, fighting and scrums. Very little down time. Oh wait, that’s probably it. We can’t focus that long 😂. We need those 30 second breaks in between the 6 seconds of play.

I honestly think Americans are conditioned to like football because we invented it (kind of) and we’re addicted to fantasy. Or, in regards to college we just have an affinity to the pageantry of community competition.

I honestly don’t get why more Americans don’t like hockey. It’s fast paced. The scoring is on par with football. There’s hitting, fighting and scrums. Very little down time. Oh wait, that’s probably it. We can’t focus that long 😂. We need those 30 second breaks in between the 6 seconds of play.

I honestly think Americans are conditioned to like football because we invented it (kind of) and we’re addicted to fantasy. Or, in regards to college we just have an affinity to the pageantry of community competition.
I'm starting to really not love football the way I used to love it.

They are taking away the thing that makes football so great (violent collision) in the name of "safety".

Look, football comes with the same understood acknowledgement that combat comes with-- "if you step in this arena, you could get fvcked up, or even die."
That's it. You signed up for this. Don't want a bullet in your ass? Join the navy. Don't want your spine fractured? Go play soccer.

I'm starting to really not love football the way I used to love it.

They are taking away the thing that makes football so great (violent collision) in the name of "safety".

Look, football comes with the same understood acknowledgement that combat comes with-- "if you step in this arena, you could get fvcked up, or even die."
That's it. You signed up for this. Don't want a bullet in your ass? Join the navy. Don't want your spine fractured? Go play soccer.

Pickle ball, not soccer lol.

I barely watch the NFL. I keep tabs because I play fantasy but it’s more data analysis.

College football for the pageantry. Bands, crowds, etc.

You’re right, the play is much different and not necessarily a good thing.

Rooting for the Stars now that my Lightning are eliminated. Not sure if Oettinger can carry them through to the Cup, and they aren't built to consistently outscore their opponents. That said, they're up 3-2 against Vegas, which I didn't expect. I felt like Vegas was a bad matchup for them. And Colorado is a very similar team to Vegas in that they can match Dallas' size while still bringing a high skating level. But if they can get past them, then the WCF could be very interesting. Dallas' size against either the Oilers or Cannucks, both of whom are more rush teams. I expect the Stars/Avs winner wins the West. In the East, I think its Florida or Carolina that comes out. Boston's goalie rotation will trip them up in the next round, and I think the Rangers will realize that basically getting a first round bye against Washington leaves them ill-prepared for the "hurricane" intensity (pun intended) that is coming which will cost them game 1, and leave them chasing Carolina the rest of the series.

Reactions: OzarkHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT