ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame at TEXAS * Game Thread *

Look at it this way.

If this team duplicated last year minus the ST blunders against CAL and Okstste they'd finish 7-5.

Since they already beat ND which ovbiously didn't happen last year and with a better offense to me 8 wins is the floor for this team. Also not sure the conference is as strong.

(1) Play a very good offensive team with 8 upperclassmen among its 11 offensive starters with your defense having 8 true sophomores among its 11 starters, and then (2) give your opponent the ball six yards from the endzone at some point and (3) go to two overtimes. The latter two actions will tend to inflate scoring a bit. (So will letting your opponent score two of their points on ST.)

Very good point. If you want to talk about points given up in regulation (which was 38 last year against ND) then we should bump the 47 down to 37 given the 10 OT points ND scored. Then, if you want to talk about points the defense gave up you have to take away the 2 points on the blocked Extra pt and even the 7 scored after the interception and the ball being placed at the 6. That's 28 points ceded by the defense against a very good and experienced offense. To be fair, ND was given a FG last year after a turnover so we can adjust last years score to 35. That's a 7 point improvement.

How do you give up 47 points in Austin?
Few missed assignments here and there, overall it wasn't that ugly and you can kill the OT points of which they gave up 10. I had the game picked at 35-24 Irish and fully expected them to score points, offense is not their problem and Kizer can thread the needle. That defense we saw Sunday evening from Texas is significantly better than 2015 and will only get better as they shore up on mistakes.

Texas lost the TOP margin, turnover margin and had 104 yards in penalties, yet they really should have won in regulation had it not been for a deflected Extra Point. Or dropped balls that hit Burt in his hands.

The points ND scored aren't an issue.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
Few missed assignments here and there, overall it wasn't that ugly and you can kill the OT points of which they gave up 10. I had the game picked at 35-24 Irish and fully expected them to score points, offense is not their problem and Kizer can thread the needle. That defense we saw Sunday evening from Texas is significantly better than 2015 and will only get better as they shore up on mistakes.

Texas lost the TOP margin, turnover margin and had 104 yards in penalties, yet they really should have won in regulation had it not been for a deflected Extra Point. Or dropped balls that hit Burt in his hands.

I think they win in regulation with a field goal at the end to put it away but that penalty for chop blocking killed any momentum. Shit happens though.

I get that some aren't happy with 5-7 neither am I. We could of brought in Saban. And the results would of been Simliar give or take a win or two. We just didn't have the talent especially at the QB spot to win at s high level. That appears to be changing.

As far as him dismissing most of the upperclassmen. I don't put that on Strong. That's on those kids. Strong set forth some rules the program was going to go by and those guys broke those rules. Strong had to punish them if he wanted his rules to have any credibility with the younger guys. Let's be honest to at that point the program needed a little discipline.

I think the problem some are having with the past two seasons is they don't want to beleive that Mack and the Admin let the program sink to the level it was at. Sadly they did. The tide is turning. And if you look at the amount of Charlie Strong Louisville guys that have been drafted the last couple years very little doubt he will put us where we need to go.

We don't have a clue of what results Saban would have had at Texas, so lets not even make that argument either way. What we do know is Saban could retire toady and go down as a top 3 greatest coach ever. IMO it's probably safer to not consider him a peer to any coach other than those in the greatest of all time category.

Reactions: TexExSpur

Agree. The D got stops in there they weren't a total sieve. The O shutting down most of the 3rd really put them in a bad spot. I believe we had 3 straight 3 and outs? They weren't outstanding or anything, just not as bad as a 47 points makes it seem

Consider it done.

Strong at Louisville:
2010: 7-6
2011: 7-6
2012: 11-2 Big East and Sugar Bowl champions
2013: 12-1 Russell Athletic Bowl champions

You will be convinced by late November 2017. Stand up, cheer and enjoy a lot of winning Texas football!

You're trying to convince someone that doesn't want to hear that. No use!

You're trying to convince someone that doesn't want to hear that. No use!

I get it - he wants excellence, and he hasn't seen it yet. I'm okay with that. For those who want to believe, it's coming. For those who don't, it's coming anyway. Get ready to be in Horn Heaven!

I get it - he wants excellence, and he hasn't seen it yet. I'm okay with that. For those who want to believe, it's coming. For those who don't, it's coming anyway. Get ready to be in Horn Heaven!

I have expectations just like everyone but mine are realistic. Some are stuck in the past but I'm definitely ready for the future. I'm a little more patient though.

ok...the game was great...but it is in the past now and we need to look to the future. Time to move on from the ND game

".....boring stories of...glory days...."

Reactions: PushupMan
Find a post where I said that. In fact, I was excited about the Strong hire. But, he shoved sh!tty coordinators down our throats while dismissing the majority of upperclassmen. I am not excited about that or 5-7 and 5-7 and the historic blow out losses to terrible opponents he has racked up in 2 years. Yes, I am results driven-winners usually are results driven.

Like I said, a bunch of rah rah. He didn't get here, not being result driven. You sound like the strong as oak guy, in Jerry Mcguire.

As far as getting rid of players, we are better for it. He tore it down and rebuilt the foundation. He brought in Watson and paid the price...but it has been corrected. Time to move on fella. We are moving on up...chin up.

Consider it done.

Strong at Louisville:
2010: 7-6
2011: 7-6
2012: 11-2 Big East and Sugar Bowl champions
2013: 12-1 Russell Athletic Bowl champions

You will be convinced by late November 2017. Stand up, cheer and enjoy a lot of winning Texas football!
I'm looking forward to it. Hook'em and beat UTEP!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT