ADVERTISEMENT

OB Huruka Fund Drive: Ban your favorite/least favorite poster for $100

I was going to ban 9 different posters by donating $900 but I changed my mind. I will ban one guy who has no balls to contribute to this cause after I offered him I would pay a quarter of his donation. Yes he bans me for 10 days for 1k I pay $250 of it to ban myself. He is still to cheap to do it. So I ban @WapitiHorn for 9 days with the $900 I pledged.

I don't have Pay Pal or any of that bitcoin crap. Will be happy to send a check though if you give me the address. If in the process Jodyboy (or whatever name he is using now) was to disappear from posting for a while, my feelings would not be hurt.

Reactions: richinaustin
I don't have Pay Pal or any of that bitcoin crap. Will be happy to send a check though if you give me the address. If in the process Jodyboy (or whatever name he is using now) was to disappear from posting for a while, my feelings would not be hurt.
I will contact you. We'll work it out.

I will pay to ban @randoke for what he did to Atlanta. Hit me up for payment options @Ketchum
warishell.jpg

Ok, here we go.

After the suggestion was made yesterday and near universal agreement among board members that it was a great idea (when has that ever happened?), we're moving forward with the idea of raising money for the Haruka Weiser Fund with the Ban Hammer Telethon.

Here are the details.

1. You can ban/suspend anyone Orangebloods member (non-staff member) for a day at the cost of $100. Just pledge your $100 in this thread and name the poster you want to put in OB jail.

Here's an added twist to the Jail Game that we're playing. After the first $100 towards a poster is dedicated, it will take another nine pledges of $100 from the board for a longer 10-day suspension to take place.

I want to keep this somewhat simple, so these are the two stages of bans that can take place. We'll go to 20- or 30-day suspensions if 20 or 30 pledges are made, but only if the Orangebloods member in question is ok with it.

You can donate more than $100 per each person if you want to. We'll call it the @PowerSpread rule. For those don't know, PowerSpread dared someone to spend the money to ban him and @jstalcup1 pledged $1600 to suspend him 16 days IF @PowerSpread agreed to match the bid for $900, thus creating a $2500 donation to the fun for his 16-day suspension.

Both are OB legends in my book after that.

2. We're not going to force you against your will to take a suspension. This is supposed to be a fun idea to raise money for a cause that should be something dear to all of us. You can either post in the thread that you're ok with your paid suspension or I will reach out to every personally through email/PM to discuss approval. If someone isn't comfortable with a timeout, we'll handle things very quietly behind the scenes so that you can object in private without it being a public matter.

Again, this is supposed to a good thing, not a bad thing.

3. Because it will be really difficult to get an itemized list of donors from the school that we would be able to cross-reference to confirm that each payment has been made, we're going to set this up so that everyone pays via paypal (email me if that's a problem and we'll work something out). I'll do all of the heavy lifting behind the scenes in terms of creating a spreadsheet and then cross-checking the payments as they come in. Once that is done, I'm going to forward the full amount via paypal to @SkoalBrother77, who has been so critical in putting this together.

If anyone has a better idea about handling the money, I'm all ears. The one thing Orangebloods can't do is make the direct payment to the fund ourselves because in theory it could open up a huge can of worms and technically would violate our contract with Yahoo, which is why the plan is to transfer the funds to @SkoalBrother77

4. The campaign will officially end at noon on Saturday.

5. Send all payments to gkketch@gmail.com via paypal.

I think that's it. Have fun. Play Nice. Let's do something good.

@Ketchum Don't tell our wives about this deal or we may all end up on the sideline a lot longer than we'd like.

@Ketchum Some have inquired about Venmo. If anyone wants to use Venmo send to my account "Michael-Harper-15". Just make sure you include your name and OB alias in the "comment" section.

PayPal is preferably but Venmo is fine.
I think I'd prefer to just to paypal because I will be able to log it all in one place.

OB is a great place, lot of really good people in here whether you like them or hate them. It's a great community.
It really is for many reasons. Even at its worst, compare it to the vile you see on twitter or FB. Ever read the facebook comments on Longhorn articles posted by the AAS?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT