ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

miracle on 34th street christmas movies GIF

It would be pretty crazy if that happened. To me it would be a dick move on Texas and Schloss at the timing. Vitello and Schloss deserve the right to play for the natty without any distraction. This is their moment and doesn’t include Texas. If Texas waited until tomorrow and then Schloss left then so be it I guess. I don’t think it’s either one personally, but this is a new day and age. Schloss could just be fixing to get paid by A&M because of rumors. Who knows??
Do you think Albers will go after Vitello? The dude has a tough fiery attitude and is probably the beat coach in baseball right now. That was who I was hoping for at Texas.

Do you think Albers will go after Vitello? The dude has a tough fiery attitude and is probably the beat coach in baseball right now. That was who I was hoping for at Texas.
Nope. He doesn't fit their culture. Honestly, Vitello is a better fit in Austin than Schloss- but Schloss has the chops-- he's just always been coaching the underdog. Augie had an underdog and made them a killer. Schloss just hasn't gotten over the hump, and CDC believes that wearing burnt orange will do the trick. Schloss has 15 years left in him. He should easily put 2-3 titles on the board in that time.

Aggy made the hire of a lifetime getting Schloss. They are going to get OU coach.

So like many of you I work with a few Aggies. I’ve played nice through their run to the national champ series. Patted them on the back and gave them a hug after the loss.

Not a peep today. Tomorrow mornings executive team meeting is going to be epic. I’m wearing burnt orange baby. And I won’t have to say a word.

Would it be too much if I set a framed pic of Schloss in the background? (Zoom call)

I don’t think Vitello is going anywhere. He seems to really like Tennessee. I think certainly there will be calls. If anything he will get Tennessee to push their chips all in because A&M will be looking big, so they will at least make Tennessee match. I think they will pursue Florida coach O’Sullivan as well. Tomorrow I think we will start hearing some names.

For everyone else I know this board has seen its share of meltdowns..Ags are just pissed and rightfully so. This stuff has been probably a done deal for a while. Players are saying they found out through social media. Several are posting some pretty negative crap about him. I have no doubt A&M will offer the world to someone but that isn’t always a good thing. I hope they take a breath and don’t offer stupid money on the wrong guy because you are pissed and want to make a splash.

From r/collegebaseball (grain of salt that’s my only source here) apparently Alberts is A&M’s Steve Patterson:

If the reports coming out the past hour are true yes.

For those unaware the TAMU side is saying that Alberts fired multiple people that were close friends to Schloss and highly involved in baseball operations. Did it almost as soon as he arrived without any discussion with Schloss, no warning, etc.

There are also reports that under Alberts the progress on all the promised baseball facility improvements had stalled. Again I don't know how true this is but it is Aggie insiders putting this out there today. It is their explanation for what opened the door to him leaving. Go be with an AD he knows and loves or keep working for a clown who won't keep his word and ices him out of every decision. If there is any truth to that, and Alberts basically ****ed around and found out, he has to be fired.

I don’t think Vitello is going anywhere. He seems to really like Tennessee. I think certainly there will be calls. If anything he will get Tennessee to push their chips all in because A&M will be looking big, so they will at least make Tennessee match. I think they will pursue Florida coach O’Sullivan as well. Tomorrow I think we will start hearing some names.

For everyone else I know this board has seen its share of meltdowns..Ags are just pissed and rightfully so. This stuff has been probably a done deal for a while. Players are saying they found out through social media. Several are posting some pretty negative crap about him. I have no doubt A&M will offer the world to someone but that isn’t always a good thing. I hope they take a breath and don’t offer stupid money on the wrong guy because you are pissed and want to make a splash.
The Aggie voice of reason. I feel your angst and appreciation for trying to rise above it through social acceptance, “we all should just get along” frame of mind. Unfortunately my friend things don’t work that way in our world, or especially on this free UT board. Things get ugly here. We love seeing the suffering from those that want us to suffer more. Somehow in the midst of this baseball championship madness UT just pulled the string. It was the greatest changeup against the program that continues to try and find relevance through their weird fan base. They just swung and missed. See you guys in November, or maybe you guys will get a chance against our volleyball team first.

From r/collegebaseball (grain of salt that’s my only source here) apparently Alberts is A&M’s Steve Patterson:

If the reports coming out the past hour are true yes.

For those unaware the TAMU side is saying that Alberts fired multiple people that were close friends to Schloss and highly involved in baseball operations. Did it almost as soon as he arrived without any discussion with Schloss, no warning, etc.

There are also reports that under Alberts the progress on all the promised baseball facility improvements had stalled. Again I don't know how true this is but it is Aggie insiders putting this out there today. It is their explanation for what opened the door to him leaving. Go be with an AD he knows and loves or keep working for a clown who won't keep his word and ices him out of every decision. If there is any truth to that, and Alberts basically ****ed around and found out, he has to be fired.
Alberts is a Nebraska boy. I doubt he is anything close to Patterson’s intentional DEI mentality.

So Schloss leaving A&M for Texas makes him an a-hole. So when whoever A&M hires leaves their current school would they be an a-hole too because of what they did? I'm trying to figure out what makes A&M so special that coaches can't leave for other jobs when the season is over. He gave them two of the best teams A&M has ever had in the the history of their University but they still think he owes them something.

They say the timing was bad but what would have happened if they reported Pierce being fired a couple of weeks ago? The speculation and rumors would have been following A&M through the whole tournament and they would have blamed us for that, something may have even leaked out about Schloss which really would have caused a distraction. CDC wanted his new coach to start as soon as his current season was over so this was the timing that worked best for that. CDC had is guy and there was no need for a search so he waited until one day before the season was over and then pushed the ball down the hill. The rumor mill didn't have time to get much momentum during the last game and didn't hurt anything. I think CDC handled it as best as it could have been handled.

Congrats on the splash hire. Going to be an interesting year on the 40 acres for sure.

I wish they could have waited a few days to let the sting of the loss set in, but it is what it is. We're used to stuff like this. :)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT