ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

Let's go after every damn coach out including their pitching coach, recruiting coordinator, assistant coach etc.....Tulo does want to become a head coach.

The boys get Baylor tonight for a 3 game series. They are 7-13, so a sweep would be really nice. But you just never know….

The boys get Baylor tonight for a 3 game series. They are 7-13, so a sweep would be really nice. But you just never know….
Yewh I thought having series against Washington and Baylor would kind of help get the season back on track. Didn’t work out last weekend. We’ll see. Whatever chance Pierece has at saving his job probably starts tonight

First win in Austin since 2016! Wtf! F U Pierce time to can this joker!
Yeah it’s over for him. No coming back at this point. It’s not gonna cost much to buy ok out all the other coaches are on solid footing. He’s gone.

Yeah it’s over for him. No coming back at this point. It’s not gonna cost much to buy ok out all the other coaches are on solid footing. He’s gone.

Let Tulo take the reigns and can Pierce. Oklahoma wasn't ranked and guess what they are now ranked number 17 and beating the back out of the couch burners today.

Baseball is unpredictable and hinges so often on teams just getting hot at the plate or on the mound. Especially in college.

But you have to have at least one of those elements firing pretty consistently to make noise in Omaha. With Augie’s teams, it was pitching and closing out games with small ball - and we consistently beat teams with big hitters that way.

I honestly don’t know what Pierce’s coaching forte really is. It was supposed to be pitching but we just haven’t seen the production.

Most college baseball coaches (especially in the SEC) only have success when they can field a team full of hitters, because the pitching is so weak in college you can win that way.

Look at OU softball. They just grab the only 5 girls in the country that can actually hit and boom, dynasty.

My question is why hasn’t Texas ever just gone all-in on finding hitters?

Baseball is unpredictable and hinges so often on teams just getting hot at the plate or on the mound. Especially in college.

But you have to have at least one of those elements firing pretty consistently to make noise in Omaha. With Augie’s teams, it was pitching and closing out games with small ball - and we consistently beat teams with big hitters that way.

I honestly don’t know what Pierce’s coaching forte really is. It was supposed to be pitching but we just haven’t seen the production.

Most college baseball coaches (especially in the SEC) only have success when they can field a team full of hitters, because the pitching is so weak in college you can win that way.

Look at OU softball. They just grab the only 5 girls in the country that can actually hit and boom, dynasty.

My question is why hasn’t Texas ever just gone all-in on finding hitters?
Easy answer- because if you're a kid that consistently knocks the cover off the ball, you're getting drafted in the 1st 3 rounds and you're an instant millionaire.

You have to develop hitters in college.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Geez. Pierce decides to start a freshman who has pitched 4 innings this year. 4-0 A&M Corpus Christi in the 5th.

Islander game didn't "count" (although losing to a m&a related school...geez) so letting young pitchers play is okay. But our veteran bats didn't step up.

Pack the stands for the Longhorn softball team!🤘

Reactions: apettey
k state just scored 8 in the 2nd. Horns down 8-3

Yikes now down 13-3

Last edited:
I always like @weevilcatch take on our baseball team. He has been right and usually says not to worry due to baseball being baseball and there is still a lot of game left. So, I axe you @weevilcatch , we are 15-11 with 29 more games. Can we panic or should we wait it out? Is this time different?

I always like @weevilcatch take on our baseball team. He has been right and usually says not to worry due to baseball being baseball and there is still a lot of game left. So, I axe you @weevilcatch , we are 15-11 with 29 more games. Can we panic or should we wait it out? Is this time different?
We fooked

Baseball is a long season, but at some point you are what you are. We have now basically played as many games as we have left. The team is what is is at this point

Well K State is number 1 in the conference and the favorite to win the conference is dead last.
The writing has been on the wall with Pierce taking over the pitching.

K state up 2-0 in the 2nd. This is getting bad. Even having a winning record at the end of the year isn’t a lock.

The offense is really good but it can’t keep up with the pitching.

Texas took an 8-3 lead. The game is now 8-8

It is now 11-11. Geez I feel bad for the lineup lol

Perhaps David pierece isn’t a pitching coach?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT