ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

Pretty spot on amd damning analysis baseball is one of the only teams that CDC hasnt brought in his guy. In. That could change.
CDC has been a bit lackluster. He didn't make the Sark hire. That was taken out of his hands. He should have passed on Terry. Basketball is a disaster. To anyone with a trained baseball eye, the inability of Pierce to adapt to the NIL game has been glaring. This weekend was all we needed to see. I think he is done.

CDC has done well in women's sports where we can outspend the competition. To me, that's not all that hard to do.... can he raise money, sure, but men's sports at Texas have not been great.

lol how can you say he’s been lackluster?

He hired Mike white to coach softball that’s been a hole run hire.

He hired Vic Shafer that’s been a home run hire.
He hired Chris Beard- not his fault Beard couldn’t get his home life in order and not put his hands on his girlfriend.

And yes he hired Sark. Who made the final decision on that who knows but he’s the AD so he gets credit.

So how exactly has he been lackluster. I’ll save you the time. He hasn’t.

lol how can you say he’s been lackluster?

He hired Mike white to coach softball that’s been a hole run hire.

He hired Vic Shafer that’s been a home run hire.
He hired Chris Beard- not his fault Beard couldn’t get his home life in order and not put his hands on his girlfriend.

And yes he hired Sark. Who made the final decision on that who knows but he’s the AD so he gets credit.

So how exactly has he been lackluster. I’ll save you the time. He hasn’t.
Those are women's sports. It's easier to get the best coaches when we can pay them 3 times as much as our competition.
Mike White coaches women's sports
Vic Shafer coaches women's sports
FYI... no one cares about women's sports. They don't make money.
Who cares what Beard supposedly did to his gf. She said it was her fault. The fact is that basketball is and is going to continue to be a disaster for quite some time. I don't care. I have checked out. I don't watch. After this weekend, I don't watch baseball. Sure, you can say good riddance but I would be willing to wager that there are a sh1t ton like me that check out and render the stadiums half full or less. Ya, lackluster and a sign of a poorly managed program. If you have to wait for empty stadiums, you are the problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archmadness
Well we all knew we would get spanked tonight at home by the ex froggy coach. You know that is one hire I definitely hate that aggy got right.....

Well we all knew we would get spanked tonight at home by the ex froggy coach. You know that is one hire I definitely hate that aggy got right.....
Timing is everything. Texas tried to get him before Pierce but he wasn't ready to leave TCU at that time.

If Texas makes a change after this year who should get a look?

Timing is everything. Texas tried to get him before Pierce but he wasn't ready to leave TCU at that time.

If Texas makes a change after this year who should get a look?
First look would be Tulo now that he is on the staff and we could reach out to the DBU coach but he won't come. Virginia head coach said no back in 2016 when Pierce got the job.

First look would be Tulo now that he is on the staff and we could reach out to the DBU coach but he won't come. Virginia head coach said no back in 2016 when Pierce got the job.
NIL wasn’t around in the last go around. Theoretically, it could now be the deciding factor that will swing the bat our way with whichever coach CDC has in his sights. Texas already has Tradition, and facilities

NIL wasn’t around in the last go around. Theoretically, it could now be the deciding factor that will swing the bat our way with whichever coach CDC has in his sights. Texas already has Tradition, and facilities
Well we should swing for the fences and go after wake forest coach he built them up from the ground up took 12 or 13 years but he knows what he is doing now.

Well we should swing for the fences and go after wake forest coach he built them up from the ground up took 12 or 13 years but he knows what he is doing now.
Get rid of the artificial turf. It sucks. Don't listen to the wibbles and their water shortage pap.

Reactions: freeper
Get rid of the artificial turf. It sucks. Don't listen to the wibbles and their water shortage pap.
Recruits love artificial turf now days. Most big baseball complexes and high schools are going to turf and the players are used to it. As a fan I like real grass and dirt but the players don't share that view.

Reactions: outhereincali
Yep, need to look for someone who will recruit heavy out of the portal. You need players with experience and confidence all over the field to win now.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces

There is a reason why we can't have grass I think it's due to the slope it's sitting on and the watering of the field. But many high schools are going to turf. But I do love me a grass field with the beautiful cuts and designs.

I imagine Tulo will garner some support for the head gig and he would probably recruit well and generate NIL money as well. Problem is he has never been a head coach at any level as far as I know. Knowing that do you give him the keys to one of the best programs in the history of college baseball? Seems like a bad idea.

The two guys I’d target Tim Corbin. He’s built a power at Vandy, but can vandy compete on an NIL era long term?

Kirk Saarloos. Made the CWS in his 2nd year at TCU has them off to a 13-0 start this year. Gives you the MLB expierence that Tulo has, but with the big time head coaching expierence that he lacks, and at 44 years old could be a long term option.

Why do you turn everything in to a political liberal vs conservative thing? It’s silly. Turf is the way things are going at the high school and college level, and it has nothing to do with liberals or a water shortage. lol

Why do you turn everything in to a political liberal vs conservative thing? It’s silly. Turf is the way things are going at the high school and college level, and it has nothing to do with liberals or a water shortage. lol
I played high school football. Grass was 1000% better. I have a hard time believing anyone would prefer turf over grass. When I was at school at Texas, the turf was sold as a way to conserve water so ya, that was the cause. The number of serious injuries on turf is much higher than natural grass. Have you ever played tackle football on a parking lot?

https://www.uhhospitals.org/for-cli.../2019/08/artificial-turf-versus-natural-grass

And here's the kicker: UT does not care about the student athlete, it prizes its liberal sensibilities (virtue signaling) and bottom line over the kids. Aggy has 100% grass as does most of the SEC.

ARTIFICIAL TURF BENEFITS​

Despite the protective benefits of natural grass fields, fewer schools use them because of the extra maintenance required and lack of flexibility. For example, if it rains on a Wednesday, students may have to stay off the field to prevent damage before a Friday night football game.

Artificial turf is easier to maintain, doesn't require water or fertilizer and can accommodate a variety of activities. With artificial turf, students can practice on the field in almost any weather without damaging the ground. Also, artificial turf doesn't freeze in the winter or thin out in the summer.

Dr. Voos says parents may want to ask coaches and athletic directors how they maintain their turf to keep students safe. "The main thing we want to emphasize is for parents and students to be aware of the difference," he adds. "Make sure kids have the right shoes in good condition, appropriate helmets and proper protective

Last edited:
You know this year I really wanted to draw final blood on Texas Tech. In all 3 sports.
Football 57/7 good guys score settled.
Basketball won at Lubbock easily last week.

This weekend is the last time we'll play them in baseball and it's at their place. Let's beat em so bad they'll go to church and give thanks that they won't have to play Texas anymore.

You know this year I really wanted to draw final blood on Texas Tech. In all 3 sports.

This weekend is the last time we'll play them in baseball and it's at their place. Let's beat em so bad they'll go to church and give thanks that they won't have to play Texas anymore.
While I agree 100% with you on what I want to happen, I wouldn’t bet the house on that one. Might have to settle for 2 out of 3.

So you’re a “glass half full” guy?
I’m the “half empty” guy but I’ll agree with you on this one. If we’ve got the big number on the scoreboard on Sunday, I’ll take losing the series 2/1.

Reactions: outhereincali
I think Pierce is coaching for his job this weekend in all honesty. No I don’t think they will make a move mid season obviously but losing 2/3 to tech will mean losing 6 out of 7. 3 to teams in your conference next year and 3 games to in state rivals. Hard to see how things suddenly just turn around, and it puts making the most season in serious jeopardy

You guys realize that the last 2 Texas baseball coaches were BOTH the winningest of all time....... right?

And now we have...... a guy that's about to get fired.

I wonder when the least time a Texas baseball coach was actually "fired".

You guys realize that the last 2 Texas baseball coaches were BOTH the winningest of all time....... right?

And now we have...... a guy that's about to get fired.

I wonder when the least time a Texas baseball coach was actually "fired".
Quite probably never happened which is pretty amazing

After reviewing Pierce’s record, it isn’t bad: 0.65 winning percentage and made it to CWS 3 times in 7 years. I think we all get the feeling he will never win a title.

Reactions: Hoookem722
After reviewing Pierce’s record, it isn’t bad: 0.65 winning percentage and made it to CWS 3 times in 7 years. I think we all get the feeling he will never win a title.
Yep. All great coaches surround themselves with good people. pierecd issue is he won’t do that. He wants to do everything. Being a pitching coach in baseball is a full time job. The head coach doesn’t have time to be an effective pitching coach

Also David Pierce has no background in pitching. He wasn’t pitcher, yes I know he was the pitching coach at Rice, but during that time Rice developed a reputation MLB teams wouldn’t touch their pitchers because they all came to the pros and got injured shortly after.

Dave Duncan is the only non pitcher I’ve ever been aware of that was successful as a pitching coach, and he was a catcher who worked with pitchers and pitching coaches every day as a player.

22-8. It's a great start to the series.

Reactions: horn wild
And traditionally baseball is a long season no reason we can't take all 3.
Every team is going to lose games in baseball. It’s not a sport where you see teams go undefeated. So that’s not the issue. What you have to do though is win series or win 4 out of 6, 7 out of 10 etc and right now Texas has lost 5 out of the last 6. Doesn’t leave much margin for error the rest of the season, and there are some tough games left.

The pitching just isn’t very good, so it’s going to be tough to win games. Last weekend in 3 games Texas averaged 8 runs a game on offense they went 0-3. That’s not great. Last night they gave up 8 runs. They just happened to explode for 26 runs lol. If the offense has to score 8 runs every night just to be in the game. That’s going to be a tall order the rest of the season.

If they don’t win tomorrow I’m not sure they will even make the post season without going on a pretty good hot steak

Yea it’s a long season, but the games stack up pretty quick. Texas has already played about 25% of its games.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT