ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

And rally they did, now leading 9-6 in bottom of the 7th. Hopefully Pierce can manage closing it out.

Needed that series in a BAD way. Still needed every bit of the 9 runs the offense scored today. Pitching has to get better for them to have any success this season. Out slugging teams every game is a tough way to win.

This team has a ton of potential this year. They can straight up hit the hell out of the baseball. It's just the pitching that is a big question mark.

Do you think Bret Yormark asked UT to leave?
Of course not. You remember when he was at a Texas Tech banquet last summer? He said he was going to pull for Texas Tech at the Texas game. I'm not sure but didn't he say he was going to eat with them at their Thanksgiving dinner the night before the game? And in answer to your question he wasn't even discreet about cheering against Texas.

Of course not. You remember when he was at a Texas Tech banquet last summer? He said he was going to pull for Texas Tech at the Texas game. I'm not sure but didn't he say he was going to eat with them at their Thanksgiving dinner the night before the game? And in answer to your question he wasn't even discreet about cheering against Texas.
What does it matter what Yormark is thinking? Poor Texas. The biggest, baddest, richest kid on the block is the "victim." I guess whatever it takes to give you motivation.

Quite the opposite I think if Yourmark had been comish 3 years ago Texas doesn’t leave.
I agree 100%. Blowsby's only job was to occasionally call Austin and Norman and make sure they were happy. He failed. I get that Yormark took a shot at UT in the pre season, and he deserves to be called out. But I, for one, can't believe that he was able to take a bunch of leftovers, add some decent pieces, create a viable conference and sign a new TV contract. Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat.

I agree 100%. Blowsby's only job was to occasionally call Austin and Norman and make sure they were happy. He failed. I get that Yormark took a shot at UT in the pre season, and he deserves to be called out. But I, for one, can't believe that he was able to take a bunch of leftovers, add some decent pieces, create a viable conference and sign a new TV contract. Talk about pulling a rabbit out of a hat.
Oh I agree and adding the AZ, UT, schools plus Colorado will be a plus. But I don't know who will be a football power.

Yea. I’m sure glad we got rid of Williams. We’d have lost by 10 if he was still handling pitchers. Said NOBODY!!!

whatever hope there was for pos season play ended tonight. I think we and more importantly CDC can focus on who will be the coach will be next week

So we won a game we were supposed to win.
Sorry Oldman and I’m not bitching at you but I can’t get excited about winning mid week games / series. We should measure UT Baseball seasons by trips to Omaha. We’ve only been to half of the total College World Series.
This team ain’t making that trip.

So we won a game we were supposed to win.
Sorry Oldman and I’m not bitching at you but I can’t get excited about winning mid week games / series. We should measure UT Baseball seasons by trips to Omaha. We’ve only been to half of the total College World Series.
This team ain’t making that trip.
I hear you. Just sharing updates for those who don’t have LHN. Definitely a frustrating time.

Reactions: Etlonghorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT