ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

Aggy with a hell of a comback. Were down 8-2 or something and now winning 15-8 in the 8th. If I am Schloss, I am demanding to the powers that be that they better stop allowing those fcking girly bubble machines in the park, if you refuse, I an going to Austin. Grown men blasting away with these mega bubble makers is one dumb fck of a sight to behold. Good grief, can’t they come up with a song like sweet caroline or some kind of tradition that isn't outright stupid and girly. I mean do they have contests to determine the most stupid tradition to make their own? Rant over.

Aggy with a hell of a comback. Were down 8-2 or something and now winning 15-8 in the 8th. If I am Schloss, I am demanding to the powers that be that they better stop allowing those fcking girly bubble machines in the park, if you refuse, I a going to Austin. Grown men blasting away with these mega bubble makers is one dumb fck of a sight to behold. Good grief, can’t they come up with a song like sweet caroline or some kind of tradition that isn't outright stupid and girly. I mean do they have contests to determine the most stupid tradition to make their own? Rant over.
It’s aggy. The home of the jizz sock and “yell leaders”…..
Bubble machines seem to be par for the course.

Well I mean he does have ties to CDC but I had heard he was about to get paid at Tennessee. Guess we will find out in a couple weeks

Uh. Fullerton and Augie were not small time. Augie was the top coach.

Van Horn ain’t leaving because he’s like all the other dumbass swine, thinks they’re better than they are. But DVH would absolutely kill it at Texas.

Corbin May be looking for a change in scenery. A new challenge.

O’Sullivan is least likely which is why he’s last on my list.

O’Connor might like bump in pay.

Tadlock wouldn’t be too bad either. I have much respect for him from way back in the day of his JUCO days
Uh. I didn’t say small time. I said smaller successful program which was because of Augie and the reason he moved to “big” Texas.

Reactions: weevilcatch
Fair enough.

But Augie was the best coach in CB at that time
Yes, and that’s what I said. I hate message boards and text messages in general. People read what they want to read into a post. But if we all sat down and had a beer and shot the shit then we’d all be on the same page. As I get older I’ve learned to either pick uo the phone and have a direct call or jump on a plane and go play a round of golf or an expensive dinner.

Yes, and that’s what I said. I hate message boards and text messages in general. People read what they want to read into a post. But if we all sat down and had a beer and shot the shit then we’d all be on the same page. As I get older I’ve learned to either pick uo the phone and have a direct call or jump on a plane and go play a round of golf or an expensive dinner.

💯

Uhhh... I like steak.....

A few notes to pass along on the baseball front.

1. Texas head baseball coach David Pierce has not been officially let go by the university, but there is a sense from the sources that we've talked to that it is only a matter of time before it happens.

2. Sources believe that Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte CDC is running a one-man search for a replacement and and is quickly narrowing in on his guy.

3. Brian O’Connor (Virginia) will not be the next coach, as he signed a 7-year extension today. Likewise, Tennessee's Tony Vitello is not expected to be the guy. Based on information from sources, there is no reason to believe that Jim Schlossnagle will be the next head coach.

(Suchomel)

1. Texas head baseball coach David Pierce has not been officially let go by the university, but there is a sense from the sources that we've talked to that it is only a matter of time before it happens.

2. Sources believe that Texas athletic director Chris Del Conte CDC is running a one-man search for a replacement and and is quickly narrowing in on his guy.

3. Brian O’Connor (Virginia) will not be the next coach, as he signed a 7-year extension today. Likewise, Tennessee's Tony Vitello is not expected to be the guy. Based on information from sources, there is no reason to believe that Jim Schlossnagle will be the next head coach.

(Suchomel)
If this is right we will be seeing movement on this probably in the next few days because the guy CDC wants(whoever that is) is available. If you don’t see movement on this by mid next week I’d say CDC is at least going to take a swing at one of those guys

(Suchomel)
Evidently JS didn’t talk to HillabeeBaw’s uncle about Vitello. He says it’s a done deal….

The ump for tonights Fla/aggy game is very inconsistent. He is screwing aggy. Not by a lot, but he is calling out in Fl favor.

It’s not a good look when you let one of your senior leaders transfer and he walks off homer in the Kentucky game. Impact players don’t transfer out of Texas. I think he made a bad call letting him go in favor of O’Dowd and an upcoming freshman, Kennedy. Unfortunately neither one could hit consistently: Daly was a three year starter. Helped us get to the CWS. Had a tough 3rd year but he was always a gamer. His bat and leadership would have earned us a few more wins and a better seed. Hoping he wins it with Kentucky.

It’s not a good look when you let one of your senior leaders transfer and he walks off homer in the Kentucky game. Impact players don’t transfer out of Texas. I think he made a bad call letting him go in favor of O’Dowd and an upcoming freshman, Kennedy. Unfortunately neither one could hit consistently: Daly was a three year starter. Helped us get to the CWS. Had a tough 3rd year but he was always a gamer. His bat and leadership would have earned us a few more wins and a better seed. Hoping he wins it with Kentucky.
If you lose a transfer to Southern Miss, I can live with that. Losing a senior transfer to an SEC contender is BS. We’re THE University of Texas. We’ve been to exactly 50% of the CWS. If we lose a guy to a major, the guy we replace him with better be a BEAST!!

The more I consider it the more it seems to make sense. Corbin brings an eye on talent and a leadership approach that wins. Vanderbilt = Augie CFS. Double NC winner at a small school. Time for him to make a big move with big dollars and NIL behind him. Vanderbilt had an off year but usual high level expectation. Perhaps he knows he’s not gonna grab the key talent anymore. Kids won’t play at Vandy just because he’s the highest paid coach.

Watching the CWS. I am all for tradition in most cases, but the organ noise at baseball games has to be the most annoying sound in the world. For me personally, anyway.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT