****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

Ags are in the finals against the Vols. That Florida player, Jac Caglionaone, is a badass. Ags had a hefty lead, but as long as he had a chance to bat, Florida had a chance.

Ags are in the finals against the Vols. That Florida player, Jac Caglionaone, is a badass. Ags had a hefty lead, but as long as he had a chance to bat, Florida had a chance.
Been a monster since last year he broke Ivan's single season record for homeruns last year. He can pitch and hit, another ohtani. Aggy can brag now about being in their first ever natty but it wouldn't be without their coach I knew they made a great hire something they finally got right....hate to see it....

Been a monster since last year he broke Ivan's single season record for homeruns last year. He can pitch and hit, another ohtani. Aggy can brag now about being in their first ever natty but it wouldn't be without their coach I knew they made a great hire something they finally got right....hate to see it....
If rumors come true CDC may be about to steal the only thing they’ve ever gotten right.

No offense, but are you saying you would have won the National Championships in 02 and 05 without Garrido? Weird take by you.

I was thinking aggy was going to win the cws. However, the stats on paper say Tennessee will win it all. Should be pretty good because they are so even.

I was thinking aggy was going to win the cws. However, the stats on paper say Tennessee will win it all. Should be pretty good because they are so even.
I have counted A&M out so many times. When they were going through a slump I counted them out. When they lost their best player I counted them out. When their number 2 starter went down I counted them out. When we had to pitch Lamkin I counted them out because he sucked so bad during the season that he got pulled and didn’t pitch much. Jace is now 80% so that’s not good but they find ways. Tennessee is a beast and I agree they are the favorite for sure, but I just can’t count A&M out.

I’m curious about Schloss. He was in the committee for the new AD so hoping they have a good thing. He is getting his massive ballpark upgrades which will make this one of the nicest baseball parks in America and he has gone to Omaha 2 of 3 years and made the final 4 and now playing for it all. I THINK he stays. There may be some negotiating land talking to Texas…he gets a massive raise that way if A&M unloads the bank(never done that before) to keep him. Who knows.

I have counted A&M out so many times. When they were going through a slump I counted them out. When they lost their best player I counted them out. When their number 2 starter went down I counted them out. When we had to pitch Lamkin I counted them out because he sucked so bad during the season that he got pulled and didn’t pitch much. Jace is now 80% so that’s not good but they find ways. Tennessee is a beast and I agree they are the favorite for sure, but I just can’t count A&M out.

I’m curious about Schloss. He was in the committee for the new AD so hoping they have a good thing. He is getting his massive ballpark upgrades which will make this one of the nicest baseball parks in America and he has gone to Omaha 2 of 3 years and made the final 4 and now playing for it all. I THINK he stays. There may be some negotiating land talking to Texas…he gets a massive raise that way if A&M unloads the bank(never done that before) to keep him. Who knows.
Good luck. Really should be good. Is LaViolette better?

No offense, but are you saying you would have won the National Championships in 02 and 05 without Garrido? Weird take by you.

SO what you are saying is you guys would be in this same position with Childress? Go sit down and enjoy being in your first ever title game. It seems like your new coach also has got you to a 7-14 record in the WS, which before him you guys were 2-12. So again sit down and enjoy it.

SO what you are saying is you guys would be in this same position with Childress? Go sit down and enjoy being in your first ever title game. It seems like your new coach also has got you to a 7-14 record in the WS, which before him you guys were 2-12. So again sit down and enjoy it.
I think he is saying that every team that wins probably has a good coach. A&M has some dang good players as well. Texas has had talent in football lately but wrong coaching. We will see if Stark is the guy. He can’t have mediocre performances in the SEC like he did in the Big 12 and get away with it.

I think he is saying that every team that wins probably has a good coach. A&M has some dang good players as well. Texas has had talent in football lately but wrong coaching. We will see if Stark is the guy. He can’t have mediocre performances in the SEC like he did in the Big 12 and get away with it.
I was onboard with you until you had to take the cheap shot on Sark at the end. I don’t think I’d call last season “mediocre”.
Maybe you didn’t mean it that way but that’s the way it came across.

You guys have been infinitely better in the SEC than you ever were in the B12. Apparently mediocrity is more than good enough over there.

I was onboard with you until you had to take the cheap shot on Sark at the end. I don’t think I’d call last season “mediocre”.
Maybe you didn’t mean it that way but that’s the way it came across.
No, not mediocre at all. They were in the playoff which is awesome! I’m saying talent has been there and you have been waiting for the right coach. Maybe Sark is it, but I’m saying Texas struggled in games against some pretty bad competition and if they play a C game they will get beat against better athletes. Texas is good and going in the right direction.

No, not mediocre at all. They were in the playoff which is awesome! I’m saying talent has been there and you have been waiting for the right coach. Maybe Sark is it, but I’m saying Texas struggled in games against some pretty bad competition and if they play a C game they will get beat against better athletes. Texas is good and going in the right direction.
Ok. I can buy into that. Appreciate you not freaking out and explaining your thought process.
For the record, I think y’all walk thru Tennessee.

No, but you may not have won those two championships with a lesser coach either. Just my opinion. You are the all-time best program in the country, but you still have to have a quality skipper. That's all I meant.

the wrong type of talent. we always had a bunch of big time wrs, but not any OL. not many in numbers, but very very little in quality. that had to be corrected. since it has, we've been good even sark year 2 was just a bunch of one score games, an our linemen especially were VERY young. we were fine.

Reactions: Etlonghorn
Aggies got picked off twice at 1st base and just couldn’t get the bats going. Tenn had very good pitching and excellent bats. Should be a good final game tomorrow. Tenn’s bats just seem too strong, but we’ll see tomorrow

Aggies got picked off twice at 1st base and just couldn’t get the bats going. Tenn had very good pitching and excellent bats. Should be a good final game tomorrow. Tenn’s bats just seem too strong, but we’ll see tomorrow
I was hoping it would end today so we could vent some resolution to our baseball situation

Reactions: westx
Lots of speculation on SECrant with big numbers thrown around for Schloss and Wiener package deal.
Neuhiesel on XM radio has apparently said Vitello is a done deal.
Should be fun to watch, and either would be a BIG improvement over Pierce.

We reported this two weeks ago. The Statesman is WAY behind the news.

I wonder if they've been told who the new guy is yet. Slackers.
Everyone knew it was coming but it’s officially happened today. In the past this means CDC knows who his guy is. We’ll see what happens tonight.

Announcing Pierce's dismissal on the last day of the baseball season seems to give credence that either Vitello or Schloss is the next coach.

I couldn't imagine winning the National Championship and then leaving the next day to a rival conference school to be their new coach....that is a BIG BOY move right there.

Announcing Pierce's dismissal on the last day of the baseball season seems to give credence that either Vitello or Schloss is the next coach.

I couldn't imagine winning the National Championship and then leaving the next day to a rival conference school to be their new coach....that is a BIG BOY move right there.
Yeah I didn’t think it was possible but CDC appears to be giving it a try at least.

It would be pretty crazy if that happened. To me it would be a dick move on Texas and Schloss at the timing. Vitello and Schloss deserve the right to play for the natty without any distraction. This is their moment and doesn’t include Texas. If Texas waited until tomorrow and then Schloss left then so be it I guess. I don’t think it’s either one personally, but this is a new day and age. Schloss could just be fixing to get paid by A&M because of rumors. Who knows??

I'll take either, can't wait for this meltdown in aggy land or Knoxville.

Funny story I was at Dollywood a couple of weeks ago and I was wearing my Longhorn bucket hat. The wife of one guy was talking about Tennessee baseball and how they were in the world series and couldn't figure out how many teams were in the WS. I chimed in and helped them with how many teams and in the convo they brought up Texas not being in it cause they already know we are royalty in baseball or they remember the times we have knocked them out a couple of years ago. Then they start talking football and they ask me about Ewers if he is still there, so I talked about Ewers and crew. The other guy sitting next to him chimed in and was like I think Arch is overrated and the jealously in his voice said it all. I said just wait you'll see him soon in a year.....

Last edited:
It would be pretty crazy if that happened. To me it would be a dick move on Texas and Schloss at the timing. Vitello and Schloss deserve the right to play for the natty without any distraction. This is their moment and doesn’t include Texas. If Texas waited until tomorrow and then Schloss left then so be it I guess. I don’t think it’s either one personally, but this is a new day and age. Schloss could just be fixing to get paid by A&M because of rumors. Who knows??
I more or less agree with BBA on his take from the standpoint of it potentially being neither. They’ve both built power house programs over the last few years. Short of money whipping them, whet do they gain by leaving whet they’ve built to go rebuild our program?
While I would LOVE it for most aggy’s I know, I would kind of feel bad for BBA and JoeAg. They both seem like standup, non Cultish dudes.