ADVERTISEMENT

****Offical Texas Baseball Thread****

Correction: we are the 3rd seed and get tech Thursday.
AWESOME!!! We finished in 3rd place in the Big 12!!! HELL YEA!!!
Said no Longhorn fan EVER!!!

But on the positive side, we probably performed just well enough for Pierce to keep his job. That positively SUCKS!

AWESOME!!! We finished in 3rd place in the Big 12!!! HELL YEA!!!
Said no Longhorn fan EVER!!!

But on the positive side, we probably performed just well enough for Pierce to keep his job. That positively SUCKS!
I was listening to somebody (I think Ketch/Chad on youtube show) and they were talking about how maybe it is a good thing to aviod a transition right before competing in the toughest baseball conference in the SEC. Next year we’ll see if he competes day in day out in a tougher conference and the rest will take care of itself. Made sense to me

I was listening to somebody (I think Ketch/Chad on youtube show) and they were talking about how maybe it is a good thing to aviod a transition right before competing in the toughest baseball conference in the SEC. Next year we’ll see if he competes day in day out in a tougher conference and the rest will take care of itself. Made sense to me

Oh they going to laugh at us next year......smh

Well if that bracket is true, CDC and the Big Cigars won’t have to wait to see how Pierce does against the SEC. If we end up facing Arkansas, that could get REALLY ugly. The only worse draw for us to take an ass whipping would be at aggy.

Well if that bracket is true, CDC and the Big Cigars won’t have to wait to see how Pierce does against the SEC. If we end up facing Arkansas, that could get REALLY ugly. The only worse draw for us to take an ass whipping would be at aggy.
Have you seen our road record?

We are pretty dangerous on the road. (Ironically)

Yes. We'll need to be dangerous on the road--because we have some really good teams we're facing-on the road.

Have you seen our road record?

We are pretty dangerous on the road. (Ironically)
Yes and that’s what I was referring to in a previous post. I can’t tell if we’re better than I think we are or if the Big 12 is just baby poop bad this year.
I do know when I watch us and then watch teams like Arkansas and aggy, the talent level is noticeably different.

Yes and that’s what I was referring to in a previous post. I can’t tell if we’re better than I think we are or if the Big 12 is just baby poop bad this year.
I do know when I watch us and then watch teams like Arkansas and aggy, the talent level is noticeably different.

Lsu is a low seed and rocked Kentucky, while Vandy spanked the number 1 seed 13-4 and we going into that sh!+ next year.....

I was there for the tech game, Duplantier the meatball pitcher does what he does best.....
He struck out the side in the 6th (0 runs), faced 4 batters in the 7th (0 runs), Struck out 2 and a pop out in the 8th (0 runs). Fell apart in the 9th. That's on Pierce for leaving him in too long, in my opinion.

Reactions: westx
He struck out the side in the 6th (0 runs), faced 4 batters in the 7th (0 runs), Struck out 2 and a pop out in the 8th (0 runs). Fell apart in the 9th. That's on Pierce for leaving him in too long, in my opinion.
With him looking that good you would think he would be able to finish it out. It's not like we have a shut down closer that you can fully trust either.

Or a pitching coach to know when your guy needs to come out.
My point is that it is a gamble no matter what he did. Say you pull him in the 9th and bring someone else in and they blow it. Everyone would wish he left Duplantair in. Obviously it was the wrong call being that we lost but at the time it was not a horrible decision given how he was doing in that game up to that point.

My point is that it is a gamble no matter what he did. Say you pull him in the 9th and bring someone else in and they blow it. Everyone would wish he left Duplantair in. Obviously it was the wrong call being that we lost but at the time it was not a horrible decision given how he was doing in that game up to that point.
Great point indeed. However, Dup has not pitched more than 2 consecutive innings all season and has a history of imploding.
He makes it through 3 looks good. So lets see if he can finish it. Top of the 9th lead off single. At that point, (considering his history) a good coach pulls him or no?

Reactions: DHHorn
Great point indeed. However, Dup has not pitched more than 2 consecutive innings all season and has a history of imploding.
He makes it through 3 looks good. So lets see if he can finish it. Top of the 9th lead off single. At that point, (considering his history) a good coach pulls him or no?
I am not a David Pierce fan. So I think everything is his fault. :)

Last edited:
Yes, as soon as the lead off gets on, you've got to go get him. In that situation, I'd rather pull him a couple of hitters too early versus 1 hitter too late. I don't know the exact pitch count each inning, but he struck out the side in the 6th and had 2 or 3 more strikeouts over the 7th and 8th. That tells you he's probably throwing 15 to 20 pitches per inning. That puts him around 45+ pitches through 3 innings. He's thrown 39 innings all year and Pierce expected him to throw 4 in 1 game.
I'm not blaming Dup at all. A good pitching coach knows his pitchers and knows when he needs to make a change. This all falls on Pierce's decision to take over the pitching staff. A good CEO doesn't get rid of his CFO so he can manage the accounting department while he performs all his other duties.

Obviously pull him knowing what we know. There is still a chance the next guy comes in and walks the bases loaded or something like that. A coach has to go with what he thinks is best. Pierce was wrong but I understand his reasoning.

Duplantier has a history and not a good one I have been wanting him to transfer for a long time now. Was I surprised he pitched well as long as he did, yes. But I was still skeptical and knew in back of my mind he was going to give up a homerun. As soon as I saw that ball go in the air, cause I was sitting on that side down the line I started yelling fffffffffuuuuuu. Pierce is an idiot and left him in there way to long, he did his job give him a pat in the back and bring in someone else. We also had someone in the bullpen warming up when Duplantier gave up that bomb, so Pierce had choices and choose the wrong one.

Duplantier has a history and not a good one I have been wanting him to transfer for a long time now. Was I surprised he pitched well as long as he did, yes. But I was still skeptical and knew in back of my mind he was going to give up a homerun. As soon as I saw that ball go in the air, cause I was sitting on that side down the line I started yelling fffffffffuuuuuu. Pierce is an idiot and left him in there way to long, he did his job give him a pat in the back and bring in someone else. We also had someone in the bullpen warming up when Duplantier gave up that bomb, so Pierce had choices and choose the wrong one.
Oh I agree 100%. The only way he would have seen the 9th would have been from the dugout if I was coaching. There’s NO WAY he should have been on the mound to start the 9th. BUT, if you’re gonna give him the chance, you’ve got to go get him as soon as he gives up a base runner. Pitching coaches are psychologist as much as they are coaches. Head coaches have to be CEOs. Totally different skill set.

Reactions: RoboCocks21
Well, off to aggy land for the regionals as a 2 seed. Hopefully they don’t do to us what we did to their softball team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT