ADVERTISEMENT

Official Longhorns v "I'm a man! I'm 40" thread

Apparently Vahe woke up puking...that couldn't have helped our already thin O Line...

This heartache will kill me sometime
Yea...i wish they would take a knee during the anthem so I could disown them. I have removed them from any future phone alerts so that is a plus. No bowl game again this year....

Vince and Colt had way better linemen than Ehlinger.

Vince had Will Allen, Jonathan Scott, and Justin Blalock.

Sam needs to grow up like right now! He's had enough games and big moments where the freshman mistakes should be all behind him. So far, he's fumbled at the 1 against USC, threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down against OU and now unexplicably lofts up a loaf of bread into the end zone handing OSU the game. There's absolutely no excuse to make that play. Just terrible. My only explanation would be that he possibly has a concussion and just doesn't know what is happening in the moment. They call way too many run plays for him. That's not good for him or our team. He's going to keep getting clobbered out there. Opposing defenses are just going to keep blitzing and pressuring him. I won't be surprised if we see Buechele next week.

Sam needs to grow up like right now! He's had enough games and big moments where the freshman mistakes should be all behind him. So far, he's fumbled at the 1 against USC, threw the ball out of bounds on 4th down against OU and now unexplicably lofts up a loaf of bread into the end zone handing OSU the game. There's absolutely no excuse to make that play. Just terrible. My only explanation would be that he possibly has a concussion and just doesn't know what is happening in the moment. They call way too many run plays for him. That's not good for him or our team. He's going to keep getting clobbered out there. Opposing defenses are just going to keep blitzing and pressuring him. I won't be surprised if we see Buechele next week.

Ok so you picked all the things he did wrong. What about him leading us to a winning TD against OU and USC and the defense losing the game. He can't win all the games by himself.

Reactions: weevilcatch
He's a true freshmen that's being asked to beat some damn good teams and if I'm not mistaken he's put us in winning positions with the other side just letting the offense go right down the field. Color me impressed that he's doing this without an OL and well he was just playing high school ball last year.

Last edited:
Ya gotta have your strong, healthy horses up front. Otherwise, its hard to pull the cart.

There also was more than one mistake (holding penalties and having an official crew that might have been retaliating because Franklins ran out of bbq when they were in line).

It is extremely difficult to assess players when you can’t block anyone.

We’ve been snake bitten when it comes to OLinemen.

At some point Sam is going to have to become a confident and consistent passing threat. He's nowhere near a passing threat because he has to constantly run for his life. We have incredible talent at the receiver position but can't get the ball down field because of our lack of pass protection. At the same time, Sam has to do a much better job of understanding and recognizing what the defense is trying to do. He's just getting by on pure grit and tenacity but at some point he needs to develop his skills as a quarterback that can dictate to the defense and keep them on their heels. I don't think I've ever seen him try to audible at the line of scrimmage. He just runs the play that was sent in. He should also know by now that he needs to stop holding the damn ball too long. Get rid of it quickly or throw it away.

If we get a "decent" O line then Ehlinger will be fine......run the ball just a little bit will open a whole new world for him. Defenses will have to respect the running game to open windows for Sam to throw to. Then again I'm worried even if we had a "decent" O line do we have the offensive coordinator to take advantage of it? I am not a Tim Beck fan

Texas has asked the kid to win against the top 15 teams in the country with an Oline you would have to consider below average .A young Qb needs time to read the defense and running game he can count on for a few yards when needed so does he have it???Myself and other Texas fans are impatient to get back to Texas winning ways but this Texas wine may have to remain in the cellar before its ready.

Last edited:
I'm watching other teams who drop back for a few seconds and then toss the ball toward the end zone for their WRs to go make plays. Why haven't we done this in the past three weeks?!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT