ADVERTISEMENT

**Official TEXAS vs I'm a MAN! I'M 40! thread of finality**

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Good morning my little rays of sunshine-- or should I say "moonshine"--- since it almost 2am.

Clob had a late night. For those of you that know- Clob has a Clob Jr coming any day now. For those that don't know-- Clob has a Clob Jr coming any day now.
Sounds repetitive...... get over it.

Today is a big day. I wrote a little essay about the possibilities of this season just before it started.
It was centered around the back foot. If you recall, I equated the fact that Quinn Ewers was a talented kid that had a propensity to throw incredibly accurately off his back foot. I also questioned how good he could become if he had the time or ability to throw off his front foot. This team, TEXAS, has also been playing on their back foot for over a decade. Imagine their potential if they were to lean into their season.

I told you that if they were to some how able to do that- this season could be special. I told you we'd need some breaks. I told you those breaks, be they good or bad, could define this potentially special season.

Well.

Here we are.

We had a bad break against OU. We scored to take the lead........ but left too much time on the clock. That's been our sole bad break for the year.
We've had some good things break our way as well. (The Houston game)
But now we need one or two more breaks to get us to the playoffs. After that-- it's a dice roll.

So let me tell you where we are. Right now, it's story time. Gather round kids.....

3 important things were invented by people from Oklahoma that at some point, attended OSU.
The parking meter.....the yield sign.... and the shopping cart.

Ya.

All invented by OSU grads or students that dropped out.

The parking meter
The yield sign
The shopping cart

I'm so fvcking underwhelmed right now I'm at a loss for something witty to say. The fvcking parking meter. The parking meter.....
Nothing I say this morning will change the outcome of our game. Or the Bama game. Or the Florida state game. But what I can tell you is this----

Texas ALMOST did everything it needed to do to get where we needed to be. And, quite frankly, we may still get there. But that's what this catastrophically beautiful ballet of attrition and violence is all about.
Football is a God damn beautiful game. It's poetry. It's violence. It's chaos. It's symmetry. It's art. It's the best of us at our worst moments.
I love it. I love it so---- damn--- much. And yet-- sometimes I hate it for making me love it.... so.... damn....much.

It's the most perfect symphony of athleticism and destruction weaved through a shuttle loom that produces a quilt of warmth on one side and stone cold omittance on the other.

It's an opiate. One that I hope to never ---to never absolve myself from.

Yes kids--- today is a big day. A VERY big day. Handle our business. Hope we get a break. And if something extra-ordinary happens- and we get our shot--- then crush them. Crush them all.

From my back patio looking up at the stars over San Antonio--

TEXAS!!

Last edited:
Aledo about to win it's 12th state title, Fight!!!!!

If anyone needs streaming info....

brother anyone GIF

Last edited:
Good luck today but if y’all find a way to bungle this easy layup I’m going full troll mode for the foreseeable future

• Haha
Reactions: diadevic
From the West bank of the mighty Brazos, in beautiful Brazoria County, with tamales in the oven and migas about to hit the skillet......TEXAS...!!!!

Reactions: westx
Damn Clob, 2am literature writing? I had already gotten up twice to urinate.
From north Austin at a friend’s house because Uverse sucks!!

FIGHT!!

28 years ago today
The horns defeated the aggies to win the last SWC title before they left for the Big XII.

28 years later
The horns will defeat Oklahoma State in their last year in the Big XII before they leave for the SEC.

Hookemhorns

Reactions: freeper
28 years ago today
The horns defeated the aggies to win the last SWC title before they left for the Big XII.

28 years later
The horns will defeat Oklahoma State in their last year in the Big XII before they leave for the SEC.

Hookemhorns
How much would anyone in here pay for the football that was on field when the final whistle blew on the SWC in College Station?

The actual football that was on the field when time ran out.....

I'm 100% serious...

From the City that invented the “Margarita”, which doesn’t compare to the joy gleaned from shoppjng carts and parking meters, but probably lightens the mood enough to have your girlfriend stroke you from high atop the mountain while watching a football game in the Sun Bowl.
FIGHT!

While lifting weights this morning I've had a epiphany.

In 1994 and 1995, Nebraska won the national titles. Back to back. In 1996, they were playing for a record 3rd straight.
A victory on the inaugural Big 12 championship over Texas would propel Nebraska to the title game to defend their title.
Instead-- Texas foiled them.

Fast forward a decade.
In 2003 and 2004 USC had won back to back titles. They were on their way to a record setting 3rd title in a row.

Fast forward 20 years. Georgia has won back to back titles. They are preparing to go for a record 3rd in a row.
If Alabama beats them today, and somehow Texas squeezes into the Playoffs, it will be in the place of Georgia. Thus giving Texas another opportunity to foil a bid at a 3rd straight title for a team.

In 1994 and 1995, Nebraska won the national titles. Back to back. In 1996, they were playing for a record 3rd straight.
A victory on the inaugural Big 12 championship over Texas would propel Nebraska to the title game to defend their title.

Fast forward a decade.
In 2003 and 2004 USC had won back to back titles. They were on their way to a record setting 3rd title in a row.

Fast forward 20 years. Georgia has won back to back titles. They are preparing to go for a record 3rd in a row.
If Alabama beats them today, and somehow Texas squeezes into the Playoffs, it will be in the place of Georgia. Thus giving Texas another opportunity to foil a bid at a 3rd straight title for a team.
So you're telling me theirs a chance..

Fast forward a decade.

Oh, nice. That would be awesome. Watch, this idea will pop up in a Chip Brown column tomorrow, if we win.

Got in a workout this morning, had sex with the wife, made some breakfast tacos, laundry's in the washer, and I'm sipping some coffee watching gameday ready to sit on the couch for rest of the day. Let's go, Hook 'em baby

Do it for BEVO! Let’s hang 70 on ‘em

Let’s go Texas. Keep da ball in the playmaker’s hands. That is all

Good luck to the Longhorn fans. As an OSU fan, I hope you lose today. But if not, I hope you get your deserved spot in the CFP. May the points be plentiful and the injuries few.

Reactions: okiehorn and westx
Good luck to the Longhorn fans. As an OSU fan, I hope you lose today. But if not, I hope you get your deserved spot in the CFP. May the points be plentiful and the injuries few.
Good luck to you as well, man. Now, Game On!

Got in a workout this morning, had sex with the wife, made some breakfast tacos, laundry's in the washer, and I'm sipping some coffee watching gameday ready to sit on the couch for rest of the day. Let's go, Hook 'em baby

Do it for BEVO! Let’s hang 70 on ‘em
Had to get my sex in last night. I wasn't sure how busy my morning would end up. :p

Now Sark---- don't take your foot off the pedal and boat race their fvcking ass.

Umm, receiver initiated contact all the way down the field. If you’re gonna let the offense shove and hand fight, don’t cry for a flag when the DBs are physical.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT