ADVERTISEMENT

*** Official TEXAS vs Purple Baylor Football thread***

Generally wheel routes are all or nothing, not a throw it up route and hope your guy beats the other guy. The route combos off of the wheel are meant to occupy the vacated area if the wheel is covered.

So, I'm going to disagree slightly here. I'll concede that Quinn could've waited a tick longer, but I'm also not calling this a "miss"
Agree to disagree then. There was no hope about it, Bijan had the guy beat regardless.

Agree to disagree then. There was no hope about it, Bijan had the guy beat regardless.

He didn't have him beat until well beyond the LOS. That is 100% fact. WTF

By that time the QB is beyond in progression. The ONLY argument here is if he should've given Bijan a second to beat his defender. Wheel routes aren't constructed to get a favorable 1v1 matchup. They're designed to be wide ass open.

He didn't have him beat until well beyond the LOS. That is 100% fact. WTF

By that time the QB is beyond in progression. The ONLY argument here is if he should've given Bijan a second to beat his defender. Wheel routes aren't constructed to get a favorable 1v1 matchup. They're designed to be wide ass open.
He was open and the protection was there. He panicked and hit his check down. Go back and watch it. It's ok if you disagree with me, I still respect your opinion.

Last edited:
He was open and the protection was there. He panicked and hit his check down. Go back and watch it.

I'm telling what the purpose of a wheel route is. I did watch it, and rewatched it. And I already stated, that I'd concede that he could've waited a tick longer to allow Bijan to get a bit deeper in his wheel, but when Quinn set his feet there was a defender in the area that should've been vacated. So he moved on to Sanders and got the 1st down. It is being highly over critical to blame anything that happened after on the QB. We bitch about Card in how slow he is to process and take sacks and then bitch about a QB going too quickly through his progressions.

This isn't for you personally (you seem to have some knowledge), but I'm done talking QB play on here and especially twitter. A bunch of warehouse workers trying to talk QB play has run its course. Everyone one of them played HS football and ran the damn wishbone, have never coached QBs, never coordinated pass plays, etc. It is irritating. Not a damn one them know anything about of which they speak. Just regurgitating what they hear on NFL Countdown, smfh.

Reactions: hookem777
I'm telling what the purpose of a wheel route is. I did watch it, and rewatched it. And I already stated, that I'd concede that he could've waited a tick longer to allow Bijan to get a bit deeper in his wheel, but when Quinn set his feet there was a defender in the area that should've been vacated. So he moved on to Sanders and got the 1st down. It is being highly over critical to blame anything that happened after on the QB. We bitch about Card in how slow he is to process and take sacks and then bitch about a QB going too quickly through his progressions.

This isn't for you personally (you seem to have some knowledge), but I'm done talking QB play on here and especially twitter. A bunch of warehouse workers trying to talk QB play has run its course. Everyone one of them played HS football and ran the damn wishbone, have never coached QBs, never coordinated pass plays, etc. It is irritating. Not a damn one them know anything about of which they speak. Just regurgitating what they hear on NFL Countdown, smfh.
I feel you on that last paragraph. Twitter is a toxic place. I only go there for sports news. I don't engage with anybody there because it's full of outlandish bullshit.

Reactions: weevilcatch

Preach

• Haha
Reactions: weevilcatch
I'll tell you guys this Dak sucks and I'm a Cowboys fan ill say it
We can agree to disagree on that one. He's not an elite QB but he's an above average QB. You don't go 55-34 as a starting QB in the NFL and suck. I think some of you guys have amnesia and seem to forget how bad the QBs were from Aikman to Romo. Now that was the definition of suck.

We can agree to disagree on that one. He's not an elite QB but he's an above average QB. You don't go 55-34 as a starting QB in the NFL and suck. I think some of you guys have amnesia and seem to forget how bad the QBs were from Aikman to Romo. Now that was the definition of suck.
I think we all can agree, the cowgirls suck.

Well from his draft Class there isn't many qbs left.....we can definitely agree to disagree

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT