ADVERTISEMENT

Oh nooooo.....we suck again

With the OK St. win today we finish 4th in the Conference. Another extension for Tom?

Reactions: westx
Who is the backup or heir apparent? Did any other qb see any action this year? I don't remember it if they did.

Casey Thompson saw some action. He's a perfect fit for this program. Incredibly mediocre.

It is going to be Hudson Card vs. Ja'Quinden Jackson IMO. Both are very similar QBs in that they are both legit dual threat QBs. Both can break tackles and are very athletic when it comes to running the football. Jackson is thicker, but he did tear his ACL. Card tore up his toe, or foot. So both have an injury history.

Whichever QB can handle the offense, huddle, and hit receivers will win the job. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing them split time the first 5-6 games and then pick one to move forward with the next 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 years.

Reactions: diadevic
Casey Thompson saw some action. He's a perfect fit for this program. Incredibly mediocre.

It is going to be Hudson Card vs. Ja'Quinden Jackson IMO. Both are very similar QBs in that they are both legit dual threat QBs. Both can break tackles and are very athletic when it comes to running the football. Jackson is thicker, but he did tear his ACL. Card tore up his toe, or foot. So both have an injury history.

Whichever QB can handle the offense, huddle, and hit receivers will win the job. Honestly wouldn't mind seeing them split time the first 5-6 games and then pick one to move forward with the next 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 years.
Thompson sounds like his brother that signed with OU several years back, he ended up transferring to Snow JC I think. He just didn't have the talent to play at a big school.

This can be laid at Chris Del Conte's feet. He has been here long enough to set the culture. Herman needs to be restrained. He can take away his headset and be held away from any decisions on offense. Ash and Yurcich are serviceable. CDC may be a little soft.

Reports are saying that CDC is not making the decision of whether Herman stays or goes. It’s up to the president and the board of regents. Basically all CDC does is fundraise and try to keep the BMDs happy. CDC made the statement thinking it would help recruiting going into NSD but doesn’t really confirm Herman will not be fired.
The problem is that Texas has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. When they all want different things nothing gets done. Think how congress operates, that is Texas behind the scenes.

Reports are saying that CDC is not making the decision of whether Herman stays or goes. It’s up to the president and the board of regents. Basically all CDC does is fundraise and try to keep the BMDs happy. CDC made the statement thinking it would help recruiting going into NSD but doesn’t really confirm Herman will not be fired.
The problem is that Texas has too many chiefs and not enough Indians. When they all want different things nothing gets done. Think how congress operates, that is Texas behind the scenes.

I am freaking sick and tired of posts that refer to "reports" without any link. Post a link or at least have the integrity to say that you are just participating in spreading gossip.

I am freaking sick and tired of posts that refer to "reports" without any link. Post a link or at least have the integrity to say that you are just participating in spreading gossip.

People post articles from paysites on Surlyhorns. Bobby Burton, Nahlin, etc... I don’t subscribe to any of those so I can’t post the link. Go to Surly and read the Urban Meyer thread.

People post articles from paysites on Surlyhorns. Bobby Burton, Nahlin, etc... I don’t subscribe to any of those so I can’t post the link. Go to Surly and read the Urban Meyer thread.
If you cannot post a link, then please do not post or at least clarify what your source is. It will help you differentiate yourself from idiots who just want type something because they like they have to.

so reallyJimbo was really the only guy that truly took a huge money deal to jump from once school to another and had no real other reason to. So seems to me one of the problemsTexas has is there isn’t a lot of coaches out there with ties to the University that are going to be drawn to it for anything other than money, or they are just sick of where they are.

Hold on there cowboy! Where did Jimbo leave from to go to aTm?...He was in fact unemployed after having quit at FSU with a losing record....in the middle of the season. With 2 games left he walked off the job.

I wish Herman would walk off the job.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
If you cannot post a link, then please do not post or at least clarify what your source is. It will help you differentiate yourself from idiots who just want type something because they like they have to.

Or you could disregard and count it as being an "idiot" instead of lecturing.

Is'nt Jackson a project as a passer? Those guys almost never work out.

Card may b

I mean...ish. He isn't as polished, but he is accurate. He is a run first kid though.

Need a pass first QB who can run good enough vs. a run first QB whose a poor passer. If we go with the poor passer the WRs on this team will be going to the portal (eagles, smith, Moore, Whit, etc.). You cannot win in college today without a good passing QB and passing game.

Need a pass first QB who can run good enough vs. a run first QB whose a poor passer. If we go with the poor passer the WRs on this team will be going to the portal (eagles, smith, Moore, Whit, etc.). You cannot win in college today without a good passing QB and passing game.

Run first doesn't mean you're a poor passer. But I don't know. I don't go to practice. All I know is the kid threw it well in HS and he was accurate.

Lighten up, I'm just commenting on a free message board, not trying to win a pulitzer. Don't read it if it bothers you so much.

Reactions: weevilcatch
ADVERTISEMENT