ADVERTISEMENT

Oh please no....

I'm all for conference realignment. We know its coming and the Big 12 most likely will be blown up when the GOR expires. To be honest, is there a perfect scenario for Texas? Not really. The Big 10 is better than the Pac 12 or ACC, and I don't think UT has a desire for any potential to join the $EC. The Big 10 probably makes the most sense.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
I'm all for conference realignment. We know its coming and the Big 12 most likely will be blown up when the GOR expires. To be honest, is there a perfect scenario for Texas? Not really. The Big 10 is better than the Pac 12 or ACC, and I don't think UT has a desire for any potential to join the $EC. The Big 10 probably makes the most sense.

The carpet baggers to the north want access to Texas. I saw we let OU go north and cut them off. Go west young man.... at least Cali has an equal amount of talent to pull from. The mid west is creating a huge sucking sound in more ways than one. They want Texas talent with little offered in return. We don't need them. They are making a power play through OU to try to get us to bite. I prefer playing in Lubbock compared to some corn or soybean patch.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Things ebb and flow. What is today doesn't mean it'll be that way 5 or 10 years from now. Logistics and time zones are also given consideration. I don't think the UT brass wants to be going to the west coast and playing games starting at 9:30PM.

Things ebb and flow. What is today doesn't mean it'll be that way 5 or 10 years from now. Logistics and time zones are also given consideration. I don't think the UT brass wants to be going to the west coast and playing games starting at 9:30PM.

What about football games-baseball games in -20 Fahrenheit?

What about football games-baseball games in -20 Fahrenheit?
These are money decisions, which means they are football decisions. College baseball is an afterthought on this stuff.

I agree with you about going to the PAC 12 without OU being your better path. PAC12 would be much weaker than BIG10. BIG10 with OU would be a very tough playoff path. But since the playoff committee let OU in this year, why not just stay in the BIG12? Seems like the easiest path of the 3, although PAC12 wouldn't be much tougher.

Reactions: LonghornMM
These are money decisions, which means they are football decisions. College baseball is an afterthought on this stuff.

I agree with you about going to the PAC 12 without OU being your better path. PAC12 would be much weaker than BIG10. BIG10 with OU would be a very tough playoff path. But since the playoff committee let OU in this year, why not just stay in the BIG12? Seems like the easiest path of the 3, although PAC12 wouldn't be much tougher.

The article is stating that tier1/2 monies are going to be a big drop off when new contract comes into being for Big 12 schools. Really?? For Texas?? I say go independent and turn the LHN into a major network beyond Big 12 athletics.

Have any of you seen the West Conference of the Big 10? That's some boring ass football. Wiscy, MINNESOTA, INDIANA, ILLINOIS, IOWA, and UNDUE PERVERSITY. PLeAsE NO! I also see significant hurdles in the Texas state legislature. Aggy got out when the getting was good. At least in the PAC there are gorgeous destinations..... not the back end of a John Deere.

Reactions: diadevic
The article is stating that tier1/2 monies are going to be a big drop off when new contract comes into being for Big 12 schools. Really?? For Texas?? I say go independent and turn the LHN into a major network beyond Big 12 athletics.
In the end, money will drive your decision. I do wonder if being able to win more games is part of the thought process.

Commitment to football on the west coast is pathetic, but money is more important than passion on these deals. The PAC12 championship was embarrassing. $8 tickets & still 50K empty seats. You guys could win big against those schools, they don't give a F about sports.

Have any of you seen the West Conference of the Big 10? That's some boring ass football. Wiscy, MINNESOTA, INDIANA, ILLINOIS, IOWA, and UNDUE PERVERSITY. PLeAsE NO! I also see significant hurdles in the Texas state legislature. Aggy got out when the getting was good.
In the end, money will drive your decision. I do wonder if being able to win more games is part of the thought process.

Commitment to football on the west coast is pathetic, but money is more important than passion on these deals. The PAC12 championship was embarrassing. $8 tickets & still 50K empty seats. You guys could win big against those schools, they don't give a F about sports.

I'd go SEC before B1G. Plus I'd take many of the Texas schools with us over that crap listed above. We'd have more of those Yankees down here at our high school games. No thanks.

There are 153,000 farmers, 153,000 tractors, 85,000 combines, 327 crop dusters, untold numbers of pheasant, and the Ogalala aquifer in nebraska that are like "awww hell nah!".

Never the SEC. Just not a good fit intellectually. Pac 12 and Big 10 are only options. Latter would be better due to game times.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Wooooo hoooooo all those teams with I's on their helmets. I can't wait to see those games. I guess we'll be dropping swimming and tennis for men's and women wrestling/hockey?:rolleyes:

I guess this would put the rest of the teams in the Big 12 save WVU in the PAC or some combination...... TTU and OSU to the SEC? I really hate this. All the old rivalries exchanged for cash and pheasant.

Last edited:
The Big 12 is a shell of its former self. While it’s not desirable, a situation getting into the Big 10 stabilizes TX long term conference standing wise. Plus they already have a rivalry brewing with Ohio state. It would appease the academic side and be a win for athletics as well. The Big 10 wants to one up the SEC and hate the fact they get left out of the playoffs. They’ll do what’s necessary to increase their chances of getting not one but two teams in the playoffs. TX and OU helps in that regard and also opens recruiting doors and adds eyes to the tv. By the time this might happen I see the playoffs going to 8 teams and having 4 16 team conferences.

The Big 12 is a shell of its former self. While it’s not desirable, a situation getting into the Big 10 stabilizes TX long term conference standing wise. Plus they already have a rivalry brewing with Ohio state. It would appease the academic side and be a win for athletics as well. The Big 10 wants to one up the SEC and hate the fact they get left out of the playoffs. They’ll do what’s necessary to increase their chances of getting not one but two teams in the playoffs. TX and OU helps in that regard and also opens recruiting doors and adds eyes to the tv. By the time this might happen I see the playoffs going to 8 teams and having 4 16 team conferences.

I really don't see how it happens. Without Texas, I doubt any deal gets done on the west side of the US for the PAC 16. This will set CFB into disarray.

FB that would be great. Who else besides Oklahoma would play your asses on a regular basis? Y’all are arrogant pricks!! Hence the demise of the Big 12

But, we are rich arrogant pricks! Money talks ! Other school just have dreams of what we have and they never will have...

Hook'em

The contract for the LHN ends in 2031. There is language in there that protects ESPNs investment. ESPN would hold our tier 3 rights until the contract expires and they would have the right to match any offer on other rights should we leave the Big 12. The grant of rights is through June 2025 so a potential suitor would have to do without our tier 3 rights for their conference network for 6 years unless its the SEC or ACC. ESPN already has First and Second Tier agreements with the other conferences but I don't know if it would affect the Fox and or CBS deals should we move.

The contract for the LHN ends in 2031. There is language in there that protects ESPNs investment. ESPN would hold our tier 3 rights until the contract expires and they would have the right to match any offer on other rights should we leave the Big 12. The grant of rights is through June 2025 so a potential suitor would have to do without our tier 3 rights for their conference network for 6 years unless its the SEC or ACC. ESPN already has First and Second Tier agreements with the other conferences but I don't know if it would affect the Fox and or CBS deals should we move.

ESPN-Disney want out. The LHN is losing money.

Reactions: CaptainZigZag
Sure would miss it! I watch a ton of basketball and baseball on there. Not to mention that last aggy ass whipping over and over and over.

If Texas and OU went to the Big 10 there would be five of the eight blue bloods in one conference. That’s insane! Currently the Big 10 and Big 12 are the only conferences with more than one blue blood.

If Texas and OU went to the Big 10 there would be five of the eight blue bloods in one conference. That’s insane! Currently the Big 10 and Big 12 are the only conferences with more than one blue blood.
Serious question. What are the requirements to be a blue blood, can a program ever lose it's blue blood status & who are the 8 blue blood programs. Thanks

Serious question. What are the requirements to be a blue blood, can a program ever lose it's blue blood status & who are the 8 blue blood programs. Thanks

Maybe when you stop comparing all your accomplishments to a blue blood you’ll finally be one. Right now all I see is aggys measuring themselves to what others are doing. As long as you are doing that you will not be one. No one is saying “we need to be like aggy”, and that is the criteria. Others need to look up to you.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT