ADVERTISEMENT

Oh please no....

Maybe when you stop comparing all your accomplishments to a blue blood you’ll finally be one. Right now all I see is aggys measuring themselves to what others are doing. As long as you are doing that you will not be one. No one is saying “we need to be like aggy”, and that is the criteria. Others need to look up to you.

This. Same thing with Texans fans. They continually compare and measure themselves against the Cowboys. Its embarrassing for both a&m and the Texans.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Not aggy. Not lsu.
So there are the super elite: Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, ND & USC, which are obvious. The more fringe blue bloods are were I was looking for clarification. It feels like there are 5 no brainer blue bloods, and then a bunch of debatable fringe blue bloods. Could not understand how the number was 8? Depends on the definition of blue blood, and how blue the blood has to be. You guys are definitely in if you take 10.

Last edited:
So there are the super elite: Alabama, Ohio State, Oklahoma, ND & USC, which are obvious. The more fringe blue bloods are were I was looking for clarification. It feels like there are 5 no brainer blue bloods, and then a bunch of debatable fringe blue bloods. Could not understand how the number was 8? Depends on the definition of blue blood, and how blue the blood has to be. You guys are definitely in if you take 10.

It’s not all about success on the field. Ask yourself which teams are hated the most throughout the country. There are teams in every sport that you either love or hate, no in between. For example Texas, most people hate Texas. Not many really hate A&M, because they really don’t care that much about A&M to have an opinion. It’s the teams that everyone circles on their calendar and wants nothing more than to beat them. It doesn’t matter if they are down that year or not, they’ll say “look, we beat ____”. It’s the teams that others measure their success against.

It’s not all about success on the field. Ask yourself which teams are hated the most throughout the country. There are teams in every sport that you either love or hate, no in between. For example Texas, most people hate Texas. Not many really hate A&M, because they really don’t care that much about A&M to have an opinion. It’s the teams that everyone circles on their calendar and wants nothing more than to beat them. It doesn’t matter if they are down that year or not, they’ll say “look, we beat ____”. It’s the teams that others measure their success against.
So Alabama is The Blue Blood. Everyone hates those bastards, and no one can come close to measuring up.

Generally, a .700 winning percentage in a p5 conference with lots of conference titles. Sprinkle in mnc's and heismans.

ESPN-Disney want out. The LHN is losing money.

LHN lost almost 50 million in the first few years but it was profitable in 2016, 17 and most likely will be profitable again this year. No way Disney walks early until they recoup those initial losses. Now if there is a downtown and its not longer profitable I can see Disney wanting out but will Texas want to give up on the money?

LHN lost almost 50 million in the first few years but it was profitable in 2016, 17 and most likely will be profitable again this year. No way Disney walks early until they recoup those initial losses. Now if there is a downtown and its not longer profitable I can see Disney wanting out but will Texas want to give up on the money?

Dunno, the article said the LHN was no longer an issue.

I'm not sure how clued in an reporter from OU insider is into the thinking at ESPN. Nothing is going to happen until 2025. No league is going to take a new school without its media rights. That leaves roughly 6 years of LHN contract. Based on current revenues The LHN won't be at the break even point by the end of the GOR in 2025. If we do go to a new conference ESPN will probably want to recoup their investment plus any projected profits. It's not iron clad like a GOR but its not going to be cheap either. Probably in the 30-40 million dollar range. Either that or they just decide to live with the LHN until 2031

Reactions: freeper
I'm not sure how clued in an reporter from OU insider is into the thinking at ESPN. Nothing is going to happen until 2025. No league is going to take a new school without its media rights. That leaves roughly 6 years of LHN contract. Based on current revenues The LHN won't be at the break even point by the end of the GOR in 2025. If we do go to a new conference ESPN will probably want to recoup their investment plus any projected profits. It's not iron clad like a GOR but its not going to be cheap either. Probably in the 30-40 million dollar range. Either that or they just decide to live with the LHN until 2031

It's leaking from someone inside the B1G main office. Fun days in the Big 12.

Serious question. What are the requirements to be a blue blood, can a program ever lose it's blue blood status & who are the 8 blue blood programs. Thanks
The blue bloods of college football are (in alphabetical order):
Alabama
Michigan
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Southern Cal
Texas

It's not my opinion just the facts of college football. No, you cannot lose blue blood status (yes, Nebraska has been down for a while but it doesn't matter)

And yes aggies, no matter how much you don't want it, Texas is a blue blood.

The blue bloods of college football are (in alphabetical order):
Alabama
Michigan
Nebraska
Notre Dame
Ohio State
Oklahoma
Southern Cal
Texas

It's not my opinion just the facts of college football. No, you cannot lose blue blood status (yes, Nebraska has been down for a while but it doesn't matter)

And yes aggies, no matter how much you don't want it, Texas is a blue blood.
Hmmmm...not sure about the ‘can’t lose blue blood status’. I believe Yale was once blue blood. They have the third most wins of any program. They’re not blue bloods now. Possibly Minnesota as well. Consistency over time reveals who is blue blood.

Hmmmm...not sure about the ‘can’t lose blue blood status’. I believe Yale was once blue blood. They have the third most wins of any program. They’re not blue bloods now. Possibly Minnesota as well. Consistency over time reveals who is blue blood.

Ok, then scratch Nebraska and Michigan. They have been irrelevant for 20 years. ND hasn't won a Natty in 30 years. Oklahoma hasn't won a natty in almost 20 years. The real Blue Blood designation is green and television sets, fyi.

Let's keep this to the original topic please. If you want a blue blood discussion, start a new thread.

Last edited:
Btw, this appears to be going down. I expect the next Texas and OK leg. sessions to be about college football. Can I get some property tax relief?

This dude appears to be some sort of b1g insider. He is leaking info.. Is he to be believed? Idk.. Anyway, bears watching.

https://twitter.com/flugempire

Last edited:
If it was not for players from the state of Texas then OU is not playing for Championships and by the way ,the last two heisman come from: Appreciate that fact.

Welcome to the 20th century. OU has Texas high school players for a long time. Switzer loves Texas recruiting. One of Texas two Heisman winners is from California. OU has three from Oklahoma. Anyway it’s called freedom.

Go Independent! we don't need the money! Play who we pick

Hook'em
It's an option. Although we'd have to put up with the same arguments against Norte Dame making the playoffs without playing a conference championship game

Also, I can see many programs reluctant to schedule us. Although scheduling Texas will boost their ticket sales (More money), It'll make their path to the playoffs tougher.

From my understanding Norte Dame (reference them since their independent) has an agreement with ACC (proximity), a few big 10 schools (proximity) and has USC and Stanford (their marquee games BUT travel cross country) locked in for a while. If we mirror that, we'd most likely still play many Big 12 schools and SEC west teams. Then go after and lock in Big name programs; Michigan, Ohio State, Clemson, Florida, etc. USC, Stanford probably not an option since they're tied to ND. However Texas and Norte Dame will definitely play every year, since they would both be Big names and Independent.

ADVERTISEMENT