ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State and Urban be troublin'

The Longhorns’ second-year head coach admitted his wife knew of the strip club trip when he addressed the subject Thursday after practice. "What was reported was four-and-a-half years ago when I was an assistant coach," Herman told local media Thursday. "My wife knew exactly where I was and had no issue with it. I'm happy to cooperate, and be honest, truthful and transparent with the NCAA if they so need me to be. But I understand the responsibility that comes with being the head coach at the University of Texas, and I take that responsibility very, very seriously. Right now, that responsibility includes me being laser-like focused on preparing our team to win a game in less than 48 hours in Washington D.C."

Paul Finebaum commented on the Tom Herman story. He basically treated tOSU with contempt. He said they have not come forth about anything regarding Urban Meyer but they give a full scale accounting of Zach Smith, Tom Herman, and a couple of high school coaches in FL going to a t&a bar. There are people in Columbus who still think Herman tipped off the Zach Smith story even though Brett Mcmurphy (sic?) said he wasn't.

But the topper was Finebaum saying that tOSU would not have won the nc without Tom Herman especially because of the way coach Herman handled the Cardale Jones issue.

On a different note Bomani Jones a tv talking head who I have a lot of respect for said money was another factor in Urban Meyer staying in Columbus. He said the buyout would be about $38 million. You know that makes sense as to why he's still there. But guys this story isn't over not by a long shot. If more stuff about Urban Meyer comes out they may not have to pay him $38 mil could be a lot less. Stay tuned

Reactions: LonghornMM
You must have just ended your shift at Jack in the Box so now you can get back to the message boardn' gibberish that you started this morning

Damn @Belldozer1 ....you owe me a new keyboard...I was laughing so hard I spewed coffee all over it....you win the interwebs for today....

Paul Finebaum commented on the Tom Herman story. He basically treated tOSU with contempt. He said they have not come forth about anything regarding Urban Meyer but they give a full scale accounting of Zach Smith, Tom Herman, and a couple of high school coaches in FL going to a t&a bar. There are people in Columbus who still think Herman tipped off the Zach Smith story even though Brett Mcmurphy (sic?) said he wasn't.

But the topper was Finebaum saying that tOSU would not have won the nc without Tom Herman especially because of the way coach Herman handled the Cardale Jones issue.

On a different note Bomani Jones a tv talking head who I have a lot of respect for said money was another factor in Urban Meyer staying in Columbus. He said the buyout would be about $38 million. You know that makes sense as to why he's still there. But guys this story isn't over not by a long shot. If more stuff about Urban Meyer comes out they may not have to pay him $38 mil could be a lot less. Stay tuned
Would they of owed him the 38 million if they fired him with cause?

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Good question i guess it depends on what's in the contract.
Well there is a clause in the contract that he must report conduct like this. I assume that stands for not just the players but the staff as well. Maybe that’s not the case.

The story isn’t going away but the report gave Meyer an out though. By putting in there is “significant memory loss” they can have a great season(potentially) and then Meyer can have “health issues” again ride off in the sunset and then OSU can try to lure another big fish. I bet money on it playing out like that.

The only thing Herman knew was the he wanted to get out of that shit show in Columbus ASAP. Can’t say I blame him, being as overrated as they are. Now some are saying that OSU has one of the best Dlines in cfb led by that honky scrub Bosa. OU made him look like a 2nd string jv player last year. He must have had one heck of an offseason to garner the preseason props he’s getting.

Wow, this thread is really something. Pretty sad, really...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT