ADVERTISEMENT

OK/Houston on national tv?

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
This doesn't make sense to me. At all. Houston just fired their coach. In the Fort Worth bowl, West Point dropped 70 on them. What's OK going to do to them? And it won't even matter who the OK qb is at least not in this game.The OK defense has a chance of limiting UH to 21 to 24 points. Surely there are better matchups to put on national tv than this game. Go figure.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
This doesn't make sense to me. At all. Houston just fired their coach. In the Fort Worth bowl, West Point dropped 70 on them. What's OK going to do to them? And it won't even matter who the OK qb is at least not in this game.The OK defense has a chance of limiting UH to 21 to 24 points. Surely there are better matchups to put on national tv than this game. Go figure.

Cause they are afraid to play Army again!

No.5 OU survives Army 28-21 in overtime

Plus Hurts will be a Hiesman candidate from name recognition alone. The storyline will be about can Riley make a passer out of Hurts.

Last edited:
Ehlinger will have a better season than Hurts.

It's our defense, in particular our lb crew that is going to cost us some games.

Last edited:
Tk

OK will score at least 60, more if they feel like it.

OR/Auburn play opening weekend that's a better matchup than this one.

there's more than one station. in fact, almost every game is available nationally. if this is THE abc game on saturday night, ok... well, oklahoma is a national brand. houston has the gonzaga little engine that could reputation. auburn is #2 in its own state and oregon has gone back to being a regional program, for now at least.

It doesnt make sense to you? I think having an ex big 12 coach at the helm will give some intrigue.

But, tell me, what matchup that day would get a better tv rating? And pay extra attention to my question.

It doesnt make sense to you? I think having an ex big 12 coach at the helm will give some intrigue.

But, tell me, what matchup that day would get a better tv rating? And pay extra attention to my question.

First let me say that the Labor Day weekend is synonymous with the opening weekend to the start of the college fb season. There's a lot of games on tv that weekend. But the best time slot during that time is Sunday night on prime time. There's no other games on and the NFL season hasn't started. So they chose OK/UH.

Look I get it. Lincoln Riley has been there 2 years and has 2 Heisman winners. And now his new qb is a transfer from Alabama. But it's still just one game in September against a team that doesn't belong on the same field with OK.

I don't know if it's the best matchup that weekend. OK maybe a blueblood but UH definitely isn't. And we won't know what game will have the best ratings till later.

But as I said above this game is a mismatch.

First let me say that the Labor Day weekend is synonymous with the opening weekend to the start of the college fb season. There's a lot of games on tv that weekend. But the best time slot during that time is Sunday night on prime time. There's no other games on and the NFL season hasn't started. So they chose OK/UH.

Look I get it. Lincoln Riley has been there 2 years and has 2 Heisman winners. And now his new qb is a transfer from Alabama. But it's still just one game in September against a team that doesn't belong on the same field with OK.

I don't know if it's the best matchup that weekend. OK maybe a blueblood but UH definitely isn't. And we won't know what game will have the best ratings till later.

But as I said above this game is a mismatch.

You should have just kept it simple. There are no other games being played sunday. It's the best matchup that day (you know, because there are no other games). So it's as simple as that. Not sure what you mean by "So they chose OK/UH". Who is they? Because everything I've read suggests this was a decision made by OU (and to a lesser degree, houston) because they are understandably uninterested in an 11 am kickoff. I thought my question was rather simple and deserving of a simple answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT