ADVERTISEMENT

OKC takes game 1 in Oakland

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
and Russell Westbrook was the reason why. What a game especially in the second half. 12 assists, 7 steals almost all of them in the second half. They were making a big deal out of KD missing 7 straight shots in the fourth quarter but he was not a 0 for 7 shooter when the Thunder needed him. With 90 seconds to go he hit the shot that put it away. This is what I've been wanting to see from OKC all season. The team that led the NBA in games lost when ahead at the end of the third quarter is putting that rep in the grave. They started changing that in Game 2 against the Spurs and they continued it tonight this time against the defending champs. The entire team is finally getting involved and we're seeing the results.

And I'm telling ya the Warriors do not like to play physical. At all. When a teams offense is built around three point shooting you have to be physical with them bump, push, and bang. Challenge them physically and you saw what happened in the second half. They were 6 for 23 in the fourth quarter, including 1 for 10 from three point range. You do not have to be Michael Jordan to figure this out. Also they started challenging their passing game and guess what? The Warriors had 11 turnovers in the second half to OKC's two. They ended up with more to's than the Thunder who would have ever thought that. The Spurs did this when they beat the Warriors in March and they held them to 79 points. In the second half the Thunder held them to 42.

OKC is bigger and stronger than the Warriors. And contrary to what the press out here in the Bsy Area thinks they're probably more athletic. Russ said the Thunder didn't even play their best game tonight and he's right. But they played great for a team on the road in the conference finals. They won two in a row in San Antonio where the Spurs were 43-1. They won tonight in Oakland where the Warriors were 45-2. If OKC plays even better and plays to their advantages we could be in for a big surprise people.

KD contrary to what some people say I think I've always loved your game. Russ was the star tonight but you were the one that put it away. Game 2 Wednesday night.

That was a huge win. I said OKC needed to win game one, and they did it. I would say it looks really good because KD didn't even play that well, but GS also struggled shooting the 3. Two things both teams can expect to improve. So who knows what happens from here, but at least doubt shouldn't be creeping in the mind of OKC now.

KD got mauled on at least 2 of the 7 missed shots. How the refs didn't call a foul, we'll never know. I focused on KD's defense on some of the possessions and it was excellent-which stalled the Warriors 3 pt machine. I wanted to look at it more closely but, I was too busy watching the game. His long arms and mobility makes it hard for any offensive player. Nonetheless, it was a great game.

I've been hoping for a different Finals matchup. This win breathes some life into that possibility.

KD got mauled on at least 2 of the 7 missed shots. How the refs didn't call a foul, we'll never know. I focused on KD's defense on some of the possessions and it was excellent-which stalled the Warriors 3 pt machine. I wanted to look at it more closely but, I was too busy watching the game. His long arms and mobility makes it hard for any offensive player. Nonetheless, it was a great game.

Before last night, you were one of the few that actually thought OKC had a chance, and that was the case, even against the Spurs. Good call...way not to simply repeat what the media says before a game. Lot of basketball to be played, but that was a big win for OKC.

Reactions: westx
Before last night, you were one of the few that actually thought OKC had a chance, and that was the case, even against the Spurs. Good call...way not to simply repeat what the media says before a game. Lot of basketball to be played, but that was a big win for OKC.
Do you know what was up with Adam's hand? I googled it last night, but, an old injury came up. It looked like it was bothering him at times but, he toughed it out.

Do you know what was up with Adam's hand? I googled it last night, but, an old injury came up. It looked like it was bothering him at times but, he toughed it out.

The tv people said he had a sprained thumb. But Steven Adams is a tough guy, one of the toughest in the NBA. He's the biggest surprise in the playoffs. If he can develop his offensive game he could be the best center in the NBA. It would also make him that third scorer that KD and Russ need. He's a strong as an ox. His agility, and quickness, are underrated. He's got the intangibles, besides being tough, he doesn't get flustered, and he's capable of being underneath the opponents skin. The Warrior most vulnerable to this is Draymond Green and those two will be matched up a lot. If the Thunder start playing better it's a certainty DG will lose it and get T'd up. Although he's not a good free throw shooter he's come through when it mattered most and last night he hit his last six, and two of those came when the Warriors intentionally fouled him. And finally he's definitely one of the leagues most unique personalities. You don't get a bunch jock clichés when you interview this guy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heisennberg

He actually hurt it in game 6 against the Spurs, but he fell on it twice last night, and it became swollen.

OKC will win the series by accomplishing 2 things. 1) Westbrook will have to dish 10 plus assist a game, PERIOD. 2) If you live by the 3, you die by the 3. GSM shoot too many 3s. Contest the 3s and don't allow the dribble penatration, GAME OVER.

Reactions: outhereincali
Easier said than done, to do both. One is bound to suffer, if you're doing the other well. Amirait? (Seriously, though. I'm no BB guy. Am I right?)

Yeah pretty much what I was thinking. It's kind of pick your poison. If you're rushing out to defend against 3, it's hard to prevent penetrating the lane. Of you're protecting the lane, it's hard to defend 3s. Me personally, against GS I'd be more concerned with the 3 ball. If they drive hope your athletic bigs can alter enough shots.

Reactions: outhereincali
Contest the 3s and don't allow the dribble penatration, GAME OVER.
I am not joking, but when I read the above statement, it comes out in Dennis Hopper's voice from his part in Hoosiers. Not a slight at all on your post, cwill.

I saw where Steven Adams made an inappropriate remark when he called Golden State's guard quick little monkeys. Now I saw a you tube clip on first take where Sterling Sharpe and Skip Bayless weighed in. SB got into his all to often pious platitude. Sharpe spoke thoughtfully and did he was willing to give Adams a pass on this one because he was from New Zealand and was not familiar with how some things are interpreted in America.

Adams himself acknowledged this saying that he was still assimilating into American culture and said his remarks were..... I believe careless was the word he used. I agree with Sterling. What makes Adams such an interesting interview is his description and how he sees things in the United States. I don't know is how tropical is NZ? Maybe that's why he said it. Anyone else have a thought about this?

Predictions for Game 2?

I'm picking the Thunder because I'm a fan but I'm worried that it's me wanting to believe it.

Will KD have a big night? How many do you think he'll score?

I say OKC 115
GSW 108

I say KD goes for 35

Last edited:
Contest the 3s is exactly putting a hand in the players face. OKC has the length to do that but has the length in the paint to protect the drive with Adams and the other big. The key to OKC is Westbrook. He has to play like a point guard but score. KD needs to play like KD

In regards to the Thunder having some controversial calls going their own way. Yes they did but hey its the playoffs and when you get this deep you have the best refs doing the games and the unspoken rule is play on. On Monday night the refs said they didn't have a good look and it was a bad call. But when you're the defending champs, when you go 73/9, you're often the beneficiary of controversial calls. And looking back those last few seconds of game 2 in the Spurs/Thunder game was crazy. I read where the league office said that while the Spurs should never been given the ball they committed a few fouls of their own. No controversial calls tonight boys let's whip them, no excuses for them.

Durant is on fire. Gotta cut out the stupid mistakes.

Anybody else just dying to see that shit talking punk bitch draymond green take a big elbow to the face from Steven Adams?

So Curry can slam the ball down while arguing in a ref's face...nothing. Durant makes a gesture after a crap foul call and gets a T. #rigged

Last edited:
Don't worry if it gets heated its a certainty that Draymond Green will lose it. But for all the critics who say that the Thunder have been gifted by the zebras did you notice that DG intentionally put a knee to Adams' nuts and not get called? Like they say playoff bb, playoff officiating.

KD had a solid game but Steph Curry got on one of his runs and the Warrior defense collapsed on KD denying him the ball, and when that happened the game got out of hand. On Monday night everyone on OKC got involved, tonight nobody was there for KD when he was lighting it up.

I just can't believe that a team that is mostly finesse can win like this. You know in the last few days LeBron and Tracy McGrady have been less than impressed about Steph Curry winning the MVP implying that he was mostly finesse which he is anyone who watches him can see that. McGrady talked about the watered down competition this year and the lack of defense in today's NBA which is true. In the second half of Monday's game the Thunder showed very clearly that Golden State does not like to play physical. OKC has got to get back to doing that. And also getting everyone involved again. But the Warriors pass the ball around so they can set up where Curry and Thompson get open, and unguarded and when they do its going in.

I don't if having three days off will be advantage, it can go both ways. I have to admit the Warriors are capable of taking both games in OKC. Game two is not until Sunday here's hoping that OKC can take control when they get back home. They rebounded from being blown out in San Antonio to win the series I still think they can do it.

Last edited:
I just can't believe that a team that is mostly finesse can win like this. You know in the last few days LeBron and Tracy McGrady have been less than impressed about Steph Curry winning the MVP implying that he was mostly finesse which he is anyone who watches him can see that. McGrady talked about the watered down competition this year and the lack of defense in today's NBA which is true. In the second half of Monday's game the Thunder showed very clearly that Golden State does not like to play physical. OKC has got to get back to doing that. And also getting everyone involved again. But the Warriors pass the ball around so they can set up where Curry and Thompson get open, and unguarded and when they do its going in.

That's pretty rich coming from McGrady. He was a very good player but he is the epitome of finesse. Also, I'm not sure how much insight he can have at this point in the playoffs. I've been to the second round as many times as he has.

Big mouth Green and that little arrogant prick Curry just got punked big time in OKC. It's just one game, but I'm actually starting to believe. OKC needs to bring the exact same game and intensity into game 4. If they can win that one, this series is over IMO.

Green has lost all respect. If he doesn't get suspended for that kick, I would send out a goon, to take him out next game. Punk move on his part, for the second straight game.

Now Kerr and even Barkley are calling that kick inadvertent. Bull****inshit. That was so obviously intentional, and like you said, the SECOND time he kicked Adams in the nuts. He better get suspended. Green is the dirtiest player I've seen since Bill Laimbeer.

Last edited:
Now Kerr and even Barkley are calling that kick inadvertent. Bull****inshit. That was so obviously intentional, and like you said, the SECOND time he kicked Adams in the nuts. He better get suspended. Green is the dirtiest player I've seen since Bill Laimbeer.
I can understand Kerr's posturing, but, Barkley's opinion makes no sense. Obviously the refs saw what was clearly a flagrant foul and it didn't even take too long for them to decide.

I think these analysts are paid to paint everything in a good light. To try and smooth over anything that might make the NBA and/or it's players look bad. That was so obvious it was ridiculous. Shaq and Charles come off as gutless cowards to me for trying to cover it up, and I love both those guys. Not with them on this one.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I said it earlier on the thread that the one Warrior who could lose it when the going gets tough is Draymond Green. I think what's most important is that after that foul he did absolutely nothing. He ended up 1 for 9, 3 rebounds, and 4 to's.

I will say this again and will continue to say it as long as OKC keeps winning. The Warriors do not like to play physical. Their 3 point game is based on getting players open for uncontested shots. When they don't and they have to do it with a body on them being pushed and banged those stop falling especially in the second half. Those uncontested 3's are such a big part of their offense when they don't fall and the other team gains momentum they start to get rattled and they take em to early and then they really start to miss.

Another example of why they don't like to play physical is that because they depend on their 3 ball they go to the paint even less. We saw it in the second half of game 1 and we saw it tonight. OKC outscored them by +20. And did you see the difference in free throws? And everyone knows that the Thunder are a much better rebounding team. I mean how many examples do you need to see when it comes to the GSW not liking to play physical?

This is why Draymond Green will probably play on Tuesday. Payoff basketball, playoff officiating. Why was Dhanty Jones suspended and DG won't? Does anyone besides his mother and Cleveland even know who he is? He's not even an important part of the team. Draymond Green is an all star on the defending champs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BringBackRoyal
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT