ADVERTISEMENT

On Dec 7 I made a thread about aggie….

Hookedonit

Mar 21, 2018
I said they are recruiting lights out and was met with a few half smart replies . Well now it’s not hard to see who runs this state in recruiting and it’s no joke now is it? If we can flex our wallets on OLine why can’t we do it for all positions? I’m sick of every top recruit listing aggie in their final top 3 choices . We gotta start getting this type of consideration.

Just going into year two of Sark tenure and coming off a bad season. We got a top five class even after that. When, and I believe we will, koolaid or not, start winning, and once this whole NIL deal and organizations get rolling, we will be starting to be in top three classes.
Yes, aggy killed it this cycle, but they always fvck it up somehow. Give it time.
Patience grasshopper.

What's funny is that Aggie really believes these recruits are going there because they want to be part of the Aggie experience. They crow about how they've invested in all their facilities and have been building their Aggie brand in a way that is very attractive to these young men. I have news for Aggies. The only two reasons they are getting a top 5 class has everything to do with unlimited and unrestricted NIL in Texas plus the fact they are in the SEC. That's it. No other reason they are going to Aggie. It's not the facilities, it's not the brand, and it's sure as hell isn't because of Jimbo Fisher. These recruits are going to A&M for money and the SEC, nothing else.

Texas is going to do just fine. We got bagmen too. It will get progressively better point forward. Yes, Aggie will find a way to screw up their good fortunes....it always happens.

Texas recruited just as well as A&M. The difference between the #1 class and the #5 class isn’t a ton of talent.

Texas recruited just as well as A&M. The difference between the #1 class and the #5 class isn’t a ton of talent.
I would add that we picked up Ewers as well. Ewers is not calculated in the class. He's going to kill wiegeman. Ouijaman was throwing floaters at the UA game. His arm strength is half of ewers. Let's kick the b12s ass this year and go into the sec on a high.

I would add that we picked up Ewers as well. Ewers is not calculated in the class. He's going to kill wiegeman. Ouijaman was throwing floaters at the UA game. His arm strength is half of ewers. Let's kick the b12s ass this year and go into the sec on a high.
Right Ewers at one time was the #1 player in the 2022 class before deciding to go to OSU early

I hope Ewers is the answer; no one can argue that he has great potential. My only concern is that he might have caught the "entitlement" bug and could turn out to be somewhat of a prick.

The difference is bigger than normal this year. It is pretty big between #1 & #5.

By 247 composite Texas has 281.97 points and A&M 328.92.

If you remove all 8 top 50 players in the country from A&M's class, they still have 286.33 points, which is still higher.

The guys removed to make the classes comparable would include: Nolan #2, Perkins #5, Evan Stewart #6, Dindy #16, Denver Harris #17, Weigman #19, White #37, & Lucas #50. All ranking are their national rank.

If Campbell #10 (Texas) & Shemar Stewart #9 (A&M) both commit as expected it will tighten up some due to the way 247 weights classes, but still won't be that close.

I'd be curious to know how much a&m spent on this class?
Me too. I saw a okie 247 mod mention $25Mish. That sounds way to high, but he nor I really has a clue. I guess it doesn't really matter, as it isn't my money. But it would be interesting to see if these guys are getting $50K or $1M. I bet the average is closer to $50K, but maybe he is right at $1M per.

The difference is bigger than normal this year. It is pretty big between #1 & #5.

By 247 composite Texas has 281.97 points and A&M 328.92.

If you remove all 8 top 50 players in the country from A&M's class, they still have 286.33 points, which is still higher.

The guys removed to make the classes comparable would include: Nolan #2, Perkins #5, Evan Stewart #6, Dindy #16, Denver Harris #17, Weigman #19, White #37, & Lucas #50. All ranking are their national rank.

If Campbell #10 (Texas) & Shemar Stewart #9 (A&M) both commit as expected it will tighten up some due to the way 247 weights classes, but still won't be that close.
I think he meant actual ability and not numerical rankings. The talent gap is not that huge between the individual players when you put them side by side. Sure you got some really good players but they all won't pan out. Same with our class. I'm still interested to see how Jimbo will please all the Dlinemen he brought in. They all can't play immediately and I doubt those guys expect to redshirt.

I think he meant actual ability and not numerical rankings. The talent gap is not that huge between the individual players when you put them side by side. Sure you got some really good players but they all won't pan out. Same with our class. I'm still interested to see how Jimbo will please all the Dlinemen he brought in. They all can't play immediately and I doubt those guys expect to redshirt.
You could very well be right on the actual talent of players. I have only seen film on a handful of guys and honestly could not give a decent analysis if I had all the film. They all look good vs high school competition to the untrained eye. I was just going off rankings, because I don't have the expertise for anything beyond that. Would love to see players reranked in 2 years, when you know what you really got.

You could very well be right on the actual talent of players. I have only seen film on a handful of guys and honestly could not give a decent analysis if I had all the film. They all look good vs high school competition to the untrained eye. I was just going off rankings, because I don't have the expertise for anything beyond that. Would love to see players reranked in 2 years, when you know what you really got.
That would be very interesting. I guess the NFL draft is as close as you can get on the amount of hits and misses each class has.

I just heard between 25 to 30
Million.
I'm not saying we didn't pay, because we did. But that number came from the OU 247 board. I think some of it is sour grapes about their class falling apart, and worrying they will be left behind due to lack of deep pocket donors. I would be shocked if any school is paying a million+ per recruit. That would be as much as Ewers got to go to Ohio State for every recruit.

So how much did Ewers receive from Texas donors? Just curious. And please don't say "he always wanted to go to Texas but didn't like Herman." There are lots of rumours about this as far as rumours go.

So how much did Ewers receive from Texas donors? Just curious. And please don't say "he always wanted to go to Texas but didn't like Herman." There are lots of rumours about this as far as rumours go.

I don't think that anyone will be privy to that. Lots of people are curious as to what kind of NIL dough is being thrown at these kids. The reality is, neither Texas, nor a&m would have had the caliber of signing class without paying these players what they got.

Does it matter?
Yes.

And let me explain why.

We have money. They have money. But our BIG money is in the hands of dying or (now) dead old men. These old men, their kids and grand kids didn't EARN this money. They inherited it. And their fondness of Texas football is not as high as grandpa's. Every year when PeePaw scratched out a 20 million dollar check to the football team, the band nerd grand daughter (who doesn't even like football) greedily saw 20 mil of her inheritance being given away. Don't kid yourselves. The VAST majority of kids with billionaire parents and grandparents, are fvcking worthless.

Now-- over at a&m, their money is NEW money, by comparison. There's a guy from that school that's barely 40 and worth just under a billion. I know the guy. He deals in energy trading. Nice guy. Loves football. He has a network of classmates that do the same thing and are all freaking loaded. Here in Austin, ya--- we've got some young, rich guys----- in tech-- or doing fvcking solar panels and windmills. The petroleum engineers we have been cranking out the last 20 years are now running oil companies-- but they're pushing the companies toward green unicorn farts energy. You think they give a sh!t about football?

So yes--- it matters what a&m paid for this class. Because it establishes a benchmark that the university can use and hold up to our rich boosters and say "our goal is to beat this."

a&m wants to fit in so bad.
Haven’t you heard, it’s all about their new facilities and wanting to be part of the culture Jimbo is building, the recruits do not care about 8-5 seasons, no CC’s, no National Championships, they just want to play for Jumbo. Makes sense doesn’t it?

I'm sure everyone on here remembers that run from '85 to '94 when the aggies had that run. One thing however they were cheating big time. Since then they've been average at best.

But this NIL thing is truly an aggie wet dream. That they could offer a kid that kind of money just to spend a few years in College Station? And it's legal? They'll be spazzing out from now until Labor Day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT