ADVERTISEMENT

One of the things about Herman that has impressed me this week...

Ketchum

Resident Blockhead
Staff
May 29, 2001
In updating the 2017 LSR this week, I've been watching a lot of video of Herman and Co.'s commits/offers at Houston and I find myself really liking the eye for talent that his staff has.

Considering that Houston mostly lives in the world of three-stars, like Charlie Strong at Louisville, you have to be better than the bigger schools at evaluations because the elite of the three stars don't just find themselves.

Evaluations are one of Strong's top skills and I think Herman brings aces in that category as well.

If you see them offer and target someone you don't know about, I'd suggest going to HUDL or wherever you can because Herman and his staff have great eyes for talent from what I can tell.

A perfect example of this is three-star RB commit Carlos Grace. He's a complete nobody to most and is only a mid-three star by Rivals, but if you watch his senior film, you'll see a guy with great feet, vision and natural football skill. My thought when watching him was., "That's the kind of guy that ends up running for 1,000 yards at Kansas." In saying that, though, it means he's the kind of guy that ends up being the best 1 or 2 guys on an 85-man roster at a school like Kansas, which means he would likely be able to play for almost any school in the country.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2939280/carlos-grace

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News