ADVERTISEMENT

Orangebloods' Careers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ellie, I have 2 little nephews, 9 and 4. Maybe in about a decade we can get them together...

Been taking a nice sabbatical after cashing out of a nice small software venture in Oklahoma. As of about 45 minutes ago, am moving back to Salt Lake City to take over as VP of Sales of a software startup. I'm a glutton for punishment, but I love this high tech right risk/high reward stuff.

Farmer/rancher and am in trade school for Deisel Mechanics. My problem is we own a land which is worth a substanial amonut of money, I just don't have any. Whatever I end up doing(rancher/deisel tech) I will be self employed. DAMN THE MAN

Originally posted by jgblumoff:
recent law grad lookin' for a J-O-B!!

Don't tell me that. Almost ALL recent law grads are lookin'. Market sucks from what I'm hearin'.

Third year law student. uggg.

I'm a lubrication Consultant for Lubrication Engineers, Inc. here in Corpus Christi.

www.le-inc.com

During the week, I work for the family commercial painting company (We painted the Bass Hall, Radio Shack headquarters, The D/FW Airport People Movers, most of downtown Ft. Worth).

However, this weekend I will officially start working weekends at D'Havana Cigars at Preston and Forest in Dallas. I have a lot of cigar experience and am doing this for fun and to get more industry experience. Come by and see me if you're in the area. We'll talk UT sports over a fine stogie.

Graduate student soon to be a post doc. I work in stem cell engineering.

Originally posted by jgeggattTight:
Video game tester. Seriously.

i hope you don't work for EA, if you do, you suck at your job!

i'm a web developer at my day job and also a freelance web designer/developer in Dallas
This post was edited on 8/18 3:26 PM by brianb722if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Junior at TCU.

My last job was last summer. I worked construction and as a mechanic for 60 hours a week all summer. Harder than any job in the world combined with the lowest pay, I have a newfound respect for those guys. This summer I had too much summer school to work.

dmak,

We have plenty of interesting gadgets, but I will give you a good story:

Couple years ago, a lady comes in needing her voice mail messages on her cell phone recorded to cassette. I do it, & when it's done, we played back the messages to ensure everything worked properly. The guy on the messages is professing his love, swearing he will leave his wife, etc. Two days later, another lady comes in needing the same service. When we play back her messages, it is the same guy groveling about how much he loves her, how sorry he is about the mistress, etc. These two ladies were going to sit this guy down, and tag-team him with the evidence (and I don't mean tag-team in a good way). I would not want to be that guy.

On a side note, the mistress asked me out after I realized what was going on. I said hell no, I have enough drama without getting involved in this train wreck.

Hmmm, Jack of All Trades, Master of None

B737 Driver - Continental Airlines
CPA
Commodity Trading Advisor specializing in Managed Futures.

Originally posted by Horns13:
dmak,

We have plenty of interesting gadgets, but I will give you a good story:

Couple
years ago, a lady comes in needing her voice mail messages on her cell
phone recorded to cassette. I do it, & when it's done, we played
back the messages to ensure everything worked properly. The guy on the
messages is professing his love, swearing he will leave his wife, etc.
Two days later, another lady comes in needing the same service. When we
play back her messages, it is the same guy groveling about how much he
loves her, how sorry he is about the mistress, etc. These two ladies
were going to sit this guy down, and tag-team him with the evidence
(and I don't mean tag-team in a good way). I would not want to be that
guy.

On a side note, the mistress asked me out after I realized
what was going on. I said hell no, I have enough drama without getting
involved in this train wreck.

My uncle does surveillance work out of Huntsville. Took me into his van and showed me around. Very cool stuff. Do you work with police force, FBI much?

Originally posted by mcalk2:
I'm a lubrication Consultant for Lubrication Engineers, Inc. here in Corpus Christi.

www.le-inc.com
I'm tempted to make a "lubrication consultant" joke, but I imagine you've heard them all by now.

Registered Nurse (BSN '01). I'm currently in graduate school at TCU and begin my Residency at John Peter Smith Hospital on Monday!!! I will be a CRNA in 15 months (CRNA=Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist).

Hook'Em,

We are a retail store, so we don't usually deal with the larger police departments or government agencies. They can get what they need through their own channels. Some of the smaller cities use us, as well as a lot of private investigators.

Managing Director in Technology - Continental Airlines

CaliHORNia,

What have you written/produced? I'm an actor in austin working my way out to L.A. Was in Sin City (as mentioned above) and planning a move in the next few months.

shoot me an email if you don't mind at scott@ScottTeeters.com

Thanks!

Originally posted by Weekapaug:
Originally posted by jgblumoff:
recent law grad lookin' for a J-O-B!!

Don't tell me that. Almost ALL recent law grads are lookin'. Market sucks from what I'm hearin'.

Third year law student. uggg.

It is only going to get worse. Emtire areas of practice have been decimated by legislative changes - med mal and consumer consumer bankruptcy for starters. Product liability and toxic tort work is also being greatly reduced.

California Horn

I knew if I said lubrication people would jump all over it, but I guess I was wrong. People have lots of funny questions and jokes about it and I just laugh all the way to the bank.

www.le-inc.com

Representative for the Sierra Nevada Brewing Company -

By the way, I have a tailgate at San Jacinto and MLK. Come drink some good free beer!

Attorney -- Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law, Board of Legal Specialization, State Bar of Texas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT