Orangebloods staff predicitions

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Alex Dunlap (0-0)

Like most teams coming out of camp, Texas could be a little rusty at first, but we'll come away from this game encouraged overall in most aspects of the team.

Texas 48 - CSU 14

Travis Galey (0-0)

Because I think Texas is going to have a run-heavy script this week (with a lot of rotating players in every unit), I don’t foresee this being the week where the Longhorns just roll over their opponent and score at will.

I think Colorado State covers the 32.5 point spread, but that’s going to be of little solace for them.

Texas 45 – Colorado State 17

Geoff Ketchum (0-0)

Ewers, Bond and Bolden establish themselves as a trio to fear. Jaydon Blue breaks off a monster run. Anthony Hill makes a pair of big plays. The offense, defense and special teams all score.

Texas 38 - Colorado State 12

Anwar Richardson (0-0)

There is no need to overthink this game. Texas has more talent from top to bottom than Colorado State. The Longhorn staff intends to play as many players as possible. Quinn Ewers should start strong. His backups should finish strong. I am not worried about Texas overlooking Colorado State.

Enjoy the win.

Texas 55 - Colorado State 17

Jason Suchomel (0-0)

In breaking down the matchups, this looks like a game in which Texas should cover the spread. But something tells me there’s some first-game sloppiness that keeps the game a little closer than the matchups would indicate.

CSU can move the ball through the air so they’ll find the end zone a couple of times, but it won’t be nearly enough as Texas makes pretty easy work in the season-opener.

Texas 45 – Colorado State 17

Quarter (0-0)

1725029042437.png

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.