Orangebloods Staff Predictions - FU quarter!!!

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Alex Dunlap (5-0)

You never know how these games will go, but I do know Texas is the better team this year. I think this game will only be a sweat for the gamblers who need Texas to win by 14-plus.

Texas 34 - OU 17

Travis Galey (5-0)

History tells us this will be a close game. Nine of the last ten games have been decided by one score or less.

Even Texas head coach Steve Sarkisian is ignoring the point spread.

“It's a rivalry game,” Sark replied when informed that the Horns were nearly two touchdown favorites. “Forget whatever we're favored or we're not, it doesn't matter. You know the records and things no matter in games like this.”

Therefore it would be foolish of me to predict anything other than a close game.

But as I documented in my column Wednesday, Sark is going to score more than 30 and I don’t see OU’s offense coming close to that.

Texas 35 - OU 13

Geoff Ketchum (5-0)

Texas is just better... everywhere. Losing to this OU team would mean losing to one of the worst OU teams of the last three decades. I expect a molly-whopping.

Texas 48 - OU 20

Anwar Richardson (5-0)

The only reason I am not predicting a blowout is because this is a rivalry game. I remember Texas defeating Oklahoma in 2015 with only 55 combined passing yards between Tyrone Swoopes and Jerrod Heard. The Sooners had Baker Mayfield and still lost. That is the only reason I am taking a cautious approach.

Feel free to go wild with your prediction.

I will play it safe.

Texas 35 - Oklahoma 16

Jason Suchomel (5-0)

This game just doesn’t feel like it should be that close. Not on paper anyway. I know … throw out the records and everything in a rivalry game. I agree to some degree, but I don’t think it matters in this one.

I feel like I’m being generous to OU in picking a 21-point win for Texas.

Texas 38 – Oklahoma 17

Quarter (5-0)

1728658714966.png

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.