Orangebloods Staff Predictions

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Alex Dunlap (6-0)

It's going to be the toughest test the Longhorns have faced so far, but the Longhorns still hold the edge in numerous key areas. The defense will be pushed and I expect some bending will occur, but in the end, it won't break.

Texas 30 - Georgia 24

Travis Galey (6-0)

We’ve heard it all year. “You can’t say Texas’ defense is good, they haven’t played anybody.”

Well this is the week we put that trope to bed.

Georgia has an elite quarterback.
Georgia is elite at creating explosive plays.
Georgia has future NFL players on the offensive line.
Georgia will score some points … but not enough.

Texas 35 – Georgia 17

Geoff Ketchum (6-0)

Texas is the better, more complete team playing at home in prime time. Let's not make this rocket science.

Texas 37 - Georgia 27

Anwar Richardson (6-0)

I have more questions about Georgia than Texas entering this game. Sure, I give Georgia credit for its comeback against Alabama this season. However, Georgia lost to a team that multiple teams have exposed throughout this season. Georgia narrowly defeated Kentucky. Georgia was in life-or-death with Mississippi State, the SEC's worst team. In addition, Carson Beck has thrown five interceptions in the past three games.

Georiga is still Georgia. I respect the Bulldogs.

However, if Quinn Ewers is the "Big Game QB" we have seen throughout his career, Texas wins.

Texas 34 - Georgia 27

Jason Suchomel (6-0)

I have Texas as the better team on paper. But if the Longhorns are going to stumble in a game this year, which mathematically seems logical, this is the most likely one where Texas will get upset.

I’m not buying it.

Texas 34-31

Quarter (5-1)

1729263232858.png

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.