ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Army

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
God be with the 82nd!

"All the way! ....Airborne!

300px-Patch-of-the-82nd-Airborne-Division-Scorpion-W2.png

Very interesting dynamics developing for sure. Moving 1 or 2 B52s into theatre is typical but 6+ means serious bidness.

Little known tidbit:
We still dismantle the tail section of B52s for a compliance show & tell whenever the Russian satellite flies over but it only takes about 12hrs to put that sucker back to operational status.
Also, tail markings aren't painted on anymore. They are easily swapped out laminate stickers. =)roll
BUFFs scare everyone in its path so the START treaty can suck it.

Choose your next move carefully Iran. Please review consequences of Japan hitting Pearl Harbor.

Very interesting dynamics developing for sure. Moving 1 or 2 B52s into theatre is typical but 6+ means serious bidness.

Little known tidbit:
We still dismantle the tail section of B52s for a compliance show & tell whenever the Russian satellite flies over but it only takes about 12hrs to put that sucker back to operational status.
Also, tail markings aren't painted on anymore. They are easily swapped out laminate stickers. =)roll
BUFFs scare everyone in its path so the START treaty can suck it.

Choose your next move carefully Iran. Please review consequences of Japan hitting Pearl Harbor.
Are you fvcking kidding me?

I flew into Vilnius, Lithuania once and the entire airstrip edge was lined with Bear Foxtrots that had both wings clipped right off and were on the ground next to each fuselage. Just lined up all along the runway like a bone yard. The day I flew out I was sitting in the bar that overlooked the tarmac where the planes were slowly creeping around. Mind you, I say "bar" loosely because this was an old Soviet air base that had been converted to civilian use. All of the sudden, all the traffic on the tarmac comes to a complete halt. Dead stop. From behind me I hear a low rumble in the distance that starts building. Next thing you know, two F-16s come SCREAMING down the length of the runway, on the deck. I mean RIGHT on the deck. They get to the end of the runway and then both climbed out and vanished into the clouds.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Are you fvcking kidding me?

I flew into Vilnius, Lithuania once and the entire airstrip edge was lined with Bear Foxtrots that had both wings clipped right off and were on the ground next to each fuselage. Just lined up all along the runway like a bone yard. The day I flew out I was sitting in the bar that overlooked the tarmac where the planes were slowly creeping around. Mind you, I say "bar" loosely because this was an old Soviet air base that had been converted to civilian use. All of the sudden, all the traffic on the tarmac comes to a complete halt. Dead stop. From behind me I hear a low rumble in the distance that starts building. Next thing you know, two F-16s come SCREAMING down the length of the runway, on the deck. I mean RIGHT on the deck. They get to the end of the runway and then both climbed out and vanished into the clouds.
I kid you not. They know when the eye in the sky will be looking and have to be ready. Even if it is a giant cigar in a hangar it will be towed out.
Outside of a Minutman III, I'm pretty sure nothing is feared more than a formation of loaded BUFFs.

The 101st has officially been on Standbye for movement orders..that's a lotta parachutes in the air...LOL, D-Day type stuff...LOL, its getting interesting!

i think one of my fondest memories on active duty was the WW2 jump school and all of the salty old men that would come out and drink and sing with us.

i think one of my fondest memories on active duty was the WW2 jump school and all of the salty old men that would come out and drink and sing with us.

Sky Troopers are Sky Troopers till death and that ain't no shit! The Hermans called them "Death from above"

Wait----- what? Are you saying you went to jump school at Frederick or Benning? I has confuse.

Word has it Iran just shot a handful of missiles at Al Assad Air base.
Might get to see how well our f35 & f22s slide through radar undetected while lighting up 52 targets.
Straight up, Iran is and has always been the cause of mideast turmoil, the head of the snake. These blowhards don't scare me but what is scary is the off chance a bigger geopolitical foe decides to flank us while we're distracted a la ww2.

Prayers for our men & women at the tip of the spear.

Might get to see how well our f35 & f22s slide through radar undetected while lighting up 52 targets.
Straight up, Iran is and has always been the cause of mideast turmoil, the head of the snake. These blowhards don't scare me but what is scary is the off chance a bigger geopolitical foe decides to flank us while we're distracted a la ww2.

We just hope for the best!

I'm ready and I'm sharpening my Swiss Army knife as we speak. I won't go out without a fight

Never take a knife to a gun fight Bell!
Pffft! It's not just a knife sir! It's a can opener, nail file, small scissors, wine cork screw, leather thread punch, tooth pick, tweezer, magnifying glass, chisel, flat & phillips screwdriver, serrated drop point wood saw with ruler measurements, marlin spike and sometimes small pliars.

Yours may vary.o_O

Wait----- what? Are you saying you went to jump school at Frederick or Benning? I has confuse.
I went to benning for active jump school. but there is also another school for ww2 certifications so you can do the C47 jumps.

Pffft! It's not just a knife sir! It's a can opener, nail file, small scissors, wine cork screw, leather thread punch, tooth pick, tweezer, magnifying glass, chisel, flat & phillips screwdriver, serrated drop point wood saw with ruler measurements, marlin spike and sometimes small pliars.

Yours may vary.o_O

Against a gun, you would die holding that Swiss toothpick~does that wood saw run on gas? The pliers would be helpful pulling teeth, screwdriver and pliers good for working on weapons

They missed on purpose. They had to show a use of force to keep the locals at bay. But they knew if they actually drew blood, it would escalate. You won't convince me that they can hit a Saudi refinery which is much further away AND small by comparison, but completely miss a base the size of Al Asad. No way, no how. This is all about control of their own people. I know the weapons and methods used were different, drones vs missiles, but drones can't be seen arcing through the sky by your citizens. Drones aren't dramatic. Iran puffed their chest out to their people, while winking and nodding at us.

We can spike the football in their face, or we can point at them and laugh and move on down the road. The citizens of Iran deserve better, but we can't fix the entire world.

They missed on purpose. They had to show a use of force to keep the locals at bay. But they knew if they actually drew blood, it would escalate. You won't convince me that they can hit a Saudi refinery which is much further away AND small by comparison, but completely miss a base the size of Al Asad. No way, no how. This is all about control of their own people. I know the weapons and methods used were different, drones vs missiles, but drones can't be seen arcing through the sky by your citizens. Drones aren't dramatic. Iran puffed their chest out to their people, while winking and nodding at us.

We can spike the football in their face, or we can point at them and laugh and move on down the road. The citizens of Iran deserve better, but we can't fix the entire world.

I believe the girl in your pic could tho..................js............

Oh no doubt that's what happened. Al Assad is a massive base located only about 350 miles from Iran.
Most of the personnel buildings are congregated along the river spill way while the other 2/3rds or so is purely hangars, flightline and runways....like 4 primary and 5 secondary.
Any semi-modern weaponry would have no problem impacting a high value target.
Food for thought, we have SHORAD, HIMAD & THAAD on site yet nothing fired. Looks like an agreed deescelation scenario that allows them to save face with their own people.

While I'm thankful for the deescalation, I can't help wonder how many of you would be whining if Obama allowed several US bases to be hit with zero retaliation.

While I'm thankful for the deescalation, I can't help wonder how many of you would be whining if Obama allowed several US bases to be hit with zero retaliation.

We're all Americans. At this point, it should be about what's best for America and not about political affiliation. It is shameful that no matter what President Trump does, the left finds whatever they can come up with to criticize him. Even though I didn't agree with Obama on most things, he was still the president of the U.S. and I respected that. Those who are apologizing to Iran are an embarrassment to America. Let's hope that things will de-escalate and there will be no further attacks. We don't need a war.

We're all Americans. At this point, it should be about what's best for America and not about political affiliation. It is shameful that no matter what President Trump does, the left finds whatever they can come up with to criticize him. Even though I didn't agree with Obama on most things, he was still the president of the U.S. and I respected that. Those who are apologizing to Iran are an embarrassment to America. Let's hope that things will de-escalate and there will be no further attacks. We don't need a war.

Right, which is why I said I'm thankful for the deescalation. I don't want anyone to die just so he can get his poll numbers up.

Most people on the left are extremely grateful that this didn't escalate further. What I'm saying is the same people who would have crapped all over Obama for not being "strong enough" are now singing Trump's praises for being restrained (even though he kicked the hornets nest to start with).

Right, which is why I said I'm thankful for the deescalation. I don't want anyone to die just so he can get his poll numbers up.

Most people on the left are extremely grateful that this didn't escalate further. What I'm saying is the same people who would have crapped all over Obama for not being "strong enough" are now singing Trump's praises for being restrained (even though he kicked the hornets nest to start with).

Incorrect. Iran started this whole mess with their attack on our embassy, shooting down a U.S. drone, attacking Saudi Arabia and attacking oil tankers in the Strait of Hormuz. The U.S. justifiably took out a known Iranian terrorist leader after all of this.

Oh no doubt that's what happened. Al Assad is a massive base located only about 350 miles from Iran.
Most of the personnel buildings are congregated along the river spill way while the other 2/3rds or so is purely hangars, flightline and runways....like 4 primary and 5 secondary.
Any semi-modern weaponry would have no problem impacting a high value target.
Food for thought, we have SHORAD, HIMAD & THAAD on site yet nothing fired. Looks like an agreed deescelation scenario that allows them to save face with their own people.
Wait--- I thought all the cool air force bases got to have the phalanx. That things got some BRRRRRRRTTT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT