OT: Divorce/Family attorney recs needed

rizzlebizznizzle

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2008
Hey gang,

Could use some recommendations.

Situation:
Wife and I have been married 9 years. She has 13 year old daughter from previous marriage. They divorced amicably. 50/50 split. Both supposed to stay in Wilco. He moved outside of the county years ago, but we didn't push it. He's been able to get her to school, etc with no issues. Finally this year, daughter is fed up with the hr long drive to school considering she's heavily involved in extracurricular school activities, before and after school.

She's expressed interested several times in staying here full time, solely because of the drive. (I have my own kids as well, and do not want to disrupt their time. I know what it's like to miss your kids). She's currently staying with us for 2 weeks because he doesn't have a way to get her to school on time due to work. This is not good for him. She already says she wants to keep it like this. Ffwd to today, he's now saying he won't be helping pay for cheer and other activities.

Therefore, wife is pissed and ready to proceed with her daughters wishes to get her here full time. Previously we were planning to just have him pay us the difference to keep her here full time, maybe $300/mo. She wants to just do the full process, contact an attorney. He has a pretty bad habit of trying to dictate everything and make the rules and she's fed up.

Do you guys have any recs on good lawyers to reach out to? My goal is to keep it clean for the daughter. Nobody needs to hear parents talking sh** about each other. Sucks.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.