ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Hill Country home purchase

Looks like homes, condos and townhomes. Don’t look like pre-fab. And a golf course.

Looks like homes, condos and townhomes. Don’t look like pre-fab. And a golf course.
I did some research. They are pre-planned retirement homes. I couldn't figure out why they were priced high per square ft-- now I know.

Are these pre-fab homes or just pre-planned homes?
Not Pre-fab but planned and chosen from this list.
KT Home Selection
We went smallish with the Goodwin in Santa Barbara exterior because we wanted only what we needed; a lock and leave so we can travel and base in Portugal in the summer, cheaper utilities, etc. This design had everything my better half from Seoul and I needed. I went with 2BR and an office (option is 3rd BR or office or den). Note that the lot price is not included in the prices in the link.

I did some research. They are pre-planned retirement homes. I couldn't figure out why they were priced high per square ft-- now I know.
You really need to see it to get the big picture on the place to understand the pricing. You'll be surprised how quickly you're on the Edwards Plateau when you go west only a few miles from I35. It's gorgeous. If you golf, hike, need a top gym, desire a bier garden, very good restaurant on site, desire a resort like pool and atmosphere, and want to be in the Hill Country, it's worth checking out. it really does have all of this and more and at a high level. Close to Austin. What kept me from going deeper in the Hill Country was access to health care as we age and we also travel a fair bit even tho I'm 90% retired. Both AUS and SAN are 40 mins away. I have also discovered that British Airways Bus class from AUS can be a hell of a value compared to DFW where I'm moving from. Access to Europe via London in Club World on the A350-1000 at $2850 ea if you plan it right is a hell of a value. Many reasons to be near Austin and this was just one of them.

You really need to see it to get the big picture on the place to understand the pricing. You'll be surprised how quickly you're on the Edwards Plateau when you go west only a few miles from I35. It's gorgeous. If you golf, hike, need a top gym, desire a bier garden, very good restaurant on site, desire a resort like pool and atmosphere, and want to be in the Hill Country, it's worth checking out. it really does have all of this and more and at a high level. Close to Austin. What kept me from going deeper in the Hill Country was access to health care as we age and we also travel a fair bit even tho I'm 90% retired. Both AUS and SAN are 40 mins away. I have also discovered that British Airways Bus class from AUS can be a hell of a value compared to DFW where I'm moving from. Access to Europe via London in Club World on the A350-1000 at $2850 ea if you plan it right is a hell of a value. Many reasons to be near Austin and this was just one of them.
Where in Portugal are you setting up shop?

I'm looking at 3 places in Europe now.
Blue Coast --
Portugal- Vila Ancora
Corsica

Where in Portugal are you setting up shop?

I'm looking at 3 places in Europe now.
Blue Coast --
Portugal- Vila Ancora
Corsica
Cascais 30 min west of Lisbon. Last train stop west. It faces south so the strong winds off of the Atlantic are attenuated. I love the place.

Cascais 30 min west of Lisbon. Last train stop west. It faces south so the strong winds off of the Atlantic are attenuated. I love the place.
I'm looking at farther north- or down near Lagos.
The north gets a little more rain annually so it's greener. But Lagos, the sun shines year round-- but it's dry as fvck there.

I'm looking at farther north- or down near Lagos.
The north gets a little more rain annually so it's greener. But Lagos, the sun shines year round-- but it's dry as fvck there.
I really do need to get up north but these Spain drive trips take some time and I'm a bit obsessed with them. I'll turn these 1 month trips into 3 month trips as soon as 2025 and get up there.
I never want to be too far from an airport so Cascais will be perfect as a base for me. If you end up south you can get pretty much anywhere in Europe from Faro.

I really do need to get up north but these Spain drive trips take some time and I'm a bit obsessed with them. I'll turn these 1 month trips into 3 month trips as soon as 2025 and get up there.
I never want to be too far from an airport so Cascais will be perfect as a base for me. If you end up south you can get pretty much anywhere in Europe from Faro.
You trying to get me to fly on EasyJet or RyanAir?
Fvcking RyanAir is a cattle car. The last time I flew TAP they charged the sh!t out of me for my carry on and checked bags.

You trying to get me to fly on EasyJet or RyanAir?
Fvcking RyanAir is a cattle car. The last time I flew TAP they charged the sh!t out of me for my carry on and checked bags.
No No. I avoid Ryan like the plague. Air Europa and a few others aren't awful. I had a good experience on TAP.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT