ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Legit sticker shock Apple

hornin nyc

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
First, I live in one of the most expensive cities in the world, but have really really toned things down over the last few years. I have said no to a lot of stupid shit like restaurant prices, I use miles for holidays (I have tons) and don't buy much for myself. My hobbies are cheap (cycling, running, swimming). I don't buy clothes.

I broke my iPad pro i have had for 7 years. The power port had broken 3 years ago (unfixable) but you can power it from the attachable keyboard (this is an example of my cheapness) so I soldiered on.

I dropped it and cracked it and needed another one. I looked online and shit, the cheapest was 1500 bucks with 265 GB of RAM (i checked I had used 123) so I would get that but f me - you can get a mid tier gaming PC for that.

Also the 1 TB was like 800 bucks more (and the difference in memory price is like 100 bucks max)

But the biggest irritant - the keyboard wont work with this one and the keyboard was 335 dollars.

Now I need it for work and use it daily but wtf that is crazy. I know for a fact the keyboard was bout 200 before and that was crazy.

I bought it but I feel like I have been violated. I am a lucky guy and this isn't a big deal so how the f do people who aren't lucky get on? I know I don't have to have Apple but it's wired into all my other crap (I have a 6 year old phone, I do not care about this stuff).

it's not just Apple is it? I went to LA for Vaca in Feb and the prices were unbelievable (plus 30 percent tip on everything)

Dear Diary, thanks for listening.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News