OT: Legit sticker shock Apple

hornin nyc

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2002
First, I live in one of the most expensive cities in the world, but have really really toned things down over the last few years. I have said no to a lot of stupid shit like restaurant prices, I use miles for holidays (I have tons) and don't buy much for myself. My hobbies are cheap (cycling, running, swimming). I don't buy clothes.

I broke my iPad pro i have had for 7 years. The power port had broken 3 years ago (unfixable) but you can power it from the attachable keyboard (this is an example of my cheapness) so I soldiered on.

I dropped it and cracked it and needed another one. I looked online and shit, the cheapest was 1500 bucks with 265 GB of storage (i checked I had used 123) so I would get that but f me - you can get a mid tier gaming PC for that.

Also the 1 TB was like 800 bucks more (and the difference in memory price is like 100 bucks max)

But the biggest irritant - the keyboard wont work with this one and the keyboard was 335 dollars.

Now I need it for work and use it daily but wtf that is crazy. I know for a fact the keyboard was bout 200 before and that was crazy.

I bought it but I feel like I have been violated. I am a lucky guy and this isn't a big deal so how the f do people who aren't lucky get on? I know I don't have to have Apple but it's wired into all my other crap (I have a 6 year old phone, I do not care about this stuff).

it's not just Apple is it? I went to LA for Vaca in Feb and the prices were unbelievable (plus 30 percent tip on everything)

Dear Diary, thanks for listening.

Last edited:

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.