ADVERTISEMENT

OT: OBs with experience overcoming depression with meds; with a question about one specifically (Sertraline HCI 25mg)

TexasJiggerNaut

I wanna see that country, before the mods git it
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2011
Hays County, TX
EDIT: the next medication being prescribed is Sertraline HCI 25 mg, after Mirtazapine was kicked to the curb, due to too many nightmares.

Anyone out there have experiences with this med, and can share? Especially if taken while in your 20's?
TIA
--------------

I have a 20 year old family member who is just starting a new prescription with Sertraline HCI 25mg (was Mirtazapine 15mg), to help with overcoming what many in our family consider to be depression like symptoms. It's the first time they've taken anything for this, and reporting some side effects, after the first couple of nights, of having bad nightmares with violence in them.

I know there is a subgroup of y'all out there who have commented in the past about your own battles against depression, along with some victories (or maybe truces) achieved via medications. And helped many others on the board with their struggles with your experiences. I'm sorry, as I don't recall your handle names specifically, to tag you)

Did any of you have any experience with this drug, and/or see the same initial side effects? If so, did they eventually lessen and/or go away, as your body adjusted to it?

Or did you have to switch immediately to something else?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News