ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Recession in the works

WTC just took a nose dive. Shale will be the only safe bet for a while. Land will be decent, but $45 a barrel is below most break even prices. Offshore is going to be killed.
Wrong. The ones that can't hack it at well below $45 deserve to be culled anyway, they're a burden on the industry and are helping keep the Middle East relevant. It's a prospect/acreage position buyers market and has been for a couple years.

Last edited:
They didn't balk. All is well.

Meh, it's a mere delay. The Fed is offloading some debt obligations it bought to save the market in the QE days. It will end soon and the inflation will be here soon enough.

Meh, it's a mere delay. The Fed is offloading some debt obligations it bought to save the market in the QE days. It will end soon and the inflation will be here soon enough.
If the Fed crashes this train, it's time to go scalp hunting .

Fellas . . . I'm sitting here in my favorite watering hole having just finished up my Christmas shopping. I'm on vacay until Jan1. Feeling kind a bad about our recruiting close . . . Worried about our long term prospects for getting back in the national picture . . .

So I click on this thread and start to read . . . Just passing the time, which is asinine as hell, because time is really the only thing that has any value at all. And I just roll my eyes at what I read . . .

I rarely get 'deep' because quite frankly I dont give a sheet except when it comes to UT football. Seems a lot of people are worried about money . . . Money they have or money they want to have or dont want to lose.

Money doesn't mean a damn thing. It changes nothing with regard to the big picture . . . And that is . . . The Passage of Time. Money doesn't stop that. Wish it did.

I've been poor as shit, like my first job in banking at First Interstate Bank (Wells Fargo) were I earned an astounding $15.5 k a year. I was happier than a pig in sheet. Everything worked physically, full head a hair, big coeck that would get hard in 15 seconds, a brain that could remember anything and everything, squatted 425 and benched 305, and this from a guy who played basketball. Wife had an ass you could roll a Hot Wheels car down, while
laying flat, and it would end up at her ankles. Her teeddies were tight B cups with perfect nipples. The way she used to look at me . . . Oh sheet!

And I've been richer than hell too, like when I opened my own DB company and provided a pathway to real estate moguls to move their $'s offshore legally. I had one hellacious trophy wife, not the one above, and had naked pool parties every other weekend. One of the bedrooms in my house was a stripper room with a dance stage, brass pool, mirrors, fog machine, bar etc. The sheet that went on in that room I can't repeat here. 2007 recession ended all that.

And I've been in between like now. 6 figure annual salary but nothing to write home about. You guys know what I've found? Money hasn't made a bit of difference with regard to my happiness. I'm the same guy, money hasn't made me any happier or sadder. But Time . . . It keeps on going. The number of digits on my bank account statement doesn't affect it. Time, well it makes a difference in your life like money never will.

Now you older fellers will understand what I'm about to say . . . You younger guys will all say 'that wont happen to me'. Um, yea it will and its gonna suck. Not gonna lie. And all the money in the world is not gonna help you.

You're gonna die, that's it and that process sucks. It's just a really slow process. This starts the moment you get out of puberty. Do you know why God made the dying process so drawn out? The answer is that if it happened over 2 or 3 months we would all kill ourselves. The change would be so drastic over such a short amount of time that we wouldn't be able to handle it. God knew better. Kill us slowly like a frog in a pot of water that's set to boil. That's us folks. Gribit gribit.

Only some of us pay attention though. Im one of em. Let me tell you young kids what you have to look forward to . . . At some point you're gonna stop feeling your schlonger. You remember at 17 when you could just think . . . 'Get big n hard now'? That's gonna end as if all lines of communication have been cut between your brain and your balz.

Then you'll start noticing a little extra hair in the shower drain and on your pillow. Hello Bosley! It's about this time when you'll notice your wife or girlfriend starts looking at you differently. Gone is that look of 'throw me over the couch right now' . . . Having been replaced by the look of 'what kind of jewelry can you buy me for Christmas so I can seduce your best friends son'. Everyone wants to feel young, women especially.

Then into your 40's you go. One day you'll wake up and put on your watch . . . and you wont be able to see the face or hands. This happens to 60% of men in their 40's. You'll go down to the Albertsons or Safeway and get yourself some readers. You'll start with 125's then 6 months later it'll be 200's then you'll go to 250's then shamefully shop for the 300's. Suffering in silence because your wife is banging your best friends son anyway and doesn't care.

Depressed yet? It gets worse. At some point you'll discover the wonderousness of sharting. Always keep a pair of backup Jean's in your car. You're gonna need em. Gall bladder problems? Hello!

And then there is the really fun fun stuff of coughing and pissing yourself. This is prostate stuff . . . . Coming to a theater near you! So much fun. Pass the Depends! Hows that money working out for ya? Got shit in your drawers and piss in your pants. Someone pass me the money, that'll fix it!

Listen, I'm not gonna go into cancer, liver failure, renal failure, and all those other goodies but I tell ya money ain't gonna fix this either. And folks, those things are worse than anything I've said above. I had a good buddy stand up one day and fall into my arms. A week later he was dead because of liver failure. Hows that stock market working out for ya?

None of it matters. Love the people around you while you can. That matters. Money, paper burning in the wind. Shit, happy hour is over! Back to UT football, which is what I care about anyway. Meanwhile, Time marches on . . . Whether you pay attention to it or not . . . And you can't stop it with any amount of money. Perspective guys.
:cool:

Fellas . . . I'm sitting here in my favorite watering hole having just finished up my Christmas shopping. I'm on vacay until Jan1. Feeling kind a bad about our recruiting close . . . Worried about our long term prospects for getting back in the national picture . . .

So I click on this thread and start to read . . . Just passing the time, which is asinine as hell, because time is really the only thing that has any value at all. And I just roll my eyes at what I read . . .

I rarely get 'deep' because quite frankly I dont give a sheet except when it comes to UT football. Seems a lot of people are worried about money . . . Money they have or money they want to have or dont want to lose.

Money doesn't mean a damn thing. It changes nothing with regard to the big picture . . . And that is . . . The Passage of Time. Money doesn't stop that. Wish it did.

I've been poor as shit, like my first job in banking at First Interstate Bank (Wells Fargo) were I earned an astounding $15.5 k a year. I was happier than a pig in sheet. Everything worked physically, full head a hair, big coeck that would get hard in 15 seconds, a brain that could remember anything and everything, squatted 425 and benched 305, and this from a guy who played basketball. Wife had an ass you could roll a Hot Wheels car down, while
laying flat, and it would end up at her ankles. Her teeddies were tight B cups with perfect nipples. The way she used to look at me . . . Oh sheet!

And I've been richer than hell too, like when I opened my own DB company and provided a pathway to real estate moguls to move their $'s offshore legally. I had one hellacious trophy wife, not the one above, and had naked pool parties every other weekend. One of the bedrooms in my house was a stripper room with a dance stage, brass pool, mirrors, fog machine, bar etc. The sheet that went on in that room I can't repeat here. 2007 recession ended all that.

And I've been in between like now. 6 figure annual salary but nothing to write home about. You guys know what I've found? Money hasn't made a bit of difference with regard to my happiness. I'm the same guy, money hasn't made me any happier or sadder. But Time . . . It keeps on going. The number of digits on my bank account statement doesn't affect it. Time, well it makes a difference in your life like money never will.

Now you older fellers will understand what I'm about to say . . . You younger guys will all say 'that wont happen to me'. Um, yea it will and its gonna suck. Not gonna lie. And all the money in the world is not gonna help you.

You're gonna die, that's it and that process sucks. It's just a really slow process. This starts the moment you get out of puberty. Do you know why God made the dying process so drawn out? The answer is that if it happened over 2 or 3 months we would all kill ourselves. The change would be so drastic over such a short amount of time that we wouldn't be able to handle it. God knew better. Kill us slowly like a frog in a pot of water that's set to boil. That's us folks. Gribit gribit.

Only some of us pay attention though. Im one of em. Let me tell you young kids what you have to look forward to . . . At some point you're gonna stop feeling your schlonger. You remember at 17 when you could just think . . . 'Get big n hard now'? That's gonna end as if all lines of communication have been cut between your brain and your balz.

Then you'll start noticing a little extra hair in the shower drain and on your pillow. Hello Bosley! It's about this time when you'll notice your wife or girlfriend starts looking at you differently. Gone is that look of 'throw me over the couch right now' . . . Having been replaced by the look of 'what kind of jewelry can you buy me for Christmas so I can seduce your best friends son'. Everyone wants to feel young, women especially.

Then into your 40's you go. One day you'll wake up and put on your watch . . . and you wont be able to see the face or hands. This happens to 60% of men in their 40's. You'll go down to the Albertsons or Safeway and get yourself some readers. You'll start with 125's then 6 months later it'll be 200's then you'll go to 250's then shamefully shop for the 300's. Suffering in silence because your wife is banging your best friends son anyway and doesn't care.

Depressed yet? It gets worse. At some point you'll discover the wonderousness of sharting. Always keep a pair of backup Jean's in your car. You're gonna need em. Gall bladder problems? Hello!

And then there is the really fun fun stuff of coughing and pissing yourself. This is prostate stuff . . . . Coming to a theater near you! So much fun. Pass the Depends! Hows that money working out for ya? Got shit in your drawers and piss in your pants. Someone pass me the money, that'll fix it!

Listen, I'm not gonna go into cancer, liver failure, renal failure, and all those other goodies but I tell ya money ain't gonna fix this either. And folks, those things are worse than anything I've said above. I had a good buddy stand up one day and fall into my arms. A week later he was dead because of liver failure. Hows that stock market working out for ya?

None of it matters. Love the people around you while you can. That matters. Money, paper burning in the wind. Shit, happy hour is over! Back to UT football, which is what I care about anyway. Meanwhile, Time marches on . . . Whether you pay attention to it or not . . . And you can't stop it with any amount of money. Perspective guys.
I'm so fvcking depressed right now.

Reactions: andrew86e

Very nicely done Sir. After reading this I went home to my double wide, drank a 6 pack of Schlitz and killed myself. It hurt but I’m feeling better now.

Last edited:

Very entertaining, man. A lot of truth. However, I want to contest your "money doesn't mean a damn thing" thing. It bought you some stripper rooms and naked parties most of us will never know and the memories of which will last, well, the rest of your life. Just joking. Money, happiness, joy, health, life, death, and meaning are all fun happy hour topics. Cheers, man.
money-isnt-everything-as-long-as-you-have-enough-quote-1.jpg

stock-photo-gentleman-holding-glass-of-cognac-and-cigar-369101678.jpg

Reactions: Belldozer1

Having a shitload of money won't make you that much happier. Having enough money to afford a house, food and healthcare for your kids definitely will.

Very entertaining, man. A lot of truth. However, I want to contest your "money doesn't mean a damn thing" thing. It bought you some stripper rooms and naked parties most of us will never know and the memories of which will last, well, the rest of your life. Just joking. Money, happiness, joy, health, life, death, and meaning are all fun happy hour topics. Cheers, man.
money-isnt-everything-as-long-as-you-have-enough-quote-1.jpg

stock-photo-gentleman-holding-glass-of-cognac-and-cigar-369101678.jpg
Exactly. Money doesn't make you happy but it makes you a hell of a lot happier than if you were dead broke....Or so I've been told

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
There's more talk of the Fed raising rates too much rather than not enough. I too see slower times ahead, but our economy is strong, companies have been frugal with their investments and any downturn should be short lived. A good time to buy low.

Having a shitload of money won't make you that much happier. Having enough money to afford a house, food and healthcare for your kids definitely will.

Life's stressors are a lot less stressful when you have the ability to rub some money on them.

How many did you drink? That's impressive 87! I know just what ya talkin about! I freeze with I see all these stock " CarpetBaggers" coming throwing stock at ya to buy, I still got my money buried in a secret place on one of my properties in a water air tight case, doesn't go up or down , you can only have so much and then it doesn't matter unless your a International playboy like clob .. the older ya get Family means more than money, so when I die my oldest knows where it is and It will be divided between my sons and college for my Great Grandsons and Daughters, I got a trust for my grandsons when they get oughta the service for their college or a bizness they want to start, its all in cash my trust buried away from the Gov prying eyes, the older ya get you have only family to help ya, cause When its your time, its your time, no flags thrown or whistles blown

Hook'em

Exactly. Money doesn't make you happy but it makes you a hell of a lot happier than if you were dead broke....Or so I've been told

The secret is to keep all ya quarters in a jar to pay for your funeral! If you F*ck the jar , you wound up in a going out the back door in a Hefty into cab to the nearest dumpster instead of mahogany going out the front in a Caddy to some green grass

Damn Okie CarpetBagger!

Hook'em

Are we the only crypto guys here? I have steadily scaled in as BTC was going down to 3200. BTC/XRP are pretty much the only coins I have been accumulating during this bear of a market. As hard as it has been all of 2018, I am still a believer.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Are we the only crypto guys here? I have steadily scaled in as BTC was going down to 3200. BTC/XRP are pretty much the only coins I have been accumulating during this bear of a market. As hard as it has been all of 2018, I am still a believer.
I've avoided crypto. For several reasons.

I got in about 5 years ago and was able to make a nice chunk when Bitcoin peaked. This last year I got in with a small position.......thank God. Got to hold out hope that an IPO is on its way. I also have small positions with Litecoin and Etherium. So many choices out there, I just stuck with a few. Every time I see an ad advertising about getting started trading crypto today, “it only takes a few minutes to sign up” I laugh. Back when I first got started I know it took about 2 weeks to get my wallets set up and my accounts established not to mention getting a bank account linked to my Coinbase etc accounts

Last edited:
Who knew? I didn't even know the market was open today. It got thrashed.
Dow lost 653 for a -2.91% drop
S&P lost 65 for a -2.71% drop
Nasdaq lost 140 for a 2.1% drop

Who knew? I didn't even know the market was open today. It got thrashed.
Dow lost 653 for a -2.91% drop
S&P lost 65 for a -2.71% drop
Nasdaq lost 140 for a 2.1% drop
First no Kate beckinsdale under my tree and now this? Oh the humanity.

Ans therein lies part of the peoblem. People can move from crap investments to good ones but when everybody leaves the market-- this is what we get. The media got you and everybody else.
I don't know about that, man. This bull run aided by QE has long surpassed the normal bull/bear cycles. Zerohedge reported that this was the longest bull run in history it has entered a bear market. The average bear market being 1.4 years. I am not an expert and don't know enough to say definitely one way or the other, but, this falls in line with what I am doing with my funds.

I don't know about that, man. This bull run aided by QE has long surpassed the normal bull/bear cycles. Zerohedge reported that this was the longest bull run in history it has entered a bear market. The average bear market being 1.4 years. I am not an expert and don't know enough to say definitely one way or the other, but, this falls in line with what I am doing with my funds.
What is really happening:

The global elite were convinced trump was going to destroy confidence, usher in global instability, and weaken the global economy. Because of this, they sold their market positions and many even entered short positions. See articles on Soros going short.

When Trump ushered in an era of American economic strength, the global elite missed the buy points, and thus missed a 40%-50% run in under 13 months. Through their banking connections and by extension, banks connections to the FED, the elite are deliberately crashing the markets to bring a better entry point for themselves.

Trump has always had this type of chaos swirling around him, but he's always had a bull market propping up his support. That's why this seems different.

The elite will attempt to get rid of trump this way as they realized what it was like to not be in control, and they didn't like it. The elite have been in control since NAFTA was signed and they want their power back. Make no mistake, when the American people voted for a New York insider, they knew they were getting an a$$hole. People that have the inside line to the FED are freaking out. The FED is just the instrument. It is the only explanation for the FED revising growth projections for 2019 downward to 2.3%......2.3 freaking percent.....and still saying they are raising rates twice. That is, quite simply, rubbing their balls on the face of America's Middle Class.

Media? I don't watch cnbc. Rallies have everything to do with the supply of credit.

The banks clearly don't like Trump. They have been decreasing the money supply since June. The econ is still strong. This is prolly the low or close. Commodities are going to outperform for 8 years or so. Small businesses that are able to pass on inflation will be good as well.

Trump played his ace in the hole with the revocation of troop deployments from Syria, Afgan, and Eastern Africa in response to the feds hiking and their selling of bonds too quickly. The owners of the fed have a vested intrest in Israel. Isreal is surrounded without our help. Any coincidence Netanyahu is trying to conscript devout Jews? He understands that Isreal needs troop numbers boosted and quickly. Russia, Syria, Iran, Turkey, and others are on the way.

Last edited:
Reactions: 071191mhW

You had me at “wife had an ass you could roll a Hot Wheels car down.”

What is really happening:

The global elite were convinced trump was going to destroy confidence, usher in global instability, and weaken the global economy. Because of this, they sold their market positions and many even entered short positions. See articles on Soros going short.

When Trump ushered in an era of American economic strength, the global elite missed the buy points, and thus missed a 40%-50% run in under 13 months. Through their banking connections and by extension, banks connections to the FED, the elite are deliberately crashing the markets to bring a better entry point for themselves.

Trump has always had this type of chaos swirling around him, but he's always had a bull market propping up his support. That's why this seems different.

The elite will attempt to get rid of trump this way as they realized what it was like to not be in control, and they didn't like it. The elite have been in control since NAFTA was signed and they want their power back. Make no mistake, when the American people voted for a New York insider, they knew they were getting an a$$hole. People that have the inside line to the FED are freaking out. The FED is just the instrument. It is the only explanation for the FED revising growth projections for 2019 downward to 2.3%......2.3 freaking percent.....and still saying they are raising rates twice. That is, quite simply, rubbing their balls on the face of America's Middle Class.
I believe you about the elite class of powerful players behind the scenes and some of the control they place on things. These days, many things have to fall in place for it to go perfectly without any adverse events affecting their plan's fulfillment or unexpected consequences. It is weird that the president of the United States has less power than these elites. Nonetheless, I won't underestimate Trump. He isn't afraid of a fight or of exposing things that get in his way. These clashes come with a lot of fear and unforeseen events, but, are sometimes necessary to reach truth. I am a Bush supporter, but, I wish he would have taken care of these bank's indiscretions when he had a chance. We would have taken our lumps already and gotten back to real money. In my mind, there is no such thing as "too big to fail". I don't want to change this to a crypto discussion, but, these are the kinds of things that led to the spawn of crypto. Powers that be screwing with people's livelihoods and lifetime savings.

I believe you about the elite class of powerful players behind the scenes and some of the control they place on things. These days, many things have to fall in place for it to go perfectly without any adverse events affecting their plan's fulfillment or unexpected consequences. It is weird that the president of the United States has less power than these elites. Nonetheless, I won't underestimate Trump. He isn't afraid of a fight or of exposing things that get in his way. These clashes come with a lot of fear and unforeseen events, but, are sometimes necessary to reach truth. I am a Bush supporter, but, I wish he would have taken care of these bank's indiscretions when he had a chance. We would have taken our lumps already and gotten back to real money. In my mind, there is no such thing as "too big to fail". I don't want to change this to a crypto discussion, but, these are the kinds of things that led to the spawn of crypto. Powers that be screwing with people's livelihoods and lifetime savings.

"Crypto" is currently the alpha test for what comes later. If you want to stop "the elites", live debt free. They won't have an income.

Reactions: westx
"Crypto" is currently the alpha test for what comes later. If you want to stop "the elites", live debt free. They won't have an income.
Not that I can even put a dent in the elites, but this is already happening. Adoption and actual utility won’t be a United States thing. It will occur outside of the US in places like Venezuela

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT