ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Stros win 106

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
I know it’s football season and occupying most of our time, but the Astros won their 106th game of the season today with only 56 losses.
Looking forward to the playoffs and optimistic they can make the WS again. Pitching looks good, especially JV , with another C Young coming his way. They have a much better staff this year heading into the playoffs.
Go Stros!!

(oh, and f the yankees)

I know it’s football season and occupying most of our time, but the Astros won their 106th game of the season today with only 56 losses.
Looking forward to the playoffs and optimistic they can make the WS again. Pitching looks good, especially JV , with another C Young coming his way. They have a much better staff this year heading into the playoffs.
Go Stros!!

(oh, and f the yankees)
It's been one helluva season. Dodgers are definitely the team to beat though. Let's Go Stros!!

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Go Stros! Baseball playoff season is always tough - long 5-7 game series with 3 plus hour game times equals less than ideal sleep and it lasts for a month or more. I'm elated for the position we're in but not looking forward to the amount of future grogginess I'm about to experience.

-Once again, go Stros!

Yes, the Braves "dynasty". 🤣
Don't hate we just won our division for the 5th time in a row and guess what the Mets and Philly are both in the postseason as well. And you thought my Braves would fall off after winning. If you paid any attention to the Allstar game for the NL almost the whole staff from last year world series team was selected.

Don't hate we just won our division for the 5th time in a row and guess what the Mets and Philly are both in the postseason as well. And you thought my Braves would fall off after winning. If you paid any attention to the Allstar game for the NL almost the whole staff from last year world series team was selected.

Don't hate. With the World Series championship that the Astros won in 2017, all of their WS and playoff games won and multiple division titles, they are a dynasty too then. Give credit where credit is due. Go Astros!

Reactions: freeper
God I hate the Dodger fans!
October 15, 1988.....I had always hated the Dodgers....but that day was the day I learned to hate them with all the intensity of a thousand burning suns....I hate them more than the Gawdamnedyankees ....more than OU....more than the Red Sox.....and even.........more than the Aggies.....

Reactions: Oldmanastro
Don't hate. With the World Series championship that the Astros won in 2017, all of their WS and playoff games won and multiple division titles, they are a dynasty too then. Give credit where credit is due. Go Astros!
You know damn well nobody will give them credit cause of the cheating scandal. Countless people told me they hated the stros cause of it and glad the Braves won. Let's go Bravos!

Did the Rangers make the playoffs????

Oh no.........I forgot they kept Daniels and got rid of Ryan.............

Now they fire Daniels and Ryan is like "thanks for selling all my hotdogs and becoming the second best team in Texas"............

You know damn well nobody will give them credit cause of the cheating scandal. Countless people told me they hated the stros cause of it and glad the Braves won. Let's go Bravos!
I'd say fans won't but players are realizing it wasn't the cheating. I'd bet money that some of the players that were hating are now ok with being on the Astros. They know it's no fluke they know the Astros are the real deal.

The Astros got caught and were made an example of. Other teams have cheated and have not gotten caught. Sign stealing has gone on for decades. The Yankees and Red Sox both got caught and got a slap on the wrist compared to the Astros. The Astros were fined $5M, lost their first and second round draft picks in 2018 and 2019, and fired the GM and HC. They have paid the price for what happened. It was five years ago.

There is a solid argument to be made that the Astros have been the best team in MLB over the last five years. They won the WS in 2017 and were in two other WS, but lost. You call me a hater? I don't hate the Braves. Just ribbing you because you think that they're a "dynasty". They aren't. Go Astros! I'd love to see the Astros and Braves rematch in the WS and the Astros pay them back!

Did the Rangers make the playoffs????

Oh no.........I forgot they kept Daniels and got rid of Ryan.............

Now they fire Daniels and Ryan is like "thanks for selling all my hotdogs and becoming the second best team in Texas"............
I never understood how Nolan Ryan got so much credit for the success and Daniels got so much blame for the failures. The majority of those players on the World Series teams were guys that the team acquired before Nolan even got there. Daniels was responsible for the Ron Washington hire and then the Mark Texiera trade which happened prior to Nolan's arrival. Those 2 moves right there were a huge part in their successes during that time period.

October 15, 1988.....I had always hated the Dodgers....but that day was the day I learned to hate them with all the intensity of a thousand burning suns....I hate them more than the Gawdamnedyankees ....more than OU....more than the Red Sox.....and even.........more than the Aggies.....
Is that the “Kirk Gibson” incident? I remember where I was when it happened.
Growing up I hated the dodgers as well. Back when they were in the same division. Always thought Tommy Lasorda was an arrogant, overrated ass. Still not a Dusty Baker fan to this day.

The Astros got caught and were made an example of. Other teams have cheated and have not gotten caught. Sign stealing has gone on for decades. The Yankees and Red Sox both got caught and got a slap on the wrist compared to the Astros. The Astros were fined $5M, lost their first and second round draft picks in 2018 and 2019, and fired the GM and HC. They have paid the price for what happened. It was five years ago.

There is a solid argument to be made that the Astros have been the best team in MLB over the last five years. They won the WS in 2017 and were in two other WS, but lost. You call me a hater? I don't hate the Braves. Just ribbing you because you think that they're a "dynasty". They aren't. Go Astros! I'd love to see the Astros and Braves rematch in the WS and the Astros pay them back!

People don't forget even if it was 5 years ago. I know what happen no need to explain. Well someone always has to take the fall you know that as well. I don't hate on the stros I bet you don't remember the Braves and the stros use to play all the time when they were both in the NL. The Astros only recent history is now so dont forget that. The rematch would be great, but if the Braves take out the Dodgers we will win it again. That is the only team that scares me. The Braves have way more history than the astros. Let's go Braves!

Last edited:

There is a solid argument to be made that the Astros have been the best team in MLB over the last five years. They won the WS in 2017 and were in two other WS, but lost. You call me a hater? I don't hate the Braves. Just ribbing you because you think that they're a "dynasty". They aren't. Seems that you're the one hating on the Astros. Go Astros! I'd love to see the Astros and Braves rematch in the WS and the Astros pay them back!
Sign stealing with electronics is a whole different thing though. They should have been stripped of their title.

Sign stealing with electronics is a whole different thing though. They should have been stripped of their title.

The MLB commissioner decided not to do that. So you're saying that sign stealing is ok as long as it's not via electronics, and if the Astros has stolen signs, as do other teams, that they should be "allowed" to keep their WS title? Interesting.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
People don't forget even if it was 5 years ago. I know what happen no need to explain. Well someone always has to take the fall you know that as well. I don't hate on the stros I bet you don't remember the Braves and the stros use to play all the time when they were both in the NL. The Astros only recent history is now so dont forget that. The rematch would be great, but if the Braves take out the Dodgers we will win it again. That is the only team that scares me. The Braves have way more history than the astros. Let's go Braves!

People need to get over it. The Astros paid their penance. It's in the past, five years ago. Time to move on. I do remember the Astros back when they were in the NL and played all of the teams in the NL. I went to many games in the Dome in my day. And no, the Astros history isn't only recent. They had some damn good teams in the 80' and 90's too. The Astros have had some of the best pitchers in MLB history, and this year they lead MLB in ERA. I don't think anyone is beating the Dodgers in the NL.

The MLB commissioner decided not to do that. So you're saying that sign stealing is ok as long as it's not via electronics, and if the Astros has stolen signs, as do other teams, that they should be "allowed" to keep their WS title? Interesting.
Sign stealing is never alright. But the elaborate operation they had going was something else. There’s no place for cheaters in any sport.

Sign stealing is never alright. But the elaborate operation they had going was something else. There’s no place for cheaters in any sport.

Agree. All of the other teams who have cheated should be punished more severely than they were. The Astros aren't alone in that regard. Thing is, the Astros are a damn good team. They didn't need to steal signs, and they haven't done it since then and they're still kicking ass. Gotta give credit where credit is due.

Fans are the only ones that whine about cheating. Players know about it in every sport. I'm not saying it's ok but I know players are not as worried about it as much as fans. It's over....Astros got their spankings and are still winning.

People need to get over it. The Astros paid their penance. It's in the past, five years ago. Time to move on. I do remember the Astros back when they were in the NL and played all of the teams in the NL. I went to many games in the Dome in my day. And no, the Astros history isn't only recent. They had some damn good teams in the 80' and 90's too. The Astros have had some of the best pitchers in MLB history, and this year they lead MLB in ERA. I don't think anyone is beating the Dodgers in the NL.
I like the banter MM, but don't forget who was the team in the 90s and don't forget who also had 3 studs that was probably the best pitching rotation in MLB history. You and I can both agree on hating the Dodgers and whether you face us or the Dodgers you will still have to deal with Freddie Freeman again.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I like the banter MM, but don't forget who was the team in the 90s and don't forget who also had 3 studs that was probably the best pitching rotation in MLB history. You and I can both agree on hating the Dodgers and whether you face us or the Dodgers you will still have to deal with Freddie Freeman again.

I hate the Dodgers, Yankees and Red Sox. I don't hate the Braves. The postseason is loaded. It's going to be fun to watch!

In 1962 my uncle drove me to Houston from Amarillo to see the Colt 45's play the Reds and Pirates. It was pre-Astro Dome, played in an outdoor stadium. We were really excited to see major league baseball in Texas. Someone pointed out to us that Kansas City was closer to Amarillo if we wanted to see Major League Baseball. But it just wasn't Texas.

Last edited:
In 1962 my uncle drove me to Houston from Amarillo to see the Colt 45's play the Reds and Pirates. It was pre-Astro Dome, played in an outdoor stadium. We were really excited to see major league baseball in Texas. Someone pointed out to us that Kansas City was closer to Amarillo if we wanted to see Major League Baseball. But it just wasn't Texas.

You are old.

They got the daytime game slot, once again, so yankees get night game. With that said, they have been very successful in it, so be it. JV on the mound!
2:37pm.

Go Stros!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT