OT: Stros win 106

Thank you Peña for ending this madness. At least they will get a little rest waiting for the other series to wrap up.

Reactions: freeper
Baseball? All I know is that the Dodgers have been eliminated they didn't even make it out of the playoffs.

In the national league you got a couple of wildcards neither who won 90 games playing for the pennant.

I really never hated the Yankees but if Cleveland takes them out tomorrow night I will laugh.

You know, I agree. Correa & Springer both earned the right to a bigger paycheck and have some years left in the tank. With moving on, they can somewhat escape being a villain for their entire remaining career.

They lifted us from worst to first & I'll always be grateful for their time here.
Springer has been a hell of alot harder to replace than Correa. Pena is under one run of WAR to Carlos.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Sign stealing is never alright. But the elaborate operation they had going was something else. There’s no place for cheaters in any sport.
Sign stealing in baseball is a much a part of the culture as chewing tobacco. There is nothing wrong with it until you use electronics. Is that what you meant?

Sign stealing in baseball is a much a part of the culture as chewing tobacco. There is nothing wrong with it until you use electronics. Is that what you meant?
If you pick up on a teams signs then that's fine. But when you're using technology to do it then that's a different ball game.

Reactions: jmr1954
If you pick up on a teams signs then that's fine. But when you're using technology to do it then that's a different ball game.
Which is what I wrote. We agree then. But you did write that stealing signs is never alright in an earlier post.

Which is what I wrote. We agree then. But you did write that stealing signs is never alright in an earlier post.
I don't really think stealing signs is cheating. I think using cameras like they did was what went overboard with it. Either way it's done and over with.

I don't really think stealing signs is cheating. I think using cameras like they did was what went overboard with it. Either way it's done and over with.

This. It's been five years since the sign stealing thing with the Astros. They have paid their penalties. The Astros are a damn good team and they win with great talent and chemistry. Some people need to let it go.

This. It's been five years since the sign stealing thing with the Astros. They have paid their penalties. The Astros are a damn good team and they win with great talent and chemistry. Some people need to let it go.
After all the data was compiled, they actually performed worse when being tipped off. I guess it probably took them out of routine & focus.

Didn't make it ok, but it's in the past now.

Reactions: LonghornMM
And there are exactly five current Astro players on the '17 WS roster.

We're still mulling over this? Astros have proven that they're legit and if fans (some Astro, Dodgers, Stanks, Boston etc..) can't figure that out they should stop watching baseball. Hope we win another because parade day is fun as hell!

We're still mulling over this? Astros have proven that they're legit and if fans (some Astro, Dodgers, Stanks, Boston etc..) can't figure that out they should stop watching baseball. Hope we win another because parade day is fun as hell!

That, and the annoyance factor of how it would get under the haters skin! The Astros live rent-free in their heads! 🤣

That, and the annoyance factor of how it would get under the haters skin! The Astros live rent-free in their heads! 🤣
Yeah I was texting with my cousin in LA and he brought up wanting to play us again but this time no cheating. I told him we didn't cheat in LA....=)roll. He laughed but what's even more funny is the Dodgers are out!:eek:=)roll

Yeah I was texting with my cousin in LA and he brought up wanting to play us again but this time no cheating. I told him we didn't cheat in LA....=)roll. He laughed but what's even more funny is the Dodgers are out!:eek:=)roll
The Pads must have cheated. How else would that great Dodger team, one of the best of all time, have lost?

• Haha
Reactions: LongfellowDrew