ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Texit

As a gun owner who has never fired his gun (they scare me) - I have a theory. If the sh*t hits the fan, and the dollar is worth nothing --- forget gold and bitcoin, he who has the most ammo is the most secure. Not from a standpoint of self defense, but as a substitute for dollars -- bullets will be valued, and can be traded for whatever you need. Prove me wrong.
Bullets traded?

My man- if the fecal matter hits the overhead oscillator, I'm not trading you my bullets for food. I'm giving you my bullets, and taking your food. One time only deal.

As a gun owner who has never fired his gun (they scare me) - I have a theory. If the sh*t hits the fan, and the dollar is worth nothing --- forget gold and bitcoin, he who has the most ammo is the most secure. Not from a standpoint of self defense, but as a substitute for dollars -- bullets will be valued, and can be traded for whatever you need. Prove me wrong.
The defense of a fixed position is something that (given the proper/optimal environment), one can hold out indefinitely.
Pick up a history book and look- there's several examples.

Did you know that Conwyn Castle in Wales was never breeched? If you ever visit it, you'll see why.

While I agree in principle to a certain extent, if you’re afraid of your gun what’s to stop someone from just taking all your ammo instead of bartering for it?
I’m not dogging on you so please don’t take offense. Just following the train of thought based on the given scenario.
No offense taken. I didn't say I wouldn't use it. I'm just smart enough to know I'm not the most careful guy around. My fear is hurting someone else or myself accidently. So today - for purposes of avoiding an inadvertent accident - I just collect ammo. Now, if the sh*t hits the fan, all bets are off!

No offense taken. I didn't say I wouldn't use it. I'm just smart enough to know I'm not the most careful guy around. My fear is hurting someone else or myself accidently. So today - for purposes of avoiding an inadvertent accident - I just collect ammo. Now, if the sh*t hits the fan, all bets are off!
Ok. That makes more sense. I misunderstood your stance. Nothing wrong with being concerned about having to use it. I think that makes you a responsible gun owner. In a end of times, world gone to shit scenario, you do what you have to do to survive. Anyone that gets in the way was probably there with bad intentions anyway.

Reactions: diadevic
So after the banks take a bunch of houses and used cars that aren't paid off, what do they expect to do with them after that?

Reactions: clob94
So after the banks take a bunch of houses and used cars that aren't paid off, what do they expect to do with them after that?
Exactly.

The banks don't want your house or your car. They want your money. They got stuck with houses back in 2008. Didn't go so well for them.
What the people don't understand is, we can collapse the entire system any moment we want to.
The IRS
The banks
The entire monetary system--

Poof.

Gone.

Just withdraw all your money from the bank and then refuse to pay income tax.

In 24 hours, the system is done.

Reactions: Etlonghorn
Also, the Fed is not taking millions of peoples stuff without a fight, and if there is a fight they will need the military. The military is not going to fight against their families and themselves.

Also, the Fed is not taking millions of peoples stuff without a fight, and if there is a fight they will need the military. The military is not going to fight against their families and themselves.
First, let me say that I pray you’re right. Second, I used to believe that until I saw the reaction to the Govt edicts during Covid. I’m not convinced that’s the case now. I think we have to be prepared for the alternative.

Reactions: Lampasas
First, let me say that I pray you’re right. Second, I used to believe that until I saw the reaction to the Govt edicts during Covid. I’m not convinced that’s the case now. I think we have to be prepared for the alternative.
There's always a certain % of the population that will collaborate. Just look in the history books.
But after those individuals are targeted and removed, it makes life a lot more difficult for the aggressor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT