OT: The Other fall seasons

GuaranteedFresh!

Oct 31, 2010
Anyone seeing dove migration yet? My place is down in wilson county so this is south zone opening weekend. All I've seen are local birds coming in to roost so far. Was the same at my buds place in Blancothe last 2 weekends as well. Any flock sightings out there yet?

Anyone seeing dove migration yet? My place is down in wilson county so this is south zone opening weekend. All I've seen are local birds coming in to roost so far. Was the same at my buds place in Blancothe last 2 weekends as well. Any flock sightings out there yet?
Still locals at the house in East Texas. I was at the ranch in Roscoe this week and they were definitely locals. Weather has been weird out there for the last 3 weeks so I’m not surprised we’re not seeing Yankee birds yet.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
Still locals at the house in East Texas. I was at the ranch in Roscoe this week and they were definitely locals. Weather has been weird out there for the last 3 weeks so I’m not surprised we’re not seeing Yankee birds yet.
I have a bud who retired to a little ranch outside Enid OK. He said they just now started seeing flocks larger than 4-5 start coming in. Hopefully they'll make it down to us before seasons end.

I have a bud who retired to a little ranch outside Enid OK. He said they just now started seeing flocks larger than 4-5 start coming in. Hopefully they'll make it down to us before seasons end.
We had a hurricane in the gulf this week.

That usually slows down any sort of southward migration.