ADVERTISEMENT

Overshown

Mike Gundy is a good coach but not irreplaceable. He's won 1 Big XII title but he choked least 3 times since then. He's 2/13 against OK. How many times have I seen OSU choke against OK? The year he won his Big XII title, 2011, was the only time OSU beat OK when it mattered. And they beat ST in a classic FB.

But since then they've lost both of their NY6 bowls. But T Boone has singlehandedly upgraded the facilities and their stadium and they should be attract a top notch coach. Who knows they might finally find a coach who won't choke against OK.

Mike Gundy brought this on himself and I'm certain he's agreed to step down at the end of the season. And although he's only 53 his contact is such that he doesn't have to work for the rest of life. And that's another reason not to feel sorry for him.
OSU choking against ou is in their dna, regardless of who the head coach is. I believe every last one of OSU head coaches have a losing record against them, save Les Miles-I believe he was 2-1 against ou. I just can't imagine anybody having the success Gundy brought to OSU year in-year out. He has .67 winning average which means he wins an average of 8.6 games/season. Pretty good for 15 seasons. One more side note. He has taken the Cowboys to a bowl every year except once in his 15 seasons. Bowl record 9-5.

Last edited:
Reactions: freeper
Mike Gundy is a good coach but not irreplaceable. He's won 1 Big XII title but he choked least 3 times since then. He's 2/13 against OK. How many times have I seen OSU choke against OK? The year he won his Big XII title, 2011, was the only time OSU beat OK when it mattered. And they beat ST in a classic FB.

Mike Gundy brought this on himself and I'm certain he's agreed to step down at the end of the season. And although he's only 53 his contact is such that he doesn't have to work for the rest of life. And that's another reason not to feel sorry for him.

I'll bet you define everyone that doesn't believe every word written or broadcast by CNN a racist.

Regardless of what you think about Gundy, Okie State is sub .500 as a program without him. If you think they will ever get and/or keep a coach as good as Gundy after they fire him because the players don't like his tshirts, you smoke crack. A lot of crack. Probable meth and bath salts too.

And when they descend back into mediocrity, we can have a conversation about who brought this on themselves.

I'll bet you define everyone that doesn't believe every word written or broadcast by CNN a racist.

Regardless of what you think about Gundy, Okie State is sub .500 as a program without him. If you think they will ever get and/or keep a coach as good as Gundy after they fire him because the players don't like his tshirts, you smoke crack. A lot of crack. Probable meth and bath salts too.

And when they descend back into mediocrity, we can have a conversation about who brought this on themselves.

I don't watch CNN.

And when they descend back into mediocrity, we can have a conversation about who brought this on themselves.[/QUOTE

I said this before earlier today and I'll say it again. Anybody can insult and talk like a tough guy on a message board where nobody knows your name. Think about it. Lets talk about facilities.

In regards to Mike Gundy

Grant Teaff won more with less.
Bill Snyder especially won more with less and he also beat OK more, actually a lot more, than Mike Gundy.
And he may be an asshole but Art Briles did better than Mike Gundy during the time when their teams went against each other.

I doubt if anyone on here will listen to it but RJ Young has a podcast that is both informative and entertaining. He's been on the Mike Gundy story from the beginning. Listen to a few of them and you'll realize there's a lot we didn't know about this guy. I listen to them and now I'm really pissed we lost 7 out of 10 to this guy.

And I'm going to be blunt. Big time fb and in the NFL the majority of the players are black men. If a coach doesn't have a solid man to man relationship with black players he's not going to be a success. Fred Akers didn't and he finally got fired. Bob Weltlich didn't and he got fired. And it's bullshit to say that has a coach has to cater to them. A coach has to have an understanding of what is going on with young people today. And no it's not just black players it's white players, all players if you're going to win. Mack Brown had it in spades. Good grief it's a great thing to see when players from all backgrounds and all kinds of attitudes, all kinds lifestyles unify and win it all. And racially speaking it's been like this in fb long before blm.

And I'm beginning find out that Mike Gundy doesn't have it and were starting to find out he never has. Not one black teammate/player from the past has spoken up for him. Now he has done a lot for OSU believe me I know that. He's got a sharp offensive mind. But he could have won more. If were going to be honest T. Boone deserves as much credit. Mike Gundy won the games but T. Boone bill built the faculties, gave the stadium a facelift. Baylor fb didn't go down the toilet after Art belt Briles and if OSU ad Kris Holder does it right the next OSU coach can take them to that next level.

And yes Mike Gundy deserves credit for getting OSU fb off the ground I'll be the first one to say it. But let's stop making it sound like he was an incredible coach. I can't believe that some people think he's a better coach than Mack Brown.

My .02 worth

I said this before earlier today and I'll say it again. Anybody can insult and talk like a tough guy on a message board where nobody knows your name. Think about it. Lets talk about facilities.

In regards to Mike Gundy

Bill Snyder especially won more with less and he also beat OK more, actually a lot more, than Mike Gundy.
And he may be an asshole but Art Briles did better than Mike Gundy during the time when their teams went against each other.

I doubt if anyone on here will listen to it but RJ Young has a podcast that is both informative and entertaining. He's been on the Mike Gundy story from the beginning. Listen to a few of them and you'll realize there's a lot we didn't know about this guy. I listen to them and now I'm really pissed we lost 7 out of 10 to this guy.

And I'm going to be blunt. Big time fb and in the NFL the majority of the players are black men its been like this for the last 30 years. If a coach doesn't have a solid man to man relationship with black players he's not going to be a success. Fred Akers didn't and he finally got fired. Bob Weltlich didn't and he got fired. And it's bullshit to say that a coach has to cater to them. A coach has to have an understanding of what is going on with young people today. And no it's not just black players it's white players, all players if you're going to win. Mack Brown had it in spades. Good grief it's a great thing to see when players from all backgrounds and all kinds of attitudes, all kinds lifestyles unify and win it all. And racially speaking it's been like this in fb long before blm.

And I'm beginning find out that Mike Gundy doesn't have it and were starting to find out he never has. Not one black teammate/player from the past has spoken up for him. Now he has done a lot for OSU believe me I know that. He's got a sharp offensive mind. But he could have won more. If were going to be honest T. Boone deserves as much credit for OSU's success. Mike Gundy won the games but T. Boone bill built the faculties, gave the stadium a face lift. Baylor fb didn't go down the toilet after Art belt Briles and if OSU ad Kris Holder does it right the next OSU coach can take them to that next level. Believe me everything is in place in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

And yes Mike Gundy deserves credit for getting OSU fb off the ground I'll be the first one to say it. I'm sure and I honestly think that all in all he's a decent man. However he doesn't seem to understand young people and not just young black people. And let's stop making it sound like he was an incredible coach. I can't believe that some people think he's a better coach than Mack Brown. Mack Brown was a far better communicator and it's not even close. He would have never berated a female reporter like Mike Gundy did. He had a much better sense of public relations than Mike Gundy and again its not even close. And whether you want to acknowledge it or not a coach has to have a sense of public relations. And most important he had a great relationship with players past and present. In these uncertain racial times I'm sure he has unified his team it's one of his best attributes. And I will conclude that if Mike Gundy survives this summer maybe he can turn this thing around and have an emotionally charged team that will be head and shoulders above the rest of the Big XII cause the thing OSU has the best team in the Big XII.

My .02 worth

Last edited:

In regards to Mike Gundy

And I'm going to be blunt. Big time fb and in the NFL the majority of the players are black men its been like this for the last 30 years. If a coach doesn't have a solid man to man relationship with black players he's not going to be a success. Fred Akers didn't and he finally got fired. Bob Weltlich didn't and he got fired. And it's bullshit to say that a coach has to cater to them. A coach has to have an understanding of what is going on with young people today. And no it's not just black players it's white players, all players if you're going to win. Mack Brown had it in spades. Good grief it's a great thing to see when players from all backgrounds and all kinds of attitudes, all kinds lifestyles unify and win it all. And racially speaking it's been like this in fb long before blm.

And I'm beginning find out that Mike Gundy doesn't have it and were starting to find out he never has. Not one black teammate/player from the past has spoken up for him. Now he has done a lot for OSU believe me I know that. He's got a sharp offensive mind. But he could have won more. If were going to be honest T. Boone deserves as much credit for OSU's success. Mike Gundy won the games but T. Boone bill built the faculties, gave the stadium a face lift. Baylor fb didn't go down the toilet after Art belt Briles and if OSU ad Kris Holder does it right the next OSU coach can take them to that next level. Believe me everything is in place in Stillwater, Oklahoma.

And yes Mike Gundy deserves credit for getting OSU fb off the ground I'll be the first one to say it. I'm sure and I honestly think that all in all he's a decent man. However he doesn't seem to understand young people and not just young black people. And let's stop making it sound like he was an incredible coach. I can't believe that some people think he's a better coach than Mack Brown. Mack Brown was a far better communicator and it's not even close. He would have never berated a female reporter like Mike Gundy did. He had a much better sense of public relations than Mike Gundy and again its not even close. And whether you want to acknowledge it or not a coach has to have a sense of public relations. And most important he had a great relationship with players past and present. In these uncertain racial times I'm sure he has unified his team it's one of his best attributes. And I will conclude that if Mike Gundy survives this summer maybe he can turn this thing around and have an emotionally charged team that will be head and shoulders above the rest of the Big XII cause the thing OSU has the best team in the Big XII.

My .02 worth

Jesus Christ

Grant Teaff was barely over .500 as a coach and 4-4 in bowls.
Bill Snyder has a winning % of .646 and is 9-10 in bowls.
Art Briles has a winning % of .604 and was 3-6 in bowls.

Mike Gundy has a winning % of .668 and is 9-5 in bowls.

In 15 years, he's had one guy complain about their relationship and that was after Gundy wore a tshirt he didn't like. He sure hasn't seemed to have a difficult time relating to all that NFL talent he has produced over the last 15 years.

Gundy yells at reporters. The only coaches I can think of that behave that way are:

Belichick
Parcels
Saban
Swinney
Bryant
Hayes
Patterson

I think it's funny that someone would start a post about facts. And then write a post that is a factually inaccurate editorial about Mike Gundy.

Jesus Christ

Grant Teaff was barely over .500 as a coach and 4-4 in bowls.
Bill Snyder has a winning % of .646 and is 9-10 in bowls.
Art Briles has a winning % of .604 and was 3-6 in bowls.

Mike Gundy has a winning % of .668 and is 9-5 in bowls.

In 15 years, he's had one guy complain about their relationship and that was after Gundy wore a tshirt he didn't like. He sure hasn't seemed to have a difficult time relating to all that NFL talent he has produced over the last 15 years.

Gundy yells at reporters. The only coaches I can think of that behave that way are:

Belichick
Parcels
Saban
Swinney
Bryant
Hayes
Patterson

I think it's funny that someone would start a post about facts. And then write a post that is a factually inaccurate editorial about Mike Gundy.

Ok first of all Teaff, Snyder, and Briles all won more conference championships than Gundy which is the bottom line. Snyder and Briles had more success against OK than Gundy look it up. And one last thing Teaff and Snyder did it without a sugar daddy aka T. Boone.

Obviously you didn't bother to watch the RJ Young podcasts I spoke of. 1 more time. Not 1 black teammate of his and not 1 black player of his from the past has spoken up for him. Not 1.

And since you want to bring up dead coaches and yelling at writers here's some dead coaches who didn't treat the press like that.

Royal
McKay
Don James
Shula

Now here's the coaches who are still alive
Brown
Carroll
Reid
Levy

I'm not through with you yet.

This is Mike Gundy's 16th year at OSU Mack Brown coached at TX for 16 years. I am flabbergasted that people on this thread think that Mike Gundy is a better coach than Mack Brown. Besides everything I wrote yesterday. Here are more things that proves that Mack Brown is a better coach than Mike Gundy.

Recruiting? Not even close.
A better coaching staff again not even close.
Relationship with alums again not even close. And now we're finding out that Mike Gundy wasn't as tight with T. Boone as we thought.
In game adjustments before he started to slide his last 4 years Mack Brown had the edge.
One last thing. Mack Brown 1.nc Mike Gundy 0
NY6 level bowls. Mack Brown 4/2 Mike Gundy 1/2

Let's get to the heart of matter shall we? All of this ridiculous bullshit about Mike Gundy Everyone on here is coming to the defense of Mike Gundy for one reason because Chuba Hubbard, who is black, criticized Mike Gundy for wearing a t-shirt saying OAN. Look even the wiki defines OAN as promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories you know Alex Jones type bullshit.

Now here's the kicker. If this had been an OK coach, or an Aggie coach wearing an OAN t-shirt a lot of people who have posted on this thread would have jumped down those coaches throats. So why are you defending this guy? Why can't posters on this thread try to really investigate this matter all the Mike Gundy stories that have come up have not been refuted. One last thing about this winning percentage that Mike Gundy has. That reminds me of a lot of coaches and players especially in the pros who put up great numbers, great stats, and didn't win, and wasn't great when it mattered most.

Last edited:
Ok first of all Teaff, Snyder, and Briles all won more conference championships than Gundy which is the bottom line. Snyder and Briles had more success against OK than Gundy look it up. And one last thing Teaff and Snyder did it without a sugar daddy aka T. Boone.

Obviously you didn't bother to watch the RJ Young podcasts I spoke of. 1 more time. Not 1 black teammate of his and not 1 black player of his from the past has spoken up for him. Not 1.

And since you want to bring up dead coaches and yelling at writers here's some dead coaches who didn't treat the press like that.

Royal
McKay
Don James
Shula

Brown
Carroll
Reid
Levy

This is Mike Gundy's 16th year at OSU Mack Brown coached at TX for 16 years. I am flabbergasted that people on this thread think that Mike Gundy is a better coach than Mack Brown. Besides everything I wrote yesterday. Here are more things that proves that Mack Brown is a better coach than Mike Gundy.

Relationship with alums again not even close. And now we're finding out that Mike Gundy wasn't as tight with T. Boone as we thought.
In game adjustments before he started to slide his last 4 years Mack Brown had the edge.

Let's get to the heart of matter shall we? All of this ridiculous bullshit about Mike Gundy Everyone on here is coming to the defense of Mike Gundy for one reason because Chuba Hubbard, who is black, criticized Mike Gundy for wearing a t-shirt saying OAN. Look even the wiki defines OAN as promoting falsehoods and conspiracy theories you know Alex Jones type bullshit.

Now here's the kicker. If this had been an OK coach, or an Aggie coach wearing an OAN t-shirt a lot of people who have posted on this thread would have jumped down those coaches throats. So why are you defending this guy? Why can't posters on this thread try to really investigate this matter all the Mike Gundy stories that have come up have not been refuted. One last thing about this winning percentage that Mike Gundy has. That reminds me of a lot of coaches and players especially in the pros who put up great numbers, great stats, and didn't win, and wasn't great when it mattered most.

The only things Mack has on Gundy are chocolate chip cookies and orange slices. Without VY, MB was a failure.

Gundy will leave OSU rolling in the $$$. OSU will be a shipwreck going forward.

Gundy will be at a top-flight SEC school within 3 years. Think Florida, Tennessee, Aggy(I hope not), or Auburn. Gundy would crush tommy with the aggy money and cheating.

Grades:

Mack: B+ If not for VY, this drops to a C.
Gundy: A- Had to work with that ass Boone Pickens and very little otherwise.
Tommy: F+ Shooting birdies, need I say more?

Last edited:
OSU is in the middle of nowhere. Literally. Look at OSU hoops under Eddie Sutton. Look at OSU hoops since. Then project OSU football after Gundy is gone. The comparison of UT vs. OSU is embarrassing - they should not even be in the same zip code.

I was as big a critic of Mack as there was but my goodness!...all those 10 win seasons....then there is the Natty......It should not take away from Mack that he had Vince, or Colt, or all those other great players.....that ought to ADD to his resume, not take away from it....

Not only that but he was sooooo close to winning multiple other championships...ONE dropped dead to rights interception to win the game and win the Big 12 and propel us to the Title game in 2008.....2009...we were on our way to DOMINATING Bama in the title game and Colt goes down so early. As it was that game was still undecided with under 4 minutes to go....Gundy NEVER EVER had that type success. I give him credit for what he has done with what he had to work with ….but really?

Royal
McKay
Don James
Shula

Brown
Carroll
Reid
Levy

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we were only allowed to use the stats that supported your argument and I evidently didn't properly weight the value of 1 conference championship.

You're right. I don't watch RJ Young's podcast. I've tried to watch him, but he's usually so idiotically biased that I can't make it to the end. If RJ Young is your idea of accurate reporting, I'm sorry.

If you don't think Don Shula ever yelled at a reporter, you don't know a lot about Don Shula.

Who said that Mike Gundy was a better coach than Mack Brown. I said that Mike Gundy is a really good coach and his record reflects that. He is the greatest coach in Okie State history.

You said that he's replaceable and the compared him to a group of coaches that had great success at other schools. You failed to mention that K State has struggled mightily to replace Snyder and that Matt Rhule jump at the very first offer he had to get out of Waco. That's because jobs like Baylor, K State, and Okie State are considered 2nd tier jobs.
The fact that Mike Gundy wants to be the coach at Okie State that much more important.

Attributing Okie States success to T. Boone Pickens is so ridiculous. The fact that Pickens and Gundy didn't like each other is old news.If new facilities and big money donors means greater success, explain aggy, Michigan, and UCLA.

You talk about investigating Mike Gundy. Okie State investigated Mike Gundy and found no evidence of racism.

I'm not going to respond to the obviously bias liberal propaganda portion of you post, because it's a waste of time.

However, I know that I would never try to take someone's livelihood over a shirt I didn't like.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize that we were only allowed to use the stats that supported your argument and I evidently didn't properly weight the value of 1 conference championship.

You're right. I don't watch RJ Young's podcast. I've tried to watch him, but he's usually so idiotically biased that I can't make it to the end. If RJ Young is your idea of accurate reporting, I'm sorry.

If you don't think Don Shula ever yelled at a reporter, you don't know a lot about Don Shula.

Who said that Mike Gundy was a better coach than Mack Brown. I said that Mike Gundy is a really good coach and his record reflects that. He is the greatest coach in Okie State history.

You said that he's replaceable and the compared him to a group of coaches that had great success at other schools. You failed to mention that K State has struggled mightily to replace Snyder and that Matt Rhule jump at the very first offer he had to get out of Waco. That's because jobs like Baylor, K State, and Okie State are considered 2nd tier jobs.
The fact that Mike Gundy wants to be the coach at Okie State that much more important.

Attributing Okie States success to T. Boone Pickens is so ridiculous. The fact that Pickens and Gundy didn't like each other is old news.If new facilities and big money donors means greater success, explain aggy, Michigan, and UCLA.

You talk about investigating Mike Gundy. Okie State investigated Mike Gundy and found no evidence of racism.

I'm not going to respond to the obviously bias liberal propaganda portion of you post, because it's a waste of time.

However, I know that I would never try to take someone's livelihood over a shirt I didn't like.

Bill Snyder has only been gone 1 year. And last year his successor beat OK something we didn't do.

Long before Baylor Matt Rhule dream job was the NFL.

And since did winning censorship not become the standard bearer?

Most people know how much T. Boone influenced OSU athletics. And I did say that Mike Gundy was the one who won the games.

And you we're one of the people who said Mike Gundy was a better coach than Mack Brown.

And UCLA has terrible facilities. The cow college has been dominated by AL and LSU.

OSU has not defended Mike Gundy. I've said before this is similar to Urban Meyer they're trying to contain this until the end of the season so they can replace Mike Gundy.

Bill Snyder may be the greatest coach in the history of football. See this SI article from 1989. Headline: K-State is "America's most Hapless Team."

After 93 years of trying to play the game, the Wildcats' record is 299-509-41, dead last among the 106 schools in Division I-A. Next worst is Wake Forest, which has won 308 games and lost 451 over six fewer years of trying. State has been looking for its 300th win since Oct. 18, 1986; the Wildcats have failed 27 straight times, the longest nonwinning streak in the land (they forged a 17-17 tie with Kansas in 1987)

Snyder turned them into a formidable opponent for decades. He may not have won a national championship, but to accomplish what he did at that place is a miracle.

https://vault.si.com/vault/1989/09/...laim-to-fame-it-is-americas-most-hapless-team

This is a little unfair, cali. Chubba Hubbard being black has nothing to do with many posters on here disagreeing with what he did. There are several of us on this board that have respected what Gundy has managed to accomplish at OSU and have posted about it over the years. Is it possible to disagree with black people and not be racist? The thought of being labeled racist for disagreeing with BLM perspectives is racist in and of itself. I do not watch OANN, but if it is conspiracy theory that bothers people, why not hold everybody to the same standard. CNN and MSNBC and others propagandized an attempted coup of the president on a bogus premise.

Bill Snyder has only been gone 1 year. And last year his successor beat OK something we didn't do.

Long before Baylor Matt Rhule dream job was the NFL.

And since did winning censorship not become the standard bearer?

Most people know how much T. Boone influenced OSU athletics. And I did say that Mike Gundy was the one who won the games.

And you we're one of the people who said Mike Gundy was a better coach than Mack Brown.

And UCLA has terrible facilities. The cow college has been dominated by AL and LSU.

OSU has not defended Mike Gundy. I've said before this is similar to Urban Meyer they're trying to contain this until the end of the season so they can replace Mike Gundy.

More slant and opinion.

Show me a post where I said Mike Gundy is a better coach than Mack Brown.

Bill Snyder may be easily replaceable, but it took them 95 years to find him and from 2006-2008, they were 17-20, fired their coach, and begged him to come back. So, I'm going to need more than an 8-5 season to conclude that ole Bill can easily be replaced.

How much did Pickens influence their performance if it's so easily quantifiable, because it sure doesn't show up in recruiting rankings. We've crushed them in recruiting over the last decade and they've beaten us 7-10 times.

blah, blah, blah more opinion presented as fact by you.

Do you think that every athlete at Texas believes that The Eyes of Texas is racist? Based on your logic, they must, because they haven't spoken out in support of it. Could it possibly be that they are afraid of the potential impact of taking a stance that "someone" would deem racist?

What if the behavior of our current players cost us the #1 OT an C recruits in the country? Recruits that are Texas legacies.

I actually consider Lavelle Edwards the best coach in the history of College football, he took a University devoid of black talent, and won with them. Even Snyder couldn't do that. He took a team at a University that will kick you out for having sex when you are not married, and won with them.

Show me another coach that could do that? Lavelle's coaching tree is pretty damn impressive as well.

NFL Head Coaches
Brian Billick (BYU tight end 1974-77, Grad. Assistant 1978)
Mike Holmgren (BYU quarterbacks coach 1982-85)
Andy Reid (BYU OL 1978-80, Grad. Assistant 1982)

College Head Coaches
Scott Brumfield (BYU OL 1990-92)
Norm Chow (BYU assistant 1973-1999)
Jim Criner (BYU assistant 1972)
Mike Empey (BYU OL 1987; 91-93, GA 94-96, OT/TE 00-04)
Wally English (BYU OC & QB coach 1978)
Scott Giles (BYU LB 1990-91, GA 1993-94)
Tom Holmoe (BYU DB 1978-82, GA 1990-91)
Dave Kragthorpe (BYU OC & OL coach 1970-1979)
Ed Lamb (BYU LB 1995-96)
Dwain Painter (BYU QB&WR coach 1974-75)
Jim Paronto (BYU LB 1983-84)
Mesa State: 1990-93
Steve Sarkisian (BYU QB 1995-86)
Doug Scoville (BYU OC & QB coach 1976-77, 1979-80)
Mike Sheppard (BYU GA 1977-78)
Kalani Sitake (BYU RB 1994, 1997-2000)
Charlie Stubbs (BYU Alum, GA 1983-84)
Ted Tollner (BYU QB coach 1981)
Garrett Tujague (BYU OL 1989-91)
DeWayne Walker (BYU CB coach 1994)
Kyle Whittingham (BYU LB 1978-81, GA 1985-86)

NFL and College Coordinators
Robert Anae (BYU OL 1981-84, GA 90-91)
Mike Canales (BYU GA 1985-86)
Ty Detmer (BYU QB 1987-91)
Brandon Doman (BYU QB 1998-01, QB coach 05-10, OC 11-13)
Justin Ena (BYU LB 1997-2001)
Dick Felt (BYU HB 1954-55, BYU assistant 1967-1998)
Roger French (BYU assistant 1980-2000)
Nate Gibbs (BYU OL 1991-94, GA 1995-97)
Brian Mitchell (BYU DB 1987-90, DB coach 94-05)
Lance Reynolds (BYU OL 1973-77, assistant 79-80, 83-2012)
Aaron Roderick (BYU WR 1996-98, GA 99-01)
Ken Schmidt (BYU DC, LB coach, 1982-2002)
Fred Whittingham (BYU DC 1978-81, LB coach 73-77)
Gary Zauner (BYU Sp. Tms. coordinator 1979-80)

College Assistants
Claude Bassett (BYU LB coach 1985-1993)
Robbie Bosco (BYU QB 1981-85, QB coach 1990-2003)
Ben Cahoon (BYU WR 1995-97, BYU WR coach 2011-12, 16-present)
Jernaro Gilford (BYU DB 1999-03, CB coach 2016-present)
Garth Hall (BYU RB coach, WR coach 1975-82)
J.D. Helm (BYU assistant 1969-74)
Doug Jolley (BYU TE 1997-01)
Steve Kaufusi (BYU DL 1985-97, DL/LB coach 2002-present)
Barry Lamb (BYU assistant 1994-2009)
Reno Mahe (BYU WR 1998, 01-02, RB coach 2016-present)
Larry Moore (BYU OG, 1995-96)
Mel Olson (BYU C 1964-66, 69, assistant 1972-89)
Chris Pella (BYU recruiting coordinator 1986-03)
Tom Ramage (BYU DL coach, Sp. Tms 1973-2001)
Dennis Simmons (BYU LB 1992-96, GA 1997-98)
Dewey Warren (BYU QB/WR coach 1972-73)
Teag Whiting (BYU OL 1999-2001)
Fred Whittingham, Jr. (BYU FB 1984, 87-89

Other Connections (did not coach or play for Coach Edwards)
Mike Leach - BYU alum, heavily influenced by Coach Edwards
Hal Mumme - Coach Edwards a major influence on his offensive strategy
Matt Edwards - Grandson of LaVell Edwards, currently coaching at Southern Virginia University

Funny story, I met Scott Brumfield back in 1995, at the time he was playing for the Bengals. He walked in, with a mutual friend who introduced me, he shook my hand and his freaking fly was open. How do you tell a 6'6 330 lb offensive linemen your fly is open? You laugh and point and say really loud, dude your fly is open! When I came to, he was gone. JK, but that is how I actually met Scott Brumfield.

Reactions: westx and diadevic
I actually consider Lavelle Edwards the best coach in the history of College football, he took a University devoid of black talent, and won with them. Even Snyder couldn't do that. He took a team at a University that will kick you out for having sex when you are not married, and won with them.

Show me another coach that could do that? Lavelle's coaching tree is pretty damn impressive as well.

NFL Head Coaches
Brian Billick (BYU tight end 1974-77, Grad. Assistant 1978)
Mike Holmgren (BYU quarterbacks coach 1982-85)
Andy Reid (BYU OL 1978-80, Grad. Assistant 1982)

College Head Coaches
Scott Brumfield (BYU OL 1990-92)
Norm Chow (BYU assistant 1973-1999)
Jim Criner (BYU assistant 1972)
Mike Empey (BYU OL 1987; 91-93, GA 94-96, OT/TE 00-04)
Wally English (BYU OC & QB coach 1978)
Scott Giles (BYU LB 1990-91, GA 1993-94)
Tom Holmoe (BYU DB 1978-82, GA 1990-91)
Dave Kragthorpe (BYU OC & OL coach 1970-1979)
Ed Lamb (BYU LB 1995-96)
Dwain Painter (BYU QB&WR coach 1974-75)
Jim Paronto (BYU LB 1983-84)
Mesa State: 1990-93
Steve Sarkisian (BYU QB 1995-86)
Doug Scoville (BYU OC & QB coach 1976-77, 1979-80)
Mike Sheppard (BYU GA 1977-78)
Kalani Sitake (BYU RB 1994, 1997-2000)
Charlie Stubbs (BYU Alum, GA 1983-84)
Ted Tollner (BYU QB coach 1981)
Garrett Tujague (BYU OL 1989-91)
DeWayne Walker (BYU CB coach 1994)
Kyle Whittingham (BYU LB 1978-81, GA 1985-86)

NFL and College Coordinators
Robert Anae (BYU OL 1981-84, GA 90-91)
Mike Canales (BYU GA 1985-86)
Ty Detmer (BYU QB 1987-91)
Brandon Doman (BYU QB 1998-01, QB coach 05-10, OC 11-13)
Justin Ena (BYU LB 1997-2001)
Dick Felt (BYU HB 1954-55, BYU assistant 1967-1998)
Roger French (BYU assistant 1980-2000)
Nate Gibbs (BYU OL 1991-94, GA 1995-97)
Brian Mitchell (BYU DB 1987-90, DB coach 94-05)
Lance Reynolds (BYU OL 1973-77, assistant 79-80, 83-2012)
Aaron Roderick (BYU WR 1996-98, GA 99-01)
Ken Schmidt (BYU DC, LB coach, 1982-2002)
Fred Whittingham (BYU DC 1978-81, LB coach 73-77)
Gary Zauner (BYU Sp. Tms. coordinator 1979-80)

College Assistants
Claude Bassett (BYU LB coach 1985-1993)
Robbie Bosco (BYU QB 1981-85, QB coach 1990-2003)
Ben Cahoon (BYU WR 1995-97, BYU WR coach 2011-12, 16-present)
Jernaro Gilford (BYU DB 1999-03, CB coach 2016-present)
Garth Hall (BYU RB coach, WR coach 1975-82)
J.D. Helm (BYU assistant 1969-74)
Doug Jolley (BYU TE 1997-01)
Steve Kaufusi (BYU DL 1985-97, DL/LB coach 2002-present)
Barry Lamb (BYU assistant 1994-2009)
Reno Mahe (BYU WR 1998, 01-02, RB coach 2016-present)
Larry Moore (BYU OG, 1995-96)
Mel Olson (BYU C 1964-66, 69, assistant 1972-89)
Chris Pella (BYU recruiting coordinator 1986-03)
Tom Ramage (BYU DL coach, Sp. Tms 1973-2001)
Dennis Simmons (BYU LB 1992-96, GA 1997-98)
Dewey Warren (BYU QB/WR coach 1972-73)
Teag Whiting (BYU OL 1999-2001)
Fred Whittingham, Jr. (BYU FB 1984, 87-89

Other Connections (did not coach or play for Coach Edwards)
Mike Leach - BYU alum, heavily influenced by Coach Edwards
Hal Mumme - Coach Edwards a major influence on his offensive strategy
Matt Edwards - Grandson of LaVell Edwards, currently coaching at Southern Virginia University

Funny story, I met Scott Brumfield back in 1995, at the time he was playing for the Bengals. He walked in, with a mutual friend who introduced me, he shook my hand and his freaking fly was open. How do you tell a 6'6 330 lb offensive linemen your fly is open? You laugh and point and say really loud, dude your fly is open! When I came to, he was gone. JK, but that is how I actually met Scott Brumfield.
To me, Saban is king with Bear Bryant at the #2 spot. Nonetheless, Snyder and Edwards are in the top 10 when you factor in some of the obstacles at their respective universities. Edwards managed to be one of the first to implement an actual sophisticated passing game

More slant and opinion.

Show me a post where I said Mike Gundy is a better coach than Mack Brown.

Bill Snyder may be easily replaceable, but it took them 95 years to find him and from 2006-2008, they were 17-20, fired their coach, and begged him to come back. So, I'm going to need more than an 8-5 season to conclude that oleo.o o.o Bill can easily be replaced.

How much did Pickens influence their performance if it's so easily quantifiable, because it sure doesn't show up in recruiting rankings. We've crushed them in recruiting over the last decade and they've beaten us 7-10 times.

blah, blah, blah more opinion presented as fact by you.

Do you think that every athlete at Texas believes that The Eyes of Texas is racist? Based on your logic, they must, because they haven't spoken out in support of it. Could it possibly be that they are afraid of the potential impact of taking a stance that "someone" would deem racist?

What if the behavior of our current players cost us the #1 OT an C recruits in the country? Recruits that are Texas legacies.

I have facts to back up everything I posted I investigated. OSU's facilities and stadium were terrible they didn't bother to show the stadium to recruits. T. Boone paid for all those facilities and renovations and now OSU's are as good as anyone. With a level field now Mike Gundy is at a plateau and I don't he can get them to the next level.

7/3 against TX? Look everyone who had a score against TX got it this decade. I have investigated the Mike Gundy story from the beginning you haven't and that is apparent.

Now it appears you're going to the Brockermeyer brothers. For goodness signing day is 6 months away and because of this pandemic players are going to decommitt at a fast pace.

And tired of posters coming on here acting like they know what's going on behind closed doors cause they don't. The only one who has any knowledge is clob94 because he's the former player.

I have facts to back up everything I posted I investigated. OSU's facilities and stadium were terrible they didn't bother to show the stadium to recruits. T. Boone paid for all those facilities and renovations and now OSU's are as good as anyone. With a level field now Mike Gundy is at a plateau and I don't he can get them to the next level.

7/3 against TX? Look everyone who had a score against TX got it this decade. I have investigated the Mike Gundy story from the beginning you haven't and that is apparent.

Now it appears you're going to the Brockermeyer brothers. For goodness signing day is 6 months away and because of this pandemic players are going to decommitt at a fast pace.

And tired of posters coming on here acting like they know what's going on behind closed doors cause they don't. The only one who has any knowledge is clob94 because he's the former player.

You've investigate what exactly? What inside scoop do you have?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...ships-chuba-hubard-mike-holder-021817158.html

The suggestion that Mike Gundy's success is directly attributable to Picken's is not a fact. Based on 247 recruiting rankings, facility improvements have not made an appreciable difference in their recruiting.

The only thing that is obvious about the vast majority of your post is that you have a definitive political slant.

All I've posted is fact. Mike Gundy is the most successful coach in OSU history and that's based on results. I'm not the one trying to hang asteriks on everything.

You do not fire someone because they wear a shirt someone didn't like. You do not draw conclusions about someone based on what people haven't said.

I never said I had a scope on those players. I posed a hypothetical possibility. The facts are that we had a group of players post an ultimatum and within 3 weeks, 7 or 8 recruiting experts changed crystal balls from Texas to Alabama. I don't know anything, but they do. How would you interpret that?

This is a little unfair, cali. Chubba Hubbard being black has nothing to do with many posters on here disagreeing with ppl sswhat he did. There are several of us on this board that have respected what Gundy has managed to accomplish at OSU and have posted about it over the years. Is it possible to disagree with black people and not be racist? The thought of being labeled racist for disagreeing with BLM perspectives is racist in and of itself. I do not watch OANN, but if it is conspiracy theory that bothers people, why not hold everybody to the same standard. CNN and MSNBC and others propagandized an attempted coup of the president on a bogus premise.

westx I like you and your opinions I'd rather not ruin it over disagreements on what's going on in America. My wife who I love is a conservative R and we can have a civil discussion about this. But some posters on here are not trying to have a civil discussion they're looking for a fight. I have posted that I'm sure Mike Gundy is a decent man. And I didn't say he was a racist I said he was out of touch with his players and apparently he has been for quite some. But that doesn't mean he's a racist there's a difference I know that.

And as for me I don't watch CNN or MSNBC I don't watch Fox or listen to talk radio. I realize that both parties are to blame. My wife and I are watching rotten a documentary that is eye opening. 13th is another and this has a lot to with now. It's not a battle of left or right and btw I hate conspiracy theorists.

One thing that I forgot to post. If what I'm reading is true than it makes sense to me why he hasn't won more than 1 championship.

Reactions: westx
You've investigate what exactly? What inside scoop do you have?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...ships-chuba-hubard-mike-holder-021817158.html

The suggestion that Mike Gundy's success is directly attributable to Picken's is not a fact. Based on 247 recruiting rankings, facility improvements have not made an appreciable difference in their recruiting.

The only thing that is obvious about the vast majority of your post is that you have a definitive political slant.

All I've posted is fact. Mike Gundy is the most successful coach in OSU history and that's based on results. I'm not the one trying to hang asteriks on everything.

You do not fire someone because they wear a shirt someone didn't like. You do not draw conclusions about someone based on what people haven't said.

I never said I had a scope on those players. I posed a hypothetical possibility. The facts are that we had a group of players post an ultimatum and within 3 weeks, 7 or 8 recruiting experts changed crystal balls from Texas to Alabama. I don't know anything, but they do. How would you interpret that?

Your link is last weeks news. A lot has happened since then. And as I've said before this pandemic has changed things dramatically there will be a lot of decommitts before the December signing weekend. I trust coach Herman

Keep worrying about t-shirts and hurt feelings while the whole damn college sports eco-system is crumbling. Nice

Your link is last weeks news. A lot has happened since then. And as I've said before this pandemic has changed things dramatically there will be a lot of decommitts before the December signing weekend. I trust coach Herman

I posted that OSU released a statement that their investigation cleared Gundy of racism. (Fact)

You posted that OSU has not supported Gundy. (Opinion).

I posted a link to an article that included the statement. (Support for my Fact)

You posted that the article was old news. (Another Opinion, no evidence)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...-mike-gundy-and-former-oklahoma-state-players

I guess that is old news too.

I posted that OSU released a statement that their investigation cleared Gundy of racism. (Fact)

You posted that OSU has not supported Gundy. (Opinion).

I posted a link to an article that included the statement. (Support for my Fact)

You posted that the article was old news. (Another Opinion, no evidence)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si...-mike-gundy-and-former-oklahoma-state-players

I guess that is old news too.

The link you cited was on 7/2 today is 7/8. And wth? this new link confirmed that there is a disconnect between Mike Gundy.

OSU found no wrongdoing I doubt that they're trying to contain this and try to get through the season and make a decision.

And players like Thurman Thomas and others black players you said you couldn't listen to it probably because he wasn't conservative.

I'll tell you what you just keep on carrying your torch for Mike Gundy.

Keep worrying about t-shirts and hurt feelings while the whole damn college sports eco-system is crumbling. Nice

You are worried about college sports? Take a look at what is happening in our country. Our whole way of life is being destroyed by communist and we are sitting on our asses doing nothing but worrying about college football.

The link you cited was on 7/2 today is 7/8. And wth? this new link confirmed that there is a disconnect between Mike Gundy.

OSU found no wrongdoing I doubt that they're trying to contain this and try to get through the season and make a decision.

And players like Thurman Thomas and others black players you said you couldn't listen to it probably because he wasn't conservative.

I'll tell you what you just keep on carrying your torch for Mike Gundy.

And you keep carry the torch for people that make shite up.

westx I like you and your opinions I'd rather not ruin it over disagreements on what's going on in America. My wife who I love is a conservative R and we can have a civil discussion about this. But some posters on here are not trying to have a civil discussion they're looking for a fight. I have posted that I'm sure Mike Gundy is a decent man. And I didn't say he was a racist I said he was out of touch with his players and apparently he has been for quite some. But that doesn't mean he's a racist there's a difference I know that.

And as for me I don't watch CNN or MSNBC I don't watch Fox or listen to talk radio. I realize that both parties are to blame. My wife and I are watching rotten a documentary that is eye opening. 13th is another and this has a lot to with now. It's not a battle of left or right and btw I hate conspiracy theorists.

One thing that I forgot to post. If what I'm reading is true than it makes sense to me why he hasn't won more than 1 championship.
I always look forward to your posts. You have always been respectful and I am fully aware that many times our intentions in our minds aren't articulated in a typed post (speaking on my own deficiencies). Btw, I have had to stay away from watching any news from any source for my own sanity.

ADVERTISEMENT