ADVERTISEMENT

Possible coordinators to be hired?

Bevo1979

Feb 26, 2007
I know TH said there was no rush to hire the coordinators. I am a little worried that this may play a negative impact in recruiting. From what I have read the only options we have read or talked about are Graham Harrell and Joe Brady for offensive coordinator does anyone know of any other possible OC interest? For defense we have heard about Chris Ash and the defensive coordinator from Utah. Have I missed anyone else that may be considered for DC? Is there anything new on the coordinators to be hired that I may have missed?

Clob I guess your right just would like to know where we stand. I guess we will never know until TH has his press conference about coordinators.

So apparently Graham Harrell has a contract renewal from USC sitting on his desk that he has not yet signed. Why he has not signed it is anyone's guess, but obviously he is waiting on something. I think he is waiting to see what all jobs open before he makes a decision. Probably waiting for a HC position to open somewhere because he would have jumped on the Texas job if he really wanted it.

I've heard Rhett Lashlee's name mentioned as a possible OC. He is currently the OC at SMU, and it looks like they did a pretty good job this year. There is always the Major sitting at Alabama as an analyst, but that might not be a possibility. I hope Herman is exploring a bunch of options including NFL assistants.

Not to resurrect fond memories, but was Beck better than Watson? Watson had to deal with a bad head coach and a freshman OL. Nevermind, this topic is too painful.

Reactions: freeper
I know TH said there was no rush to hire the coordinators. I am a little worried that this may play a negative impact in recruiting. From what I have read the only options we have read or talked about are Graham Harrell and Joe Brady for offensive coordinator does anyone know of any other possible OC interest? For defense we have heard about Chris Ash and the defensive coordinator from Utah. Have I missed anyone else that may be considered for DC? Is there anything new on the coordinators to be hired that I may have missed?
At this point there is no indication that any recruits are in peril. Van Fillinger flipped immediately and Ty Jordan has likely fliiped though that is unclear. The rest of the class is solid. Are other top recruits are waiting until NSD2 anyways so from a recruiting stand point no need to rush things.

USC had a bad ass offense at the end of the season. It'll be interesting to watch them in the Holiday Bowl against IA.

And almost all the skill players will be back and don't believe the LA social media they're going to catch up in recruiting real quick which will give GH even more weapons. I look for SC make a big comeback next year.

Well now that we didn't get our first choice, every other OC will know they aren't our first choice. Things will get more complicated now.

Reactions: Hookedonit
Why was that out first choice? That offense has never won a ship. Good for show but defense always gets tired.

Well now that we didn't get our first choice, every other OC will know they aren't our first choice. Things will get more complicated now.
Clob, do you know if Ash was Texas' first choice? I know he was an analyst for Texas but don't know if he was courted by any other teams besides Texas?

From all reports Ash was the first and only to interview for the DC job. I think Clob is right about our strike out with the OC. It's going to be tough with other OC's knowing that Harrell was our first choice and we struck out. The OC from SMU is not coming here as he has Shane one more year and Brady ain't leaving LSU. Maybe call Major and give him and Interview. He knows TX recruiting and may do wonders with the quarterbacks we are about to have.

Clob, do you know if Ash was Texas' first choice? I know he was an analyst for Texas but don't know if he was courted by any other teams besides Texas?
Yes. Now obviously there were other names floated that were out of the realm of possibility, but as I understand it, once the obvious "no way" were taken off the table, Ash was the first realistic choice. He was already drawing a paycheck and he has a decent working knowledge of the kids and system.

OC wise, everyone I've talked to have said the same thing about Major-- there's just too much bad juju with Major. You don't fvck one of the student trainers while your wife is preggers and come back and kiss and make up and everything is forgotten.

Yes. Now obviously there were other names floated that were out of the realm of possibility, but as I understand it, once the obvious "no way" were taken off the table, Ash was the first realistic choice. He was already drawing a paycheck and he has a decent working knowledge of the kids and system.

OC wise, everyone I've talked to have said the same thing about Major-- there's just too much bad juju with Major. You don't fvck one of the student trainers while your wife is preggers and come back and kiss and make up and everything is forgotten.

And even out here 1500 miles away you could tell how arrogant and entitled he was acting when he came back as an asst. I loved him when he was the qb here. Not so much when he was a coach.

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT