ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction Thread: UT vs WVU

50 degrees and rainy so I expect low score so turnovers and rushing should decide this game 21 -17 Texas shocks them with a surprising run game and control the clock. If not raining I'm worried about WV passing game with 3 receivers nearing a 1000 yards each in reception yards.

If it is raining can Texas run the ball??Ive seen UWV in person and they were big and had talented players.Their QB is a coaches son and made accurate throws.Texas will have to play its best game to beat them.

20-10 WVU. Herman is probably tired of answering questions on Beck... he will have more to answer this week imo

27-17 wvu. We won't be able to run the ball effectively even though their dline is small, Williams is back, and Sam isn't starting. If Sam plays the entire game, we win this. If Boo plays, we lose it.

Couchburner U is 102 of 129 on total defense. If Sam plays ball, he changes the game. I'd like to see Sam and Shane in the game at the same time with Sam lining up as the fullback.

It's rather obvious that gamblers don't like this matchup. The line has hardly budged, dropping a half point. Currently sits at WV -3.

OB War Room:

There appears to be more optimism from people associated with the program this week than there has been since the off-season.

Don't get me wrong. Everyone I spoke with this week is concerned about West Virginia. They know winning this game is going to be difficult. There is not a single person willing to say Texas “should” win this weekend. There are plenty of people associated with the program who believe Texas will have to play better than it has in previous games to pull off a victory.
Yet, there is more hope 10 games into the season than in previous years under Charlie Strong.

The goal for everyone associated in the program – from top to bottom – is getting to at least six wins and advancing to a bowl game. Texas football coach Tom Herman has talked about advancing to a bowl game for the seniors, but it appears everyone on the team wants to a postseason appearance.

From what I was told, players with NFL aspirations want the extra game to impress scouts. The underclassmen want the opportunity to experience a bowl game. Coaches want the extra practices. Administrators want Herman to hang his hat on something in year one.
ESPN recently projected Texas to play against Utah in the Texas Bowl (Houston), or face Missouri in the AutoZone Liberty Bowl in Memphis. The picture will become much clearer after the season finale against Texas Tech next week.

One reason people associated with the program are excited is the returned presence of left tackle Connor Williams.

After sustaining a knee injury against USC in week three, Williams has been on the shelf until this week. Williams was considering not playing and preparing for the NFL. However, he spoke to Herman last week and was convinced to play against West Virginia. Williams will not be asked to risk another injury, but he is hoping to help his team, while improving his draft stock, this weekend.
From what I was told this week, Williams played well during practice this week. Williams seemingly has not lost a step while recovering his injury, and everyone who saw him practice this week said he looked like the same guy.

However, there is some concern about the offense.

Multiple people described Buechele’s week of practice as “okay”, and nobody was willing to say the offense looked better this week. In fact, the only time the offense excelled, according to those who witnessed practice, is when the unit performed against the twos. Still, many associated with the program are optimistic Buechele can lead this offense to enough points to help the Longhorns’ defense.

Neither quarterback is viewed as a close-to-completed product by this staff. They believe Buechele is an accurate passer who takes too many sacks. At the same time, they view Ehlinger as an exciting gun-slinger who misses the designed routes. The staff likes both quarterbacks, but they are waiting for one passer to take over.
“We’re going to talk about it tonight,” Herman said when asked about a potential quarterback rotation. “We’re going to talk about it again tomorrow. What we told them, what they’re prepared for, is both of them will play. Play early, probably. Then probably get a feel for how each of them is playing, and how we have to win the game is probably the best way to put it.” (Richardson)

One thing about Sam. To me he plays his best when his face is flushed and he is fully into the game. I suspect he is a slow starter and that play calling will be designed to protect him from hits. Both those things inhibit his intangibles. But with a tender head I understand the need to shelter him. This whole season has been a case of 'what ifs'.

So, I hear Anwar Richardson is running with, "Williams was talked into playing (convinced) these last few games". Did Herman nut check this dildo?

So, I hear Anwar Richardson is running with, "Williams was talked into playing (convinced) these last few games". Did Herman nut check this dildo?

Anwar is the best isn't he. I am just glad Herman patched things up with Malik.

That's pretty much it. He just manufactures drama where there is none. He fits in perfectly with the rest of that crew.

Let’s not forget his scoop late last summer that Swoopes was “miles ahead” of Buechele in the QB competition. Dude is obviously well-connected.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I predict a lot of ugly....early on a Saturday....too much ugly....it might get fugly....worst case scenario it gets frugly....

It’s not unheard of for coaches, players , trainers to push players to get bs k on the field to help the team fighting for a bowl game. I mean that’s a big reason why football is where it is in terms of the head injury situation. Who knows if that’s happening with Williams but I wouldn’t be so quick to discount it.

Especially because Herman has made it clear all year he doesn’t want to fire Beck and wants no part as the primary playcaller. He could figure that if he can get Williams back in there and the offense has a good 2-3 games, and Williams plays wellhe can say “see we just need to get better on the offensive line”

Obviously if that doesn’t happen it’s gonna be pretty tough to not make some changes on offense. Doesn’t really matter though if the report is true or not(no one really knows). For better or worse he’s playing tomorrow.

It’s not unheard of for coaches, players , trainers to push players to get bs k on the field to help the team fighting for a bowl game. I mean that’s a big reason why football is where it is in terms of the head injury situation. Who knows if that’s happening with Williams but I wouldn’t be so quick to discount it.

Especially because Herman has made it clear all year he doesn’t want to fire Beck and wants no part as the primary playcaller. He could figure that if he can get Williams back in there and the offense has a good 2-3 games, and Williams plays wellhe can say “see we just need to get better on the offensive line”

Obviously if that doesn’t happen it’s gonna be pretty tough to not make some changes on offense. Doesn’t really matter though if the report is true or not(no one really knows). For better or worse he’s playing tomorrow.

Holy Crap!
You have a problem!

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn

So you are accusing Coach Herman of risking known injured players’ health/career to sustain Beck’s career at Texas? Do you have a source?

ADVERTISEMENT