ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for NDAFArly

Scholz, the reason 95% of the threads on here get locked is because of your tirades. It's old. I have to have this conversation with you two or three times a year to tone it down. Try having some self awareness about your posting style.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Fair enough. You're right. But I honestly don't like the okies. Can't help it. I'll just post less.

Fair enough. You're right. But I honestly don't like the okies. Can't help it. I'll just post less.

I know that you don't like the okies, and no says that you have to. Just please be more civil towards others here. Thanks.

Don't piss-off the Walking Boss!

luke_zps0785731c.jpg

Hook'em

Reactions: oldhorn2
With an unproven offense, like UT has, under your scenario you are giving the other team more opportunities to score by your team going 3 and out and punting more. Argument can be made both ways. Obviously if UT's offense was known to run like a well oiled machine then yes I would agree with deferring until the second half.

I still think that ND has the better overall team. Let's say they are similar defensively. ND is much better offensively than Texas. Longer time in the system, right players for it, etc. Texas has a new OC, system, etc. I'll take ND on a neutral field any day, but the crowd and weather HAVE to be factors for Texas to have a shot. Although it's looking like storms may be in the forecast... Rain may make the game bearable in that sense.

I don't think Texas can make the crowd any more difficult than Clemson, and ND seemed to do fine there, even with a loss. Clemson just played better D.

Anyways, as long as there is no shady business that decants the game one way or the other, I'll be happy. I don't want it to be an excuse for either side. May the best team win.

I still think that ND has the better overall team. Let's say they are similar defensively. ND is much better offensively than Texas. Longer time in the system, right players for it, etc. Texas has a new OC, system, etc. I'll take ND on a neutral field any day, but the crowd and weather HAVE to be factors for Texas to have a shot. Although it's looking like storms may be in the forecast... Rain may make the game bearable in that sense.

I don't think Texas can make the crowd any more difficult than Clemson, and ND seemed to do fine there, even with a loss. Clemson just played better D.

Anyways, as long as there is no shady business that decants the game one way or the other, I'll be happy. I don't want it to be an excuse for either side. May the best team win.

You on the wrong BB to claim ND has anything better than Texas, as you can see Texas has better players due to the " Core Values" that Charlie has set up, and everyone goes to class and no riding around with guns and dope in the car, you know when i was in HS many moons ago and went riding with my budds, I always knew who had the booze,who had the knives and chains...so ya can't say them dudes didn't know, and what makes it bad is that ND is a catholic school, probably have to start shakin down the priest everyday...LOL! Kelly maybe a good FB coach but, he failed on this one, just like Briles at Baylor...

Hook'em

This is all overstated. Strong and company have done a nice job of degrading the perception of Texas' QB situation by stating that the freshman has not been better than Swoopes. There are play makers all over the field outside of QB. On the other hand, ND has two proven QB's and a bunch of question marks on offense. Clearly better remains to be seen.
The defenses are only similar in that neither was particularly good last year. Texas, however, brings more starters back.

This is all overstated. Strong and company have done a nice job of degrading the perception of Texas' QB situation by stating that the freshman has not been better than Swoopes. There are play makers all over the field outside of QB. On the other hand, ND has two proven QB's and a bunch of question marks on offense. Clearly better remains to be seen.
The defenses are only similar in that neither was particularly good last year. Texas, however, brings more starters back.

What do you mean by "a bunch of questions on offense?"

What do you mean by "a bunch of questions on offense?"
Who are the QBs going to throw it to? What does the offense even look like?
And by the way I get that ND is coming off a better season and is the ranked team, but the post I was responding to made it seem as if ND is better or evenly matched at every spot and would easily win unless outside factors intervene. I don't see it that way. I think our WRs have an advantage on your secondary, and likewise, think our secondary will probably be able to contain your WRs well enough to free up some thing in terms of pass rush. We'll see.

Who are the QBs going to throw it to? What does the offense even look like?
And by the way I get that ND is coming off a better season and is the ranked team, but the post I was responding to made it seem as if ND is better or evenly matched at every spot and would easily win unless outside factors intervene. I don't see it that way. I think our WRs have an advantage on your secondary, and likewise, think our secondary will probably be able to contain your WRs well enough to free up some thing in terms of pass rush. We'll see.

I can give you my understanding of the WRs.

Hunter is a playmaker who is ranked 16th best WR by NFL scouts & St. Brown is the name to remember. Last year with ND loaded with WRs St. Brown still managed to work into the lineup as a true freshman & actually started over Corey Robinson before getting hurt. Herbstreit picked him as his top 3 breakout stars of the year. He has been the talk of everybody at ND. Think Michael Floyd.
Smythe is actually the returning starter at TE. He was hurt in game 2 last year so everybody forgets he beat out the other TEs before getting hurt.
The offense is the exact same with both QBs. They both can throw & both can run. Kelly wants to run the read option more, so both will play to keep them fresh.

I can give you my understanding of the WRs.

Hunter is a playmaker who is ranked 16th best WR by NFL scouts & St. Brown is the name to remember. Last year with ND loaded with WRs St. Brown still managed to work into the lineup as a true freshman & actually started over Corey Robinson before getting hurt. Herbstreit picked him as his top 3 breakout stars of the year. He has been the talk of everybody at ND. Think Michael Floyd.
Smythe is actually the returning starter at TE. He was hurt in game 2 last year so everybody forgets he beat out the other TEs before getting hurt.
The offense is the exact same with both QBs. They both can throw & both can run. Kelly wants to run the read option more, so both will play to keep them fresh.
That Zaire can sure run no doubt. Farley you seem like a nice guy but win or lose you gotta be here after the game to either eat crow or say I told you so. I'm thinking it's going to be a good one. All eyes will be watching on Sunday night.

That Zaire can sure run no doubt. Farley you seem like a nice guy but win or lose you gotta be here after the game to either eat crow or say I told you so. I'm thinking it's going to be a good one. All eyes will be watching on Sunday night.

I will never say I told you so. I'm not really sure what I've even said? Lol.

And I don't consider it eating crow. If ND loses because Texas beats them then good on Texas. Every game has one winner & one loser. I will only be mad if ND beats themselves by being stupid. But that wouldn't be Texas' problem.

The one thing I would have to admit I was wrong on would be the OLine if they get dominated. I really think the running game should be great this year.

With that torrential rain that game is the only time a VanGorder defense has limited the HUNH spread.

The question is can we run the new offense?

Prediction: Irish 27 Horns 16.

Conditions: If the new up tempo offense for Texas throws the Irish off their game plus the Irish TO the ball a number of times. Texas can win under that scenario.

However, the Irish D will be better than they were last year. some weaknesses are some small DB's and SS. I believe the inside 7 are very good and will give Texas a handful. Also if Texas can not adjust to the size of the Irish o-line it may be a long night for the horns, They are a talented bunch and probably the largest O-line in the NCAA and is larger than most NFL squads.

Prediction: Irish 27 Horns 16.

Conditions: If the new up tempo offense for Texas throws the Irish off their game plus the Irish TO the ball a number of times. Texas can win under that scenario.

However, the Irish D will be better than they were last year. some weaknesses are some small DB's and SS. I believe the inside 7 are very good and will give Texas a handful. Also if Texas can not adjust to the size of the Irish o-line it may be a long night for the horns, They are a talented bunch and probably the largest O-line in the NCAA and is larger than most NFL squads.
I will say that for the first time in a long time, we have a bunch of very good athletes at all of the skill positions and secondary that are not all freshman. I really believe these guys will make some plays and hopefully an interception or two.

I will say that for the first time in a long time, we have a bunch of very good athletes at all of the skill positions and secondary that are not all freshman. I really believe these guys will make some plays and hopefully an interception or two.
We will need to win the turnover battle +3 to win this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT