ADVERTISEMENT

Pure Luck and we know it …..

I love how some of you would rather grind the negative instead of celebrating the win. Jeez. It’s never good enough.
I know you're right. But we bog down in the second half every time. We can't seem to make adjustments after halftime on either side of the ball. What gives? Compare the first and second half stats. For both teams. We can play like this and win the last 3 games and that would be great but I don't see how we can make the playoffs.

I know you're right. But we bog down in the second half every time. We can't seem to make adjustments after halftime on either side of the ball. What gives? Compare the first and second half stats. For both teams. We can play like this and win the last 3 games and that would be great but I don't see how we can make the playoffs.
Exactly

It's hard to watch. We came out in the 2nd half of the Bama game and just piss pounded them.
We've been pedestrian in the 2nd half so many times this year.
How much of this could be “playing down to your opponent?” That’s one thing that I’ve always noticed, we’ll beat an Alabama but let bad teams stay in games. Seems like the team lacks that killer instinct. I’m not sure if it’s the players or the coaching but it’s definitely an issue.

Reactions: Hookedonit
We can’t play conservative. This team is good when we go full throttle but as soon as we try to eat some clock or make the other team eat clock we stall out.

How much of this could be “playing down to your opponent?” That’s one thing that I’ve always noticed, we’ll beat an Alabama but let bad teams stay in games. Seems like the team lacks that killer instinct. I’m not sure if it’s the players or the coaching but it’s definitely an issue.
To me it is more of a coaching and play calling issue. Sark gets way too conservative when we get up by multiple scores. PK also goes into a prevent defense as well and we give up tons of yardage on the underneath stuff because our secondary is playing so soft. We had most of our success in the 1st half when we were bringing 5 man pressures and forcing their young QB to make quick decisions. We just quit doing that in the 2nd half.

TCU was putting 7 to 8 guys in the box in the 2nd half yesterday and we just kept running right into their hand when we should have been throwing the ball a little more.

Going into Ames at night next weekend scares the hell out of me. That 3 safety look has given Quinn fits for almost 2 years now and Iowa State does it better than any other team in the country.

We can’t play conservative. This team is good when we go full throttle but as soon as we try to eat some clock or make the other team eat clock we stall out.
Go back and look at my comment right before the 3rd Q started.
4 minute offense all half.

I can remember in past games, bleacher coaches were complaining that we were trying the passing game, only to have incompletes and stopping the clock.
Damn if you do, damn if you don't.

Lead was choked but game was won. At the end of the game all that matters is that the leading point/s is on our side.

I’m glad we won, but how in the world is anyone happy whilst watching blown 3 TD leads over the last 3 games? It’s infuriating.

Being mad at the process, concerned about the staff, and happy the players figured out how to overcome can all happen at the same time

I’m glad we won, but how in the world is anyone happy whilst watching blown 3 TD leads over the last 3 games? It’s infuriating.

Being mad at the process, concerned about the staff, and happy the players figured out how to overcome can all happen at the same time
In no way am I happy with the TCU comeback but at this point it's a win. I've just accepted that we're gonna blow the lead but hang on by a c&nt hair to win.

Last edited:
It's hard to watch. We came out in the 2nd half of the Bama game and just piss pounded them.
We've been pedestrian in the 2nd half so many times this year.
No argument from me. We just like to play these games tight for some stupid reason. I just can't get upset about it any longer. We're winning and 9-1 since who knows when. Is it luck? Sure some of it. Will this work against good teams doubt it but who knows.

In no way am I happy with the TCU comeback but at this point it's a win. I've just accepted that we're gonna blow the lead but hang on by a c&nt hair to win.

Not a recipe for consistent success man. Inability to put a team away is a concerning trend. The levee will break if that shit isn’t fixed. And it’s an offensive play calling issue.

Well Venables suffocating DagainstSark’s offense really wasn’t fair to Texas fans

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT