ADVERTISEMENT

Q. Johnson critique, by one of the best to ever do it (Steve Smith, Sr..)

HuffTex

Gold Member
Mar 26, 2006
AMERICA
I thought this was interesting, especially with regards to specific guys on this site who keep claiming Johnson was the best player on TCU's team last season. Most talented? Probably, Best athlete? WIthout a doubt. Most likely to be picked highest? Certainly. But as a guy with that type of talent, you'd think he'd do better than 1 season over 700 yards (1,069), and 14 total TDs. He had 2 (TWO) 6 touchdown seasons....and 1 of those TDs was a lame duck last season when our CB and S miscommunicated and he was 30 yards behind everyone. I just wonder what kind of questions Johnson will be asked by teams in the run up to the draft. It may be that his stock is so high that it doesn't come down. Certainly, if you put on a highlight reel, he is a top 10-15 pick. But this is the time of year when scouts and coaches sell their "Must haves" to the HC/GM. I could be wrong, but I think QJ is gonna take a little more selling than a complete freak of his caliber normally would. I am not predicting a drop, but I am going to keep an on where he goes and who takes him. Looks like Steve Smith feels the same way. What do you all think?

Reactions: NotSOFlashy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News